IGNORED

New Atari Jaguar Games at 2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Albert

If they're available for long enough, I'd like to get them all, but the Llamatron/Mutant Camels cart is a definite 2017 self-Christmas gift...

I can't speak for Orion's game, but Jeff Minter Classics will be available via the AA store for as long as Albert is making carts, and I believe that AstroStorm will be the same.

• Like 4

Alright! Put some time into all three and I gotta say they're all worth picking up for the Jaguar. Llamatron & Revenge of the Mutant Camels are (of course) trippy and even if I have no idea what's going on in Revenge with all the power up icons, it's a lot of fun, awesome game select menu as well! AstroStorm is easy to pick up and play, controlling the crosshair is smooth and quick, which makes it fun to blast up rocks! And Escape 2042 controls great, platform jumping is easy and whenever I got blasted I felt it was my fault and not the controls. Also the mini-memory games for hacking / opening doors and disabling energy fields is cools. = ) Great job all around guys, thanks for putting effort into getting more stuff out for the Jaguar!

• Like 5

awesome game select menu as well!

As mentioned, there's an awesome artist who frequents these forums who's responsible for the great and appropriate visual artwork :)

I'm just a lame guy (legit, I was home sick one afternoon) who was given the amazing opportunity by AA and CJ to chuck in every silly rave/techno and Llamasoft sample that I could in a 60 second loop. I hope that'll be the last time I mention it, but after 30 or so years of enjoying Llamasoft games, to even have the opportunity to get involved in the smallest of ways was pretty darn cool.

I'm working on a couple of extended versions of the tune...so it might not be the last time I mention it, haha.

And this in the comments on Kotaku...Imma put it on my resume "As much as I love retro nostalgia, that’s gotta be the shittiest produced product video I’ve ever seen." Best. Praise. Ever.... ;)

Edited by skip
  • Like 7

As mentioned, there's an awesome artist who frequents these forums who's responsible for the great and appropriate visual artwork :)

I'm just a lame guy (legit, I was home sick one afternoon) who was given the amazing opportunity by AA and CJ to chuck in every silly rave/techno and Llamasoft sample that I could in a 60 second loop. I hope that'll be the last time I mention it, but after 30 or so years of enjoying Llamasoft games, to even have the opportunity to get involved in the smallest of ways was pretty darn cool.

I'm working on a couple of extended versions of the tune...so it might not be the last time I mention it, haha.

And this in the comments on Kotaku...Imma put it on my resume "As much as I love retro nostalgia, that’s gotta be the shittiest produced product video I’ve ever seen." Best. Praise. Ever.... ;)

I saw that comment, seems negative for the sake of being negative, as I thought the video was cools. I did like the comment about the game box looking like a really rad pack of cigarettes though. Either way, the whole package is awesome and I definitely like having the quirkiness of Revenge of the Mutant Camels available on the Jag, was my first time ever trying it out.

• Like 5

I've taught structured / planned video editing on and off over the years, and have also done some occasional experimental trippy visual work to go along with my music, so I can run the gamut of what one should do and not do. It was partly illness, partly silliness, part iMovie constraints (rather than using the usual Final Cut Pro or Premiere) and partly reverence to Minter's style (I've played most of his games for a months on end) that contributed to the vid being what it is. I find the salty comment fair praise for it ;)

I'm just happy that the news is being spread. Benefits Al, CJ, AA, and of course Minter & Llamasoft (to quote Jeff "I was amazed and impressed that they managed to port the ST games over and they're welcome to anything they get from selling them...they deserve whatever rewards they get for their efforts in bringing the games to Jag enthusiasts in such a cool way...If I want more money out of Llamatron I'll make a new one") :D

...I hope that last comment is fortuitous... ;)

• Like 3

For those unable to attend the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, we'll be adding all three of these titles to the AtariAge Store in November.

These look gorgeous! I wish they had a game expo like that here in Denver like they do in Portland! When these are on sale how much will they be going for?

I'm guessing November?

• Like 1

Big 1UP to William Thorup for that awesome artwork! I highly recommend AstroStorm for those looking for a good arcade styled shooter!

Now you can have Revenge of the Mutant Camels to go along with Attack of the Mutant Penguins =D

Astrostorm got my attrention but i couldnt find any footrage anywhere.

• Like 1