IGNORED

1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

MacRorie

If an 1088XEL made an appearance on 8bitGuy's web show it would definitely increase exposure and possibly bring a few more sales. I'd have to agree with Dr. Venkman though, as $300 is a lot of money. 8bitGuy did say the 1088XEL was a cool project on Facebook, so he is already aware of it.

I dunno, do you really think we have a chance of competing with that PE6502 board? It sure has some awesome looking games!

:rolling:

Seriously though, it was a rather nice implementation of a micro Apple1. I especially liked the idea of using the Propeller chip to sub in for the original video terminal chip, although it's too bad that they didn't enable some additional screen addressable aspects. But when the guy on the show soldered in the power connector very crooked I couldn't help cringing every time I saw it.

- Michael

• Like 2

Finally finished the pdf/video I talked about. There will be a third video on the PIC Adapter being offered by MacRorie. As soon as I get the pcbs in and assembled. :)

In the meantime this should give those folks who intend to DIY the 1088XEL boards a good start on what is needed and how to do it. Mytekcontrols also offers the Joy2PC programmer that will work with the PIC Adapter as well. His newer pcb will combine Joy2PC programmer with builtin single PIC chip programming socket. Both will be Atari joystick controled.

Just wanted to update this post. I've finished the third video on the PIC adapter itself. So I updated the pdf file with the link to the final Youtube video.

Also wanted to show a pic of what the final XEL Multi-AUX SIO and PIC Adapter boards would look like once completely assembled.

DSC_2581.jpg

DSC_2583.jpg

Let MacRorie know if you want one of these. I think he is going to offer both assembled and bare board options.

Using PICKit3 Microchip programmer with PIC Adapter to program 1088XEL PICs.pdf

• Like 2

Just wanted to update this post. I've finished the third video on the PIC adapter itself. So I updated the pdf file with the link to the final Youtube video.

Also wanted to show a pic of what the final XEL Multi-AUX SIO and PIC Adapter boards would look like once completely assembled.

Let MacRorie know if you want one of these. I think he is going to offer both assembled and bare board options.

Indeed I am! Everything will be finished by the end of the week (or I will ;-) )

Hi MacRorie -

Just wondered if you've had the chance to finalize the price list (especially for the BOM + chips/daughterboards option). Thanks!

Close. Very very close. My spreadsheet is VERY populated with a lot of data. I HAVE to get it out before thanksgiving so stay tuned!

• Like 2

Close. Very very close. My spreadsheet is VERY populated with a lot of data. I HAVE to get it out before thanksgiving so stay tuned!

PRICES for BOM and options will be up tonight. I need to go home and verify one or two things, but I guarantee that it will be up before I go to bed tonight.

• Like 5

post-16779-0-16142000-1511401537_thumb.png

I have updated the first post with interest and pricing options. Here it is in a picture format. Feel free to ask questions. I am happy to answer anything. PLEASE read everything (including the updates I have posted on the first post in this thread) as I have tried to pre-empt as many questions as possible.

Thanks! I hope you like it. I would REALLY like to get piles of parts out of my house. Thanks

FOLKS: If you are enjoying living in California (and, well, even if you are not *enjoying* it, but are living here nonetheless) . .. you MUST include 8% sales tax ON everything except shipping.

1088xel_bom_v1_1_11-20-2017.pdf

1088XEL Pricing List 22 Nov 17b.pdf

Edited by MacRorie
  • Like 1

Hi Mac, can you explain exactly what the 'Minus DTR' and 'Minus Atari' options are? Is the Atari just the Atari chips I can get out of a 600XL? What are the DTR's? Thanks

Sure!

MINUS DTR: The "DTR Boards" are the three daughterboards in the system: Ultimate 1MB upgrade by Lotharek, UAV by Bryan, and the SIO2PC/FTDI Board. Those are available from three different vendors (Bryan is an AtariAge user).

MINUS ATARI: The SIX Atari Chips are the GTIA, ANTIC, PIA, 6502, & TWO Pokeys. You can get most of those from a donor Atari or you can purchase them from Best or B & C. Best recently changed his limits so you can order 2 Pokeys on one order, but he was thinking of changing it back to one Pokey per order.

• Like 1

Mac there appears to be something wrong with the file: 1088XEL Pricing List.pdf that you uploaded. Every time I try to download it I get the following message: "You do not have permission to view this attachment."

I also noticed that there have been zero downloads of that particular file, which suggest that I am not the only one experiencing this ;) .

- Michael

Mac there appears to be something wrong with the file: 1088XEL Pricing List.pdf that you uploaded. Every time I try to download it I get the following message: "You do not have permission to view this attachment."

I also noticed that there have been zero downloads of that particular file, which suggest that I am not the only one experiencing this ;) .

- Michael

File is available in his first post.

• Like 1

- Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the head's up. I have fixed it in the post that you referenced.

• Like 1

Hey MacRorie

Was just about to pop $615 into PayPal when I saw the "contact me first for international orders". I'm not sure where you're mailing from, but I'm in San Jose, CA, USA. Can you confirm the postage costs ?

Gaaah. And then I realized there's a "Location" under your sidebar image. Never mind, payment on its way...

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

Hey MacRorie

Was just about to pop $615 into PayPal when I saw the "contact me first for international orders". I'm not sure where you're mailing from, but I'm in San Jose, CA, USA. Can you confirm the postage costs ?

Gaaah. And then I realized there's a "Location" under your sidebar image. Never mind, payment on its way...

Cheers

Simon

No worries. Email coming your way.

Hi Mac -

Today all of America is generally devoted to ritual gluttony, sloth and beer consumption, but tomorrow's payday - I should be PayPal'ing funds for full BOM + shipping (BOM + ATARI chips + DTR boards - minus 1088XEL boards(s) already purchased so no new one needed). Just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

• Like 3