IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Just got my first Heavy Sixer in the wild for $20.00! I have yet to try it as it did not come with an AC Adapter but it appears to be in okay condition and I'm confident it will work once I get my hands on a cheap power supply!

Serial #: 98401E (Has no Channel Select switch!)

$20.00? That is a great score and congrats.

$20.00? That is a great score and congrats.

Thanks! At first I thought it was a bit steep considering that it came with literally nothing but the attached RF wire. But after looking up more info on it I can see now that it was well worth the investment! :) Now if only I can remember what happened to my spare Atari 2600 AC adapter... I really want to test this thing out! :D

• 1 month later...

Just bought a Heavy Sixer today, and joined the site!

The system was extremely dirty, but no dents, few scratches, etc. Cleaned her up, and she looks much better! Came with 2 first year joysticks, one does not work, and a set of Tennis paddle controllers. a few games as well. Each game came with its respective manual, and came with the 1978 and 1979 game shopping guides! Also the original AC adapter, User Manual and registration card came with it. All for $20

The RF cable was shot, so I simply unplugged it and put in the one I used for my 7800 :P. Works beautifully now. The Sixers really seem to have superior image quality, the color seems much richer. The board was really clean surprisingly.

Seems completely original, appears to have never been opened before I did.

-Serial # is 005750

-Mfg in Sunnyvale

-No hole for Channel Switch

-Beveled switch edges

-Trademark logo is slightly above the I in "Atari" on front

If there is additional information, or photos you need for the list, feel free to ask!

Live long and prosper

post-40496-0-04450700-1412909609_thumb.jpg

post-40496-0-41233300-1412909647_thumb.jpg

post-40496-0-55971300-1412909691_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Just bought a Heavy Sixer today, and joined the site!

The system was extremely dirty, but no dents, few scratches, etc. Cleaned her up, and she looks much better! Came with 2 first year joysticks, one does not work, and a set of Tennis paddle controllers. a few games as well. Each game came with its respective manual, and came with the 1978 and 1979 game shopping guides! Also the original AC adapter, User Manual and registration card came with it. All for $20

The RF cable was shot, so I simply unplugged it and put in the one I used for my 7800 :P. Works beautifully now. The Sixers really seem to have superior image quality, the color seems much richer. The board was really clean surprisingly.

Seems completely original, appears to have never been opened before I did.

-Serial # is 005750

-Mfg in Sunnyvale

-No hole for Channel Switch

-Beveled switch edges

-Trademark logo is slightly above the I in "Atari" on front

If there is additional information, or photos you need for the list, feel free to ask!

Live long and prosper

Nice find. Welcome to AA.

One question: Does your H6er have two serial# stickers, one applied right over the other? I suspect it does, but it's hard to tell in the photo.

*EDIT: BTW, if it does have two stickers, do not attempt to peel the top one off.

Edited by Christophero Sly

Hey guys, I picked up yet ANOTHER Working Heavy Sixer! ;) But this time, it came with some extra goodies! :grin: The first, was a Tele-Games Game Center storage system! it's pretty worn, but it serves its purpose well. It also came with about 20 games, a large variety of controllers, and the original grey A/C Adapter! As for the condition of the system itself, it's far better then the previous one that I had, almost perfect in fact! :grin: Now for the best part, all of this was only $30.00! :-o Anyway, now it's finally time for the one part of this post that's related to the topic!

The serial number: 41894L

(No Channel Select Switch)

One question: Does your H6er have two serial# stickers, one applied right over the other? I suspect it does, but it's hard to tell in the photo.

*EDIT: BTW, if it does have two stickers, do not attempt to peel the top one off.

No, it has only the original sticker.

I have posted more details in the other Serial Numbers post. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/186498-the-official-atari-2600-heavy-6-switch-list/page-6

Actually, upon further inspection, it does have another sticker underneath. Does this mean its not a true Heavy Sixer?

I cant seem to find much information on these double white stickers.

Edited by Zyrother

Hey guys, I picked up yet ANOTHER Working Heavy Sixer! ;) But this time, it came with some extra goodies! :grin: The first, was a Tele-Games Game Center storage system! it's pretty worn, but it serves its purpose well. It also came with about 20 games, a large variety of controllers, and the original grey A/C Adapter! As for the condition of the system itself, it's far better then the previous one that I had, almost perfect in fact! :grin: Now for the best part, all of this was only $30.00! :-o Anyway, now it's finally time for the one part of this post that's related to the topic!

The serial number: 41894L

(No Channel Select Switch)

That Game Center thing is pretty cool man! Did not know Sears made their own versions.

Here is my Heavy Sixer. This one is a rare breed. The serial number is T 0041719 manufactured in Taiwan and has the Channel Select switch. The manufacture date is July 27, 1978. That has to be one of the last Heavy Sixers built before Light Sixers were being manufactured.attachicon.gif20141012_221824.jpgattachicon.gif20141012_221904.jpgattachicon.gif20141012_221848.jpg

Looks awesome man! It looks like it has the speaker holes still. It might be an earlier model than you think. And judging by the second picture with the Channel Switch hole, the board appears to be green. That is a definite indicator of a very early model.

Question if you dont mind, how did you determine the date? By the date code on the RF Modulator?

Edited by Zyrother

Thanks!!! It was determined by the piece of paper with the stamped date on the RF shielding.

Looks awesome man! It looks like it has the speaker holes still. It might be an earlier model than you think. And judging by the second picture with the Channel Switch hole, the board appears to be green. That is a definite indicator of a very early model.

Question if you dont mind, how did you determine the date? By the date code on the RF Modulator?

Actually, upon further inspection, it does have another sticker underneath. Does this mean its not a true Heavy Sixer?

I cant seem to find much information on these double white stickers.

It's a true H6'er, no doubt, no worries. There has been plenty of speculation, but the reason why these units (I have one myself) carry two stickers and have no letter suffix in their serial #'s remains a mystery.

It's always nice to see another one show up though.

It's a true H6'er, no doubt, no worries. There has been plenty of speculation, but the reason why these units (I have one myself) carry two stickers and have no letter suffix in their serial #'s remains a mystery.

It's always nice to see another one show up though.

Cool. Thanks for the assurance!

I have read that units with a silver sticker a top a white one are most likely refurbished units. But other people say its for units that were in production right when Atari switched production to over sea facilities. The bodies were built in Sunnyvale, but the guts and final assembly done in either Hong Kong or Taiwan. But no one has even the slightest clue on the double whites.

Atari really made it quite a mystery. Would give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money. :P

Although it surprises me that no former Atari tech has come forward and offered some information.

Why is your cord zip tied? Did you just get this or are you prepping to sell it?

It's been in storage for a long time. I have two Atari 2600s. A heavy and a light. I'm planning to sell the heavy sixer and keep the light sixer to play. I cleaned the console and controllers up and zip tied them, and am getting ready to sell this.

• 1 month later...

S.N 20760F

model no. CX-2600

by ATARI inc

Hi my name is Eyad im a collector from the Kingdom of Bahrain , i bought my Atari 2600 off ebay about a year ago I had no idea it was a heavy sixer

Welcome to AtariAge Eyad! Having an H-6er is great! You get a nice, warm signal, and it just feels "original".

I have spent about a month in Bahrain. Beautiful country!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...