IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

• 3 weeks later...

Heavy Sixer purchased at a Thrift Store in Waterford, MI February of last year. 1 original joystick, original paddle controllers and original grey PS

Worked when I bought it, broke the ribbon cable while removing spider eggs from inside of the shell.

Serial # 88808H

i.imgur.com/hQMuLCe.jpg

Edited by wiseguyusa

• 3 weeks later...

Sears Sunnyvale found in a house clearance in Tennessee last month. Buyer's name, or is it the word 'SOLD', and date 1/20/79 written on the side of the box.That may link this serial to a rough production date? Doubt this was ever even switched on, it looks fabulous! It's going to go on show in a glass display case as the pride of my collection. More pics available on request.

Serial # 29241V

post-42728-0-52400900-1460206236_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-80237000-1460206237_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-05071800-1460206239_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-13181000-1460206240_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-20633100-1460206241_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-46390700-1460206242_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-45863000-1460206243_thumb.jpg

post-42728-0-60027300-1460206244_thumb.jpg

Edited by RK2600
  • Like 2

Oooops, seems I've jumped the gun here. My Sears is a light sixer, not a heavy. The joysticks are definitely CX-10s though, i'll look at the paddle pots later. Could a mod pls delete my post above and then this one, I can't see an edit or delete option anywhere, cheers!

• 1 month later...

ok, i have 2, details below.

1) ntsc atari heavy sixer sunnyvale

s/n 71635L

has chan select hole / markings

doesn't have channel select switch

works perfectly but sadly new tv only displays it in b&w so about to get it a/v modded.

condition: a little worn, colour loss on the orange bezel from wear.

2) cherry leisure pal atari heavy sixer sunnyvale

s/n 79694

has chan select hole / markings

doesn't have channel select switch

works perfectly even on a modern tv, no ghosting

condition: as beautiful as the day it was unboxed, cosmetically perfect, original psu has been refurbished to replace the lead, 2x cx-10's one like the system is perfect, the other is sadly well used with much wear to the orange and the plastic boot holder missing, has all papwerwork but paddles were replaced with a later set (still official).

sadly no boxes, i had to move house years back and threw away all my boxes to save space :(

edit: as i used to work demonstrating these when ingersol took over i had to use their version but always preferred to use my own cx-10 as it was what i was used to but at the time i got my pal unit i was still playing on my channel f so it didn't get much use until the light sixers came along, my light sixer is heavily used.

Edited by billysastard

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Atari-made Sunnyvale H6er:

SN: 11878H

No channel-select switch on the inside and no hole in the case. I'd have to open it up again to get pics of the date codes, though.

It's newly refurbished and in mint condition. Freaking thing was expensive.

Edited by Rhindle the Dragon

Hey congrats on your mint H6 i cant seem to upload photos on here i may need to be on a desktop computer to do it. Yours was made after mine it goes by the last letter in the serial #.mine is stamped on the motherboard 10/12 with a white 1977 separate so i will say yours could be November but most likely it was made in very late 77 not 78. I paid 50 bucks got a complete set up 3 joysticks paddles 12 games and a power adaptor (not the grey one) it should have had. good luck on it again congrats!

• Like 2

Hey congrats on your mint H6 i cant seem to upload photos on here i may need to be on a desktop computer to do it. Yours was made after mine it goes by the last letter in the serial #.mine is stamped on the motherboard 10/12 with a white 1977 separate so i will say yours could be November but most likely it was made in very late 77 not 78. I paid 50 bucks got a complete set up 3 joysticks paddles 12 games and a power adaptor (not the grey one) it should have had. good luck on it again congrats!

Congrats? Congrats on yours! 50 bucks?!? A steal!

A good H6er can go for anywhere between 150 and 350 on eBay. I got mine for 300... It came with two joysticks, a set of paddles, a power supply, and ten games; a couple of which I already had duplicates of.

