IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Congrats on your H6'er G code its most likely mfg in October of 77 mine is and its a G also the guy at the thrift store where i bought mine had 2 of them the other was an H code and in worse condition so for 50 bucks he was nice enough to let me choose between them but he had no idea on what a heavy 6 was so only after I bought it and came back to find he sold the other one did i tell him that those were the more sought after first edition models lol good luck with it.

Picked up a second heavy sixer as a backup to my primary. Also have some amplifying info for 55274G (which was added to the list years ago):

(stole the format from mikey.shake :) )

Atari “Heavy Sixer”

Model – Video Computer System CX-2600

Serial – 55274G

Sticker Type – White, single

Mfg – Sunnyvale, CA

Channel Select Opening – None

Channel Select Switch – None

Motherboard QC Date – “99 14400107 . #”

Lower RF Shielding Stamp – C010315-2

Upper RF Shielding Stamp – CO10313-5X

RF Shield Sticker – 99 33900025

Motherboard Rev – Rev 8 (CO10433)

Switchboard Rev – Rev 5 (CO10462)

Case Molding Number – C010306 7 E

Sticker:

55274G%20Sticker_zpsqrrayowa.jpg

Bottom of system; note no channel select opening:

55274G%20Bottom_zpsoclyvn1c.jpg

Close-up of mobo, showing copyright 1977 (bit blurry)

55274G%20MOBO%20Copyright_zpsejrqg2fu.jp

55274G

55274G%20Front_zpsdhqo2iwt.jpg

93822J is the new addition. Casing is excellent, but internally, the system was pretty haggard. I cleaned it up a bit, worked on removing oxidation that had formed on the RF shielding and signal box housing. The game select and game reset switches are still a bit rough in operation, but functional.

Atari “Heavy Sixer”

Model – Video Computer System CX-2600

Serial – 93822J

Sticker Type – White, single

Mfg – Sunnyvale, CA

Channel Select Opening – Yes

Channel Select Switch – None

Motherboard QC Date – Not attached

Lower RF Shielding Stamp – CO10315-3

Upper RF Shielding Stamp – CO10313-5X

RF Shield Sticker – 03300680 66

Motherboard Rev – Rev 8 (CO10438)

Switchboard Rev – Rev 5

Sticker:

93822J%20Sticker_zpss1eewp6g.jpg

Bottom of system; note opening for the channel select switch was added by this point, but the system itself has no actual channel select switch (system was disassembled when I took this pic):

93822J%20Bottom_zpsvp8y7heg.jpg

93822J

93822J%20Front_zpsjmb2lox5.jpg

Edited by Bucket Brigadier
  • Like 1

Congrats on your H6'er G code its most likely mfg in October of 77 mine is and its a G also the guy at the thrift store where i bought mine had 2 of them the other was an H code and in worse condition so for 50 bucks he was nice enough to let me choose between them but he had no idea on what a heavy 6 was so only after I bought it and came back to find he sold the other one did i tell him that those were the more sought after first edition models lol good luck with it.

Thanks, I just got it in a 4 system lot that also had a Vader, 4 switch and light 6. Needs a good cleaning before I hookup it up and test everything.

4 systems nice! Im working on the Sears 2600's now i have all the Atari 2600 models not sure i will continue or buy a jaguar because i dont have one of those yet if you search Crazymoon67 on YouTube i have a bunch of videos on Atari up there you will most likely see some interesting stuff like subscribe if you want i may be doing more videos in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe because there have only been 15 systems added there since it was last updated September 2015?

Where is the list in this thread, and is it newer than September 2015?

If this list is "dead" there is no harm in cross posting the same data in the current official thread.

The person who maintains those spreadsheets on Post #1 over there last visited AtariAge February 14, 2017.

Remember this is not the CURRENT THREAD.

It was taken over by the thread started in 2011.

The person updating the list has a thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/186498-the-official-atari-2600-heavy-6-switch-list/page-1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't believe I've had my Heavy Sixer for, I think, 5 years now, and I'm just now getting around to joining this thread!

Found mine at a nearby thrift store for $60 or so; no RF box but it did include the original grey power supply and "clicky" joysticks, though the hexagonal stickers (?) were missing.

Atari model, Sunnyvale, Serial #36127K

post-548-0-08183600-1494909192_thumb.jpg

Edited by King Atari

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stopped by a pawn shop yesterday looking for vintage music gear, and was just about to leave when my eye landed on an old 2600 system. I realized it wasn't just any system. I've been looking for a heavy sixer for as long as I can remember but this was the first time I set eyes on one.

They were asking $60 but talked them down to $50 with 10 games and 2 joysticks and original grey power adaptor. Pretty clean condition, and from what I can tell, the second oldest serial number in the registry: 59081E. There was also a small white price sticker floating around in the bottom of the unit: #117224.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by sys700

@sys700 that is one sweet find. Congrats! BTW, please add these pics to "THE OFFICIAL ATARI 2600 HEAVY 6-SWITCH LIST" listed above.

Agreed!

I'm jealous.

Welcome to the E club!

Please cross-post to get it added to the next list update.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/186498-the-official-atari-2600-heavy-6-switch-list/page-1

• 3 weeks later...