IGNORED

Retro-Bit Super Retrocade with Capcom, Data East games

Flojomojo

Just curious, has anyone been able to run Mr Do's Wild Ride? It loads fine, but I can't seem to Start a game :(

Refresh your ROMs with the link PhoenixDown provided. Mr. Do's Wild Ride works (I mean not conceptually, but the game runs) and so does Astro Blaster. I was having trouble with that one earlier... you'd start it and it would end immediately afterward.

Refresh your ROMs with the link PhoenixDown provided. Mr. Do's Wild Ride works (I mean not conceptually, but the game runs) and so does Astro Blaster. I was having trouble with that one earlier... you'd start it and it would end immediately afterward.

Thanks, but I still can't get it to work? It loads, but I can't insert coin and start it :(

Call me overwhelmed! I really will have to use separate SD cards for different systems at this point.

That how I have mine separated. It really starts to take a long time to search games once you hit three or more systems on tge sane card. I hope someone eventually figures the filter option out.

I got bored and opened up my Super Retrocade. In case you were wondering what was poking around inside, well, this is it. I didn't notice any hidden USB ports inside the system like there is with the Genesis Flashback HD, so you'll have to find some other way to get at the firmware.

post-393-0-77329600-1525536221_thumb.jpg

post-393-0-25266700-1525536235.jpg

post-393-0-07240600-1525536249.jpg

post-393-0-94265500-1525536260.jpg

• Like 2

I got bored and opened up my Super Retrocade. In case you were wondering what was poking around inside, well, this is it. I didn't notice any hidden USB ports inside the system like there is with the Genesis Flashback HD, so you'll have to find some other way to get at the firmware.

Those TX/RX/GND vias on the PCB close to the SD smell of serial console ... so it is possible that albeit no USB, there's a COM way to hack it.

Truth be told I don't really care although I found it weird that they decided NOT to support directories, it would have made life so much easier (their old crappier version did support directories).

Maybe the new one for the next holiday season would fix it, I believe this product is successful, there have been NO cuts on the sale price and there are very few "used" offers on Amazon, which means buyers thought that one way or another it is worth the price of the ticket.

[it was very different with the previous product, its price got slashed in half within 5 or 6 weeks, and I got mine "used" for < 20US$ shipped]

The "success" of this iteration makes me believe they will try again, hopefully they would sort out the libRetro/retroArch mess and upgrade the CPU to get rid of the stuttering in even more games.

• Like 1

I was looking at information on the Super Retro-cade and I saw the newest review on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/RetroCade-Classic-Console-Retro-Bit-Carrying-nintendo/product-reviews/B079SL9Q2N/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews on an updated version 1.1 of it. I guess us original owners are left out in the cold with the improvements and new games.

Edited by Megadragon15

Here is the updated list (at the end what's been added/removed)

91RuGNoiU7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Interestingly all the additions are Arcade so I won't sweat it as the big packs likely include those and more.

The bundle with the case seems cheap enough but nobody would be surprised if I said that I would NOT be buying this unit again :D

That review states that not all the stuttering is solved etc...etc... so who's to say in another month or so there won't be a 1.2 .... unless they release the firmware update for anyone to update their 1.0 these retro-fixes won't really sit well with people that already purchased the 1.0

EDIT: validated the Arcade pack covers all of the 5 added (with Armed Police Unit Gallop using the US rom version named Cosmic Cop).

Now that video smoothing thing he's talking about in the review maybe it is something interesting, likely they updated/tweaked their mame4droid, wrt some stuttering fixes who knows maybe simple side effect of recompiling/rebuilding from newer sources (purely speculative on my part)

• Like 1

Seems cool but also sleazy if they did a 1.1 that fixes things. Game changes are one thing, but if you have a reason to fix the controls or something with tweaking the emulator for smoother play it would be best with that SD card slot I see to give up some updates for those who got on early.

Ah well. Every computer gets updates, and this one was only like fifty bucks. I don't believe it was ever sold as an updatable setup.

Read the press release and tell me that this version 1.1 is not a disappointment since they announce the possibility of firmware updates and dlc in it only to backtrack on it after release and say that there will be no firmware updates: http://retro-bit.com/super-retrocade-press-release

Edited by Megadragon15
  • Like 1

Read the press release and tell me that this version 1.1 is not a disappointment since they announce the possibility of firmware updates and dlc in it only to backtrack on it after release and say that there will be no firmware updates: http://retro-bit.com/super-retrocade-press-release

While only $50, the ability to not be able to update via download is disappointing. People should be able to send in unit for a discount at least.

• Like 2

"In addition, Retro-Bit® is excited to announce the possibility of featured firmware updates and downloadable content (DLC) to accompany the Super Retro-Cade in the near future."

I guess it wasn't possible, then. Ah well. Vaporware for a game console is nothing new. Better take that consumer rage over to the GameGavel discussion thread, where it's another bubbling cauldron of disappointment.