IGNORED

Baby v1.0

Robsome

STORY

In the not so distant future aliens attack a game development studio and now there's a war between the Game Devs and the Aliens. The gun fighting leaves the two sides in a constant stalemate. You play as Baby, the studio's dog, and you have the only ability that gives the humans the edge: Baby's cuteness. These aliens are completely averse to extreme levels of cuteness.

GAMEPLAY

Avoid bullets from both sides

Avoid the coat hanger of death

Touch the human to get pet (this gives you bonus points)

You move with the joystick

Holding the fire button or switching your system to black and white mode will pase the game. Releasing the fire button or switching back to color mode will unpause the game.

Available at:

https://robsomestudios.itch.io/baby

Edited by Robsome

Both the occasional 'crash' and high pitched sounds from bullets also happen on real hardware too (via Harmony).

TBH, although I may be a bit biased when I say this, it is still true: z26 is extremely out of date, and Stella is now (mostly) the most accurate 2600 emulator available. If you see something 'working' in other emulators and not in Stella, I would suggest to check your ROM on real hardware too. Not that Stella is infallible (and by all means, if you see something strange happening you should report it), but in many cases if your ROM isn't working, it's because of the ROM, not Stella.

• Like 3

The 'crashing' is also happening with MESS, 6502.ts and Javatari.

In Stella, turn on scanline counting (Alt-L) and note the scanlines are 262 (which is normal for NTSC). When the crash happens, the count jumps to anywhere from 292 - 310 scanlines, which is outside the allowable range for an NTSC ROM. Now as for what's causing it, I leave to someone else to investigate.

Both the occasional 'crash' and high pitched sounds from bullets also happen on real hardware too (via Harmony).

TBH, although I may be a bit biased when I say this, it is still true: z26 is extremely out of date, and Stella is now (mostly) the most accurate 2600 emulator available. If you see something 'working' in other emulators and not in Stella, I would suggest to check your ROM on real hardware too. Not that Stella is infallible (and by all means, if you see something strange happening you should report it), but in many cases if your ROM isn't working, it's because of the ROM, not Stella.

I thought I read somewhere that z26 was still more accurate to real hardware than Stella despite no linger being supported. I guess that's out of date as well. I need to find out what's up with ther high pitch squeal though and the crashing. I'd loove to test it on actual hardware, I just have no easy means of putting it on a cart. Thank you for telling me.

I thought I read somewhere that z26 was still more accurate to real hardware than Stella despite no linger being supported. I guess that's out of date as well. I need to find out what's up with ther high pitch squeal though and the crashing. I'd loove to test it on actual hardware, I just have no easy means of putting it on a cart. Thank you for telling me.

Well, it was true years ago, but IMO hasn't been for some time. Around Stella 3.8 - 4.0 it basically reached parity with z26. As of 5.0, the TIA emulation is completely re-written and is more accurate than any other emulator (barring 6502.ts, of course, which is where the TIA core came from).

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...