IGNORED

New Atari Jaguar Games at 2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Albert

Who made Astrostorm? Anyone know anything more about it?

Looks to be an Asteroids or Rebooteroids type game?

This is the one I probably know the least about, but very interested!

AstroStorm was made by Rik at SporadicSoft. More information about the game here:

http://sporadicsoft.co.uk/

SIDE Note: Lllamatron deserves a slick release like that Revenge of the Mutant Camels title. :)

Both Llamatron 2112 and Revenge of the Mutant Camels are on the same cartridge. The box has artwork for Llamatron on one side, and Revenge of the Mutant Camels on the other. The manual is the same way. And the poster! I'll post photos of some of these items when I have some time either today or tomorrow.

..Al

• Like 6

Who made Astrostorm? Anyone know anything more about it?

Looks to be an Asteroids or Rebooteroids type game?

This is the one I probably know the least about, but very interested!

Albert beat me to it :-D

I released a free version on here a year or so ago (as linked above in another thread). EDIT: Here's the original release thread (instead of the development thread).

This new version has had various additions, changes and tweaks to fill it out some more ;-)

Jump over to www.sporadicsoft.co.uk for some more info.

Thanks

Edited by Sporadic
  • Like 7

ls650: I removed the video for AstroStorm as that's an early version that isn't representative at all of the release version. We'll have a new video up for AstroStorm soon. Rik is hard at work recording footage from the game. Also, the video for Escape: 2042 is not the Jaguar version of the game (I assume it's the Dreamcast version), although it appears to be very close to the Jaguar version in appearance. We'll get a proper video of that one online as well before the games hit the store.

..Al

• Like 3

Escape 2042

Oooh! I like that. I can't wait to get that game. That's awesome.

Oddly enough, just going to say it. It has a similar feeling to me as Rygar for the NES... but of course with better graphics, mini-games, and a few other things.

VERY excited for that one!!!

• Like 1

It looks like AtariAge will be doing a number on my wallet this year. I intend to get the Minter cart and Super Cobra (VCS) as soon as they're in the store. Draconian (VCS) also looks good. I've seen the early videos for AstroStorm and I want to see/hear more about the complete game prior to committing.

I've seen the early videos for AstroStorm and I want to see/hear more about the complete game prior to committing.

Rik did a ton of work to the game, the early videos really don't do the final game justice.. He's working on a new video, and I expect he'll have it done soon. :)

..Al

• Like 6