IGNORED

1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

MacRorie

I'll be posting a pdf/video on my site and Mytekcontrols plans to mirror it on his on using Microchip's free dl MPLAB software and a 3rd party cloned PICKit3 clone programmer. Should be up in a few days. :)

Finally finished the pdf/video I talked about. There will be a third video on the PIC Adapter being offered by MacRorie. As soon as I get the pcbs in and assembled. :)

In the meantime this should give those folks who intend to DIY the 1088XEL boards a good start on what is needed and how to do it. Mytekcontrols also offers the Joy2PC programmer that will work with the PIC Adapter as well. His newer pcb will combine Joy2PC programmer with builtin single PIC chip programming socket. Both will be Atari joystick controled.

Using PICKit3 Microchip programmer with PIC Adapter to program 1088XEL PICs.pdf

Edited by Dropcheck
  • Like 7

I'll have one of the fully-assembled ones with the H80 case please - "the works" if you will, preferably with a blue board :)

Shipping to San Jose, CA, USA.

Is it still $650, or is that price out of date now ?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon :),

On the Realan H80 case... I am still finalizing some of the special accessory PCB's for such, so currently Marlin does not have all that would be required to build up a finished version based on this style case. Also unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he has even offered to do that, and instead has offered one with a custom 3D printed case. However I certainly can't speak for him on this matter, but I felt it important to at least let you know that not all of the pieces are currently in place to do what you are asking for. It is also a very pricey way to go, hence the offer for a 3D case instead.

- Michael

Hi Simon :),

On the Realan H80 case... I am still finalizing some of the special accessory PCB's for such, so currently Marlin does not have all that would be required to build up a finished version based on this style case. Also unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he has even offered to do that, and instead has offered one with a custom 3D printed case. However I certainly can't speak for him on this matter, but I felt it important to at least let you know that not all of the pieces are currently in place to do what you are asking for. It is also a very pricey way to go, hence the offer for a 3D case instead.

- Michael

Ok, sure, if it's not available, that's fine :)

I was going by the first post where one of the options is "Fully Assembled in a Realan case", but if the commercial case is not an option then I think I'd go for "Fully Assembled" instead. I have a CNC machine and a 3D printer :)

So would I be correct in assuming that was $500 then ?

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

My understanding was all of the prices are estimates until bulk orders come in and stuff can be priced out accurately

That is exactly the case. I am really moving as quickly as I can on this, but GADZOOKS! It broke out of my shop and it has taken over my dining room! I had to buy new storage just to keep track of it all.

post-16779-0-02624800-1510122448_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-61141600-1510122516_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Received the 2 Bare Bboards in yesterday. Thanks Mac :) :thumbsup:

Which Daughter Boards will be included in the FullBOM kit?

My thoughts (and they are just that right now) i that a fully BOM would include all Atari chips, Ult1M, UAV. As I pull things together, it will get sharper. As you can tell from the PILE of stuff on my dining room table, I am still making sure that I got everything I needed from all of the vendors.

• Like 3

Ok, sure, if it's not available, that's fine :)

I was going by the first post where one of the options is "Fully Assembled in a Realan case", but if the commercial case is not an option then I think I'd go for "Fully Assembled" instead. I have a CNC machine and a 3D printer :)

So would I be correct in assuming that was $500 then ?

Cheers

Simon

There is a price estimate for a Realan case on the interest sheet. I just ordered 8 of them (after that number of units, the price per unit actually INCREASEs due to shipping). I am also investigating options of taking empty suitcases to ShangHai and bringing them back that way as the price is ~constant whether you are paying in USD or RMB, but shipping is a almost 50% of the cost. But I cannot cost things out until (as Michael notes) I have all parts in hand and can get constant sources.

Like I said, I will keep people apprised as often as I can. If you do not see an update, feel free to drop me a line.

Also, if you are just purchasing a bareboard, feel free to send payment along and I will ship it out. CHECK POST #1 for updated Interest list

My thoughts (and they are just that right now) i that a fully BOM would include all Atari chips, Ult1M, UAV. As I pull things together, it will get sharper. As you can tell from the PILE of stuff on my dining room table, I am still making sure that I got everything I needed from all of the vendors.

That's cool, I still want the full bom kit, so please keep that on your list besides the already bought 2 bare boards :)

Will you be adding the XEL-CF Compact Flash Adapter Board /Parts also as an option?

Edited by AtariGeezer

That's cool, I still want the full bom kit, so please keep that on your list besides the already bought 2 bare boards :)

Will you be adding the XEL-CF Compact Flash Adapter Board /Parts also as an option?

Yes, I have all parts and PCBs for that option. I will be offering it in all forms and with all options.

• Like 4