IGNORED

i need a replacement vectrex tranformers

darthbollock

• 1 year later...

Hi! Please recommend replacement for "ELECTRONIC SALES ES-66-073 2T1935" 220V Vectrex transformer. It should be 220 - 8.5x0x8.5, right? And what its current, what to buy? By the way, I can't find anything with 8.5v, only 9v. Are you sure it is good to supply over-voltage to Vectrex?

And what may happened if all three wires of secondary winding shows 0 Ohm?

Edited by m_emelchenkov

Try https://www.ebay.com/itm/280746981090

Wire colours are different. onnect the blue wire to where the red wire was on the power board, and the black wire where the white wire was on the power board.

Thank you! 3A power is fine for Vectrex, right? Also, if you have the same transformer, does it fits into original case? (or, at least, does it have the same distance for screws?)

Upd: unfortunately, this item is USA Shipping Only. I need one in Russia. I will order, probably, from a local factory. Because it is a heavy item so I will need to pay for shipping a lot to deliver from abroad.

Edited by m_emelchenkov

well the main rectifier diodes (1N5624) are rated for 3A. I think that it is a 9V AC X 2 @ 2 Amp transformer.

I never tried with that transformer so it might not be an exact mechanical fit so may need some modification.

Why don't you contact the ebayer to see if they would ship to Russia, seems they deliver everywhere else.

Actually I'm sure you would find an equivalent transformer in Russia.

Edited by VectrexMad!
  • Like 1