IGNORED

Parsec - Coming soon for Intellivision and Intellivoice.

BBWW

I think the video was made with a TI99/4A.

Yes that was the TI version Rev posted. Look for at least a GIF soon if not a video.

I particularly like the fact that you're converting a game from one early 16-bit system to another early 16-bit system, both released in an era where most 8-bit systems seemed superior to them. Now technically I suppose the TMS9900 and CP1610 don't really have that much in common other than bitness but the principle is attractive.

I think the games translates well to Intellivision. It was one of my thoughts to do a port from the early 16 bit computers and for me Parsec was a favorite.

• Like 3

This looks like it will do well on the Intellivision. Space Patrol has a pretty sophisticated scrolling mechanism -- so Parsec looks like it should be a breeze! Since Intellivision has pretty good hardware scrolling support, this will translate really well. Hope the voices will translate well. Is there a way to negotiate using the originals -- if that's even possible -- or will new recordings be made? Ideally, they will be "real" voices instead built from the built-in set of phonemes.

• Like 1

Hope the voices will translate well. Is there a way to negotiate using the originals -- if that's even possible -- or will new recordings be made? Ideally, they will be "real" voices instead built from the built-in set of phonemes.

Some serious help has been offered here from our community, audio chips are very different beasts from TI to Intellivision...more will be revealed Saturday with the lastest build for Demo at PRGE.

• Like 1

I have been pushing for Parsec on the Intellivision for a LONG Time.

Will this have the LIFT settings so it is possible to navigate the 3rd tunnel?

Also, it is rumored that a 4th wave exists in the cart, but wasn't activated. Will you have an option to play the 4th wave?

Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Played the demo at PRGE last year, not sure how complete it was,

even on the TI99 I never got past the first few levels so I wasn't any better on the Intellivision version,

it looked good though, pretty faithful to the original as far as I could tell.

• Like 1