IGNORED

NYD 2018

pps

I had some time to play through the new maps for HDM. Some are really good :) but the others seem no to be properly tested. There is too much use of "reinforcements" that make some levels unwinnable until second play, when you know where the new enemies will appear. The reason for it is not their additional strength but placement usually in the corners of the map. I had often such leftovers too far to catch before turn limit ends, especially when they were running away from my much stronger force to the side of the map. Not fun.

Also not all the levels were probably tested on Atari because the texts are too long (more than 512 bytes mentioned in http://atariage.com/forums/topic/162372-his-dark-majesty/?p=2145513) which cause "text overflow" error and even prevent finishing the last level :_(

post-22831-0-00184200-1515058847.png

Some maps were way too big with too much of "empty moving" of units for my taste.

Anyway, great initiative and I'm waiting for fixed version to play it again :)

Edited by ilmenit
  • Like 2

I had some time to play through the new maps for HDM. Some are really good :) but the others seem no to be properly tested. There is too much use of "reinforcements" that make some levels unwinnable until second play, when you know where the new enemies will appear. The reason for it is not their additional strength but placement usually in the corners of the map. I had often such leftovers too far to catch before turn limit ends, especially when they were running away from my much stronger force to the side of the map. Not fun.

Also not all the levels were probably tested on Atari because the texts are too long (more than 512 bytes mentioned in http://atariage.com/forums/topic/162372-his-dark-majesty/?p=2145513) which cause "text overflow" error and even prevent finishing the last level :_(

attachicon.gifbug.png

Some maps were way too big with too much of "empty moving" of units for my taste.

Anyway, great initiative and I'm waiting for fixed version to play it again :)

When you read my "HDM Quest II" article in Pro© Magazine you will see that this is my take on using the features in a different way. I Intentionally made use of the reinforcements: the idea is to try out different plans and to figure out things over a few goes on each level. Again the moving is also intentional to give a sense of movement/adventure. So unlike your original where the player was often tight on moves my version is slightly more straregic ;)

Damn it! I thought i'd corrected the text... seems I screwed up somewhere - the last level and text are not as I remembered :twisted:

Here is an untested fixed version: HDM2 v1.1.atr

if anyone has stared a campaign just copy the file "L" using DOS to this new disk ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just released the source code of nyd 2018 info at github: https://github.com/ppsberlin/nyd2018info

That reminds me, there's GitHubisness for DYCP 2018 and Blok Copy if anyone wants to go prodding around...

Thank you all for your contributions with released source code. Interesting stuff there...