IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

adamaniac987, if you were to open it up, all the way down to removing the main board from the RF shielding, you would find the knob you need to ever so gently turn to adjust the color saturation.

I have a heavy sixer I mentioned earlier in this thread I needed to do that to: it was going more on the gray and purple end of things, while yours seems to be more on the red.

...oh, and yes, I DID do the testing and color changes while it was completely uncased, with a few random carts in. Best way I can think of, right?

Still havn't gotten the static out of it (I think it is due to the corrosion) and I really wonder WHY it was checked in 1980, but eh... maybe I will make a thread about it.

I wish I could take it apart and fix the color problem, but I wouldn't risk damaging or breaking my atari. It seems that the top left casing above the switches is loose, and the colors change whenever pressed on. Maybe it could be connected to or the origin of the problem...?

Taking conversation to PM to keep from flooding the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lucked into a $20 Sears Heavy Sixer (with no channel select) in pretty nice condition, but there's some damage to the label, so I don't have the serial. It looks like the unit may have been in a cardboard box which got wet, adhering some of the cardboard to the label, so there's a chance I'll be able to remove that layer and read it. It works great, though, and the price was right so no complaints.

Hi

My name is Sean . I have been off for along time and have not been up here for almost two years.

Anyways I want to post my heavy Sixers which one of them is very old.

My First Heavy Sixer has the Serial Number of 57020 E

My other Heavy Sixer has the Serial Number of 74678 G

Anyways you can ADD them the the List if you want too.

Thanks Your old Friend Sean

Hi

My name is Sean . I have been off for along time and have not been up here for almost two years.

No sense in posting them since the list never gets updated anyway.

Seems like the thread acts like the list now.

What would be nice is a php form where one could select the model of the console, the origin, and post said serial, with pictures, maybe, as a form of master database. That would be cool.

Hi

I am the owner of this unit in the Private Collection/ Sean

I also own very RARE CX-10 Joysticks that work Perfect and many other things.

Atari Units

#57020E 1 STICKER ATARI FOUND ON EBAY 11/20/09 PRIVATE COLLECTION

Hi

I only Listed this Machine because if you look at the List mine would be the second oldest machine on the List

57020 E is older than any of the machines listed. Except the first one that seems to have just numbers

and Atari used the Letter E after the serial numbers on the First CX-2600 machines. I have always wonder about

that first number on the list. I was very young but I know at some point my father was doing work for Atari.

I saw him bring his work home,and even in the early 1980's when I was 11 years of age in 1980, and I saw

my dad bringing his work home. I not sure if he worked for Atari directly or a sub contractor that did work

for them. All I know is since 1974 I seem to grow up around Atari,and before that my father worked for Texas

instruments and Raytheon Corp. They work on Proto type Chips and transistors. My father started working

for Raytheon in the 1950's when transistors were pretty new.

Anyways I saw the Second one on the List start with a 59 Serial number where mine starts with a 57.

I thought they were keeping an updated list from the Thread title. Sorry if I messed anything up.

Sean

No sense in posting them since the list never gets updated anyway.

@Sean39: Can you post a picture of the sticker showing your serial number (57020E) on your heavy sixer? Also, nice name by the way. Mine is also Sean :)

Sure I get a Picture up of the Serial number on my unit.

Sean