IGNORED

PSVR 1yr anniversary :)

Iwantgames:)

I'm sure those weird control defaults are to prevent motion sickness. I only played a few VR games, but when I turned on smooth motion in one, I immediately felt ill. I hate the choppy, jumpy controls too, but I now get why they are there.

Funny how individual it is. The "jump" style controls were far more nauseating for me than "smooth".

Will try tonight, I googled and see there is an HDCP feature on the PS4 that disabling has fixed the issue for some folks.

It worked. Turned this off in settings and I now have picture both in the headset and on the screen. NICE.

Apparently I will have to turn it back on if I use Netflix or Amazon video, oh well.

• Like 1

Funny how individual it is. The "jump" style controls were far more nauseating for me than "smooth".

And I would've expectedd that to be the case as well.

I think smooth works great when I am turning my head and the unit is smoothly tracking that. But when I move the camera via joystick smoothly, it creates a sense of motion that doesn't match what my body is feeling. Similar to the "room spinning" sensation when you've had too much to drink, with the same sickness that follows that.. I guess that's the only way I can explain it.