IGNORED

PSVR 1yr anniversary :)

Iwantgames:)

I was not a Plus member, so I bought a 12 mo membership to get more discounts and bought:

VR Worlds

Tumble VR

Race the Sun

Dexed

Waddle Home

Statik

At least I tried, I've never bought anything on PS store before, so I went through checkout but it seems it works differently than every other online store I've ever used and requires me to add funds from PayPal on checkout . . .

Edit - purchasing on the website failed for everything except the PSPlus membership. I had to purchase the games on the console. Rumor is that it is browser related.

• Like 1

The problem with this is most of the games are downloads. I used to work in the electronics department at Target. It is not easy to sell the vr ar more than the price of the console and say, "There really are more games. You just have to download them." We had five vr games for twenty or thirty dollars a piece. The parents that at least know a little bit were like, "Are they any good? All the new games that come out are $60."

• Like 1

Sad: I have the PSVR, but haven't hooked it up. Only took it out of the box, examined it and put it away.

Sadder: I really would like to play RE7 in VR.

Saddest: I got this through Gamestop in early January. In May, I find out my credit card number had been stolen when they signed me up for apple pay and tried to purchase wire transfers through Western Union. A month or two after that, Gamestop notifies me that their site had a major breach and my credit card info may have been stolen.

I bought mine at release and love it, but don't get to play it as much as i'd like. Family commitments prevent me from blanking out the real world and stepping into VR as much as i'd like. Really enjoy letting people try it though, they're usually impressed with the immersion etc.

The Star Wars Battlefront VR missions alone made it work buying, but I also love the London Heist shooting range etc. I have a heap of unfinished VR games though, Battlzone, Eve valkyrie, Farpoint etc, all need to be played more.

A mate bought one recently which might spark a bit more play, especially Star Trek Bridge Crew VR, he loved that when he tried it so bought his own. It _is_ a great game, shame Ubisoft seel to have abandoned it.

We also don't have that VR sale in Australia that the US currently has, which is a shame, but also saves me from buying more games i won't complete.

The problem with this is most of the games are downloads. I used to work in the electronics department at Target. It is not easy to sell the vr ar more than the price of the console and say, "There really are more games. You just have to download them." We had five vr games for twenty or thirty dollars a piece. The parents that at least know a little bit were like, "Are they any good? All the new games that come out are $60."

You bring up a very valid point. I don't keep up with games like I once used to and it was kind of irritating that the local GameStop didn't have a dedicated PSVR section but as you mentioned, since most of the PSVR stuff tends to be digital downloads, I guess it's not really warranted. I am glad that the PSVR came with a fully loaded demo disc to try out about 6 different things with previews of some of the other games available.

I'm glad I didn't buy DriveClub VR - one of the games I'm sure I would love in VR but as it turns out, I don't like it so much. I feel like I was more distracted with the fact that I can look around than actually drive but maybe it's just the newness of the unit for me.

Thumper VR is easily my favorite right now and while I can appreciate them trying to modernize REZ with use of the VR headset, I just don't feel it anymore and am kind of over the REZ phase. Thumper definitely is refreshing and made me feel like I was playing something from Lawnmower Man! These are the kinds of games that the PSVR feels just right for! That and I actually enjoyed Battlezone quite a bit but if I move the tank one way too fast while moving my head the other way, I feel kind of queasy. I guess mostly because it's going downhill, left at the same time and I'm looking around while actually just sitting still.

Any other must haves/recommendations?

You bring up a very valid point. I don't keep up with games like I once used to and it was kind of irritating that the local GameStop didn't have a dedicated PSVR section but as you mentioned, since most of the PSVR stuff tends to be digital downloads, I guess it's not really warranted. I am glad that the PSVR came with a fully loaded demo disc to try out about 6 different things with previews of some of the other games available.

I'm glad I didn't buy DriveClub VR - one of the games I'm sure I would love in VR but as it turns out, I don't like it so much. I feel like I was more distracted with the fact that I can look around than actually drive but maybe it's just the newness of the unit for me.

Thumper VR is easily my favorite right now and while I can appreciate them trying to modernize REZ with use of the VR headset, I just don't feel it anymore and am kind of over the REZ phase. Thumper definitely is refreshing and made me feel like I was playing something from Lawnmower Man! These are the kinds of games that the PSVR feels just right for! That and I actually enjoyed Battlezone quite a bit but if I move the tank one way too fast while moving my head the other way, I feel kind of queasy. I guess mostly because it's going downhill, left at the same time and I'm looking around while actually just sitting still.

Any other must haves/recommendations?

I wasnt that impressed with drive club either altho i only tried the demo.

I really like: Polybuis, Farpoint, Arizona Sunshine, Archangel, Psychonauts, Robinsons Journey, RE7, Light Tracer and Chess Ultra to name a few. Yes I named a chess game lol but playing chess in hell against death is really awesome :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm not very happy with you guys right now...

;-)

attachicon.gifpsvr1.jpg

attachicon.gifpsvr2.jpg

attachicon.gifpsvr3.jpg

attachicon.gifpsvr4.jpg

attachicon.gifpsvr5.jpg

attachicon.gifpsvr6.jpg

attachicon.gifpsvr7.jpg

$240.74 out the door after tax

Makes me say "Oooh" and "Aaaah" when playing games again. Haven't felt that huge leap in technology in a long time until I bought PSVR 8^)

You got a good deal there.

Crap you guys are making me think this will be my one Xmas present ask from the wife. I saw Doom VR coming out and I was like...oh snap.

One worry of mine is that where I put sensor bars etc for wii is where I would put my VR camera...and I need like 30-35 feet of cable to do that (I route and hide cables). Is there a good extension for the camera cable that would work?

Crap you guys are making me think this will be my one Xmas present ask from the wife. I saw Doom VR coming out and I was like...oh snap.

One worry of mine is that where I put sensor bars etc for wii is where I would put my VR camera...and I need like 30-35 feet of cable to do that (I route and hide cables). Is there a good extension for the camera cable that would work?

Yea there is a extension cable you can get, I have one but only 8ft and I read somewhere you cant use more than 1 extension or it wont work right so idk how you could get 35ft