IGNORED

TI99/4A ROMS High Byte and Low Byte

repetto74

Hi,

I have successfully managed to found what was wrong on a faulty TI99/4a. One of the two console ROM is bad and need to be replaced. I do have already a spare eprom to be programmed (2532) but can someone point me out to which ROM is the High Byte and which one is the Low Byte? The faulty rom is located left side from the two scratchpad rams and dame orientation. :? :)

Thanks

Rick

Hi Classic GMR

Thanks :-). I have tested the ROMS coming from the working TI99 and swapped them to the faulty board and magic the TI99/4a will boot up ! :-) So it is just a matter of programming a 2532 eprom with the ROM code and I am good to go.

Anyway I did find that the ROM position is the U611 and I do have the BIN file for it. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent! I'm glad you figured out which ROM was which. You probably could have taken the good one and compared the contents to each of the two half files in a hex editor and that would have told you which half was good (High or Low byte)--and by default identify the bad ROM as the High or Low byte.

• 3 months later...

So finally a fixed TI99/4A :-D. Burned the TMS-2532A and installed it into the TI99 + pull-up resistor between pin 21 and 24 for the CS enabled.

All is working good now !

ciao can you send me the bin file? or where to download it? thank you and well done!

Hi Combat Commando,

You have a PM :-). Refer to the TI99/4A schematic to find out the ROM positions on the board. As far as I remember the U611 I changed is the one perpendicular to the TMS9900 CPU. I have sent both image files of U610 and U611 as they are different (Low byte ROM and High byte ROM). Good luck ! :thumbsup: