IGNORED

AV for Sears Tele-games system

I bought this one on eBay and installed it on my Sears console. Others here have used it as well. I'm very happy with the improvement in both video and audio. BTW, the same kit can be used for Mattel Intellivisions, as they're the same under the hood.

The seller is in Turkey, so shipping time can be 2-3 weeks. But it's a nice little unit that went in very easily. Here is the installation guide for this kit: http://www.coolretroprojects.com/Intellivision_AV_Mod_Installation_Guide.pdf

• Like 1

This is also the same kit I order, use, and install in customer intellivisions sent to me. But as has been stated, the shipping takes a while. Last time i ordered, i ordered from his website directly because it is a few bucks cheaper than ebay and it took right at a month to receive the boards in. I've got another order in and this is now week 2 since I received shipping notification. So..just have to play the waiting game. But it is easy to install, gives great results on a CRT especially!

Now, i will state that at least on my flat panel LED HDTV I use in the game room, that there are brightness fluctuations with this kit. So for instance the entire screen will change in brightness during gameplay. Only does this with my intellivisions and not my other systems that are also composite AV modded. So something to do with the Intellivisions and my TV because they all do this. In fact on the same TV, all intellivisions I've connected via RF will also jitter up and down constantly even though the picture is fairly clear.

So again I'm mainly blaming my TV over the mod and I still highly recommend this kit.

• 2 months later...

My Intellivision (just arrived from ebay) jitters up an down on my Sony Bravia LCD TV.

I'm using an RCA to coaxial converter and an antenna cable to the RF input.

The TV still have analog TV mode, but the Intellivision is the sole device with RF analog output that I've tested on this TV

Is it a problem with my console or with the TV?

Any suggestion to make the video stable and cleaner ?

Edited by artrag

It is your TV. My Sony Bravia LED also bounces or jitters on the Intellivision only really when I use it on the ANT or COAX input. This is why I AV modded my intellivision. The AV mod looks great and the jitter or bouncing doesn't occur through the other inputs. It is something to do with the Intellivision RF signal that at least our Sony's appear to have trouble locking into. I've tried to rescan for channels with it connected and turned on and still get the bouncing. So it isn't your intellivision, but your television.

Forgot to mention at the beginning of the post... EVERY Intellivision I connect to my Sony will bounce the image on the screen. Original 2609 Mattel units, My Tandyvision One, Sears, Intv III, and my Intellivision II. All bounce through RF, so it has to be the television itself. Try on a CRT if you have one still and you will see that it won't bounce.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

My Sears Intv was horribly dark with the board from Turkey as well as the 2 or 3 mod boards I built. :(

Surprised as I've modded like 4 or 5 of these now with the board from Turkey as well as another I got that is similar designed. They all looked really good and in fact might have been a tad too much on the bright side. At least on my LED they tend to be bright but look fantastic on a CRT.

Have you recapped your Intv? I also recap the ones I mod. Cap kit doesn't cost that much and it can only prolong their lives.