Maybe I paid too much, but it's too late now. I bought it to replace a falling-apart Sears light-sixer I got at the Reuseum for $5. I had collected a decent library of games over the last five years.

But it does make a beautiful centerpiece to any living room, and is a great conversation starter. That is... if the person you're talking to knows their stuff (Har har).

post-48576-0-06475200-1479087042_thumb.jpgpost-48576-0-37920900-1479087082_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rhindle the Dragon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a few Atari systems. Right now I'm doing a tear down on what I believe is a Sunnyvale heavy six.

Serial number - 34555j

There is a piece of paper taped to the shield on the inside. It is type written and says 99 36200044. #

There id's another piece of paper on the motherboard itself, that is also type written it says 99 13000123. #

The motherboard itself has copyright 1977 right under the cartridge slot near the ribbon cable. And on the bottom it says it's revision 8

I should also add that I purchased this from the original owner who got it for Christmas in 1977.

post-49244-0-71433400-1482168136_thumb.jpgpost-49244-0-07572100-1482168169_thumb.jpgpost-49244-0-00049000-1482168206_thumb.jpgpost-49244-0-83179800-1482169159_thumb.jpgpost-49244-0-16490000-1482169223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psychob0b1977
  • Like 1

Hi looks good I recommend a new or better RF wire I see rust where it hooks to the modulator I had a better 10 foot factory wire from a 4 switch that I put on my heavy 6er.As I stated mine is a "G" code October 77 the motherboard on mine is a different green more of an army green.I have some videos on YouTube on my H6er you can check out search Crazymoon67 on YouTube there are a bunch of misc Atari videos that I have made not sure if I'm going to be adding more to the page but I'm sure there is something on my page you will find interesting so check it out.

Edited by Crazymoon67

Thanks, I'll check it out.

The rf cable on this one is actually in great shape, I'm not sure what that is, but it's not rust. This system has the best picture of all my Atari systems.

I paid $50 for mine and it came with 4 joysticks, 2 cx10s and 2 cx40s. It came with the original grey power supply, but it stopped working... It came with at least 30 games, many of them still in the box.

The guy I bought it off of had gotten it for Christmas in 1977 and taken very good care of it. He said that he thought there was no way he was going to get one that year because they were very expensive and his father had died earlier in the year. He thought that his mother couldn't afford it. But he was quite surprised on Christmas morning!

I love the fact that along with this console I also got a great story!

Here it is after cleaning it up and re painting the bezel. I also swapped the game select switch from a beat up unit because the spring broke in the original switch.

post-49244-0-34755500-1482195517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psychob0b1977
  • Like 1

I paid $50 for mine and it came with 4 joysticks, 2 cx10s and 2 cx40s. It came with the original grey power supply, but it stopped working... It came with at least 30 games, many of them still in the box.

The grey power supplies are notoriously unreliable. Not sure if they're rebuildable. Mine's broken also, but the console works fine with my black 2600 power supply. I've kept the grey one for completeness' sake - I am pretty sure my system's complete except for the box inserts.

This has gotta be the oldest thread still going that I participated in at the beginning - 2005! I still have that Sears heavy sixer; I'm sure I've had it longer than the original owner at this point.

The grey power supplies are notoriously unreliable. Not sure if they're rebuildable. Mine's broken also, but the console works fine with my black 2600 power supply. I've kept the grey one for completeness' sake - I am pretty sure my system's complete except for the box inserts.

This has gotta be the oldest thread still going that I participated in at the beginning - 2005! I still have that Sears heavy sixer; I'm sure I've had it longer than the original owner at this point.

I've heard that the grey ones are unreliable. It did work at first, but it died the same day I bought it. I have also kept it for completeness. I wish I could find a box for mine though.

I have a Sears heavy six that I used for parts for this one. The Sears one had a broken switch, and a previous owner messed up the motherboard trying to repair the power jack. It still works but it's beat up.

• 5 weeks later...