IGNORED

Which system had the better Library 3DO or Sega Saturn? (No imports)

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which has the better library (No imports)

• 3DO
    • Sega Saturn

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Uh no I'm not heavily invested in the 3DO I have a Saturn. You seem to be forgetting the actual hype of these two consoles in the context of the 90's. Despite selling around double in the u s. I could ask 500 people in the street about the Saturn and 3DO and get more that heard of the 3DO. It was the enthiusist luxury machine with the fun games. The Saturn was seen as a lesser PlayStation.

butbutpite how I worded that I have more Saturn games then 3DO games and I also like fighting games quite a bit. It just seems people get upset when you look back at the time frame and the 3DO just had a more positive mindshare than the Saturn despite less people having it.

Your username is interesting.

No Neogeo was a large unknown in NA 3DO was the luxury system people yspped about and went to a friend's house to play. Because people actually had 3DOs in their house.

Neo Geo was a 3 year old 2D machine by that point. The 3DO had massive over hype with it's add on and 3D graphics and BETTER 2D capabilities.

The Neo Geo was a big red monolith in every arcade, pizza joint, movie theater, etc.. Across the country. More folks had more encounters with the Neo Geo throughout their daily life than any had with the 3DO. Try again.

93% of the people who took your own poll think the Saturn had the better library. Also, what the hell is "yspped" and "butbutpite"? :?

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 3

Your post has nothing to do with your Neo Geo claim.

Also no more people had a 3DO in their house, 3DO had also 5x the advertising.

Not many arcades had neogeo games in the u.s. And for those that did they likely saw the splash screen and didn't associate it with anything

Edited by JaguarVision

I could ask 500 people in the street about the Saturn and 3DO and get more that heard of the 3DO.

That's like saying "I could ask 500 people in the street about Pepsi and RC and get more that heard of RC." You're talking about the #2 console from one of the biggest brands in gaming vs. what amounts to an also-ran from a company that didn't exist before it and faded into obscurity after it.

I'm not using hype at all, old or modern. I bought and owned both systems from new. I acquired 3DO 1st and was amazed, but it was short lived. The few titles I liked, I still like. Few were available and Saturn had so much more at most stores. I bought Saturn at the 199.99 special for the 2nd model and still playing it. Just from the US library alone, I found almost 10x more titles that I enjoyed and for much less $. Both systems can be considered failures and arguing which lost worst is a failing itself.

Of note, I polled my employees in Atlanta and not one of them remembered or had either system. They do remember N64 and PSX.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

Your post has nothing to do with your Neo Geo claim.

Also no more people had a 3DO in their house, 3DO had also 5x the advertising.

Not many arcades had neogeo games in the u.s. And for those that did they likely saw the splash screen and didn't associate it with anything

Did you grow up in an alternate universe or something? The Neo Geo was everywhere, bowling alleys, restaurants, laundromats, arcades. Samurai Shodown 1 was ported to every console under the sun, including your beloved 3DO.

Also, what gated community did you grow up in? Nobody (and when I say nobody I mean the vast majority of the population) was going over to a friend's house to try the 3DO in 93. Nobody I knew in school had one, we were all playing stuff like Genesis X-Men, Sonic 2, Secret of Mana or F-Zero at friends' houses.

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 1

You're grasping for straws. I never said 93 I said in general. Also while Neo Geo was found in arcade even then your over exaggerating.

During the 3DO's relevance if 93-97. It was the talk of the Town. You went to your friends house to play it, you saw it in magazines and commercials, its games were praised, and everyone wanted one.

No one was going to someone's house to play a neogeo in comparison, it did not have the mind share, it did not have the hype. I don't care how many arcades that had neogeo games, which were not that many, that you anecdotally saw the average arcade player wasn't saying in their head " I wish I can by a neogeo" they just went back to the arcade.

The 3DO had more software and at minimum around 4x the sales in the home market which had gotten much more attention than the arcade in the U.S. especially by that point. Like what even?

You're grasping for straws.

:lol:

You're one to talk.

Which has the better library (No imports)

• 3DO (3 votes [6.98%])[/size]

• bullet_star_rated.png Sega Saturn[/size] [/size](40 votes [93.02%])[/size]

Please tell us about Need for Speed again. They way you keep bringing it up makes me think it's the ONLY game for the 3DO. :P

I know you're just trolling at this point. "The talk of the town" "everybody wanted one". Hilarious. :lol:

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 1

Uh the nfs was brought up in reference to whether the Jaguar could run it. No other time. It seems more like your lanicking and decided to detail a thread using your long member status.

Kind of shitty.

More like this is a pointless discussion and we’re just having some fun despite the fact.

• Like 2

You're grasping for straws. I never said 93 I said in general. Also while Neo Geo was found in arcade even then your over exaggerating.

During the 3DO's relevance if 93-97. It was the talk of the Town. You went to your friends house to play it, you saw it in magazines and commercials, its games were praised, and everyone wanted one.

Who is exaggerating?

3DO relevance was maybe from 93-95, given in Sept 95 the PS[1] launched and it was a landslide very early on ... but hey to each his own (to be fair the Saturn was available in May of 95 and 200K units sold out in 1 day thanks to VF [and boy it was bad] but let's not bring facts here)

• Like 2

This is entertaining. "Talk of the the town?" During the "relevant" period '93-97?

3DO ceased to be relevant by 1995; as soon as the Saturn and PSX were released. Even the '95 price drop to $199 couldn't help the 3DO. The console ceased production in late '96 and the 3DO Company itself had ceased support for the system and pivoted to cross platform development. By 1997 only the big three Saturn, PSX and N64 mattered.

• Like 2

Who is exaggerating?

3DO relevance was maybe from 93-95, given in Sept 95 the PS[1] launched and it was a landslide very early on ... but hey to each his own (to be fair the Saturn was available in May of 95 and 200K units sold out in 1 day thanks to VF [and boy it was bad] but let's not bring facts here)

The 3DO was well on it's way out of stores by the end of 95. Retailers simply couldn't afford it taking up floor space with all the different hardware that was available.

• Like 1

To be fair, when the 3DO was relevant (up until the release of the Jag or the early videos/reviews of the Jap stuff related to PS[1]/Saturn, take your pick) it was showcased as a might to behold on the various gaming magazines .... but wrt the OP poll .... not a chance, the Saturn has a better library.

[the artificial no imports is also arbitrary imho as back in 96 at least there was no issue finding imports or "do the swap"-trick in order to play "backups" hence they were available quite readily]

• Like 2

Magazines were still pressing the 3DO till 97. The hype from the price drops, while completely artificial, where there.

I also see some trolls trying to fuse two different conversation together. The posts regarding 3DO hype was compared to the neo geo not the saturn.

Now this is a subjective poll as much as some on hear want to deny