IGNORED

For Sale: Atari 5200 Wico Command Control Joystick

C_Donahue

[EDIT 10/21: I've lowered the price and hope it's a bit more reasonable. Without a doubt I have no interest in trying to gouge anyone and apologize if my initial ask was too steep. These obscure things are always so weird to sell. Thank you!]

[EDIT 10/16: Since I haven't gotten any interested buyers here yet, I've elected to try the eBay route just so anyone who may see this same item on eBay is aware. That said, if someone ends up wanting to buy it here before the auction runs out, I'd be happy to give that person priority and cancel the listing. Thank you!]

Hi everyone,

Though it hurts my heart a bit to do this, money is tight and I have some bills that need paid by the end of the month so I'm parting ways with my Wico Command Joystick for the Atari 5200.

I've only owned this stick for several months since I got it off of a friend. In that time, however, I've sat down and enjoyed a handful of sessions using the thing and can attest to the fact that it really is the best way to play games on the 5200.

So now for a few details about the actual stick and what's included. Though there was a bit of dust to clean off when I got it, cosmetically the joystick is in good condition and only shows mild wear. Both fire buttons work well and are responsive (do note, however, that the smaller of the two isn't utilized for every game) and the stick itself re-centers very well and feels tight. The two locking triggers on the bottom of the stick (which allow you to unlock the re-centering on either axis) also work well.

**The one downside to this unit are the x and y axis calibrating sliders on the sides--though they do, indeed, work they are a bit stiff. It could be as simple as needing to open the joystick up and reposition them between the top and bottom housing pieces but I hesitate to open this thing up since I would hate to damage anything. Typically what I always do, if ever they get bumped, is test the stick on a game like Centipede where you have free movement in any direction and make sure the player-character isn't stuck moving in one direction. Once you set them, however, they usually stay so though they may get jostled in transit, you shouldn't have to constantly adjust them. Like I said, the functionality is totally there it's just that the sliders themselves--physically--are a bit stiff.

Items included in this purchase are:

-The Wico Command Joystick itself

-Two Y-Cables that daisy-chain between the stick and a traditional 5200 controller (both tested and work great)

-And a one page instruction/warranty sheet that I also have. It's not the actual instruction manual but it's still a little info sheet explaining how the stick works and is just a neat little collectible

I'm looking to get $140 for everything, which includes shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states as well as the goods and services fee on PayPal. And that also reminds me that I use PayPal only for my transactions and will give whoever's interested my email address upon purchase. I'll be sure to ship as quickly as possible--within 24 hours of purchase even--and send the buyer a tracking number via email immediately so they know everything is safe and on its way.

I know that asking price is a bit steep and certainly not a steal but, like I said, money is just tight right now and I'm asking that much because that's essentially the amount I need--I'll still consider offers if high enough but I can't go much lower all things considered. I really respect the Atari Age community, which is also why I've chosen to list this exclusively here since I know it will go to a good home and be cherished as the collectible it is.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them as quickly as possible. I've tried to include a varied selection of photos (sorry they're not the best) but if you have any requests for more just ask and I'll try to take them and post and soon as I can. Thank you guys for looking and hopefully one of you will soon be the next proud owner of this little 5200 gem! :)

P.S.: Sorry they're all rotated--the uploader did that and I don't know how to fix it. Sorry!

post-61371-0-21529100-1507603396_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-27197100-1507603407_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-59250900-1507603417_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-71254200-1507603426_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-12268300-1507603446_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-14250500-1507603462_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-01364300-1507603476_thumb.jpgpost-61371-0-17974800-1507603493_thumb.jpg

Edited by C_Donahue