IGNORED

"Revive1027" Order thread

Irgendwer

Irgendwer,

Thank you for seeing this through and thanks for putting the design online for others to use.

I haven't installed mine just yet (need to fix the 1027 first), but seeing it in working condition again will definitely put a big smile on my face!

Kind regards,

Senor Rossie

Finaly I decided to install replacement rubbers.

I cleaned the printer from old rubbers, I installed new rubbers (when you turn the barrel, pay attention to the comb, it must not be bent otherwise the new rubbers will be damaged).

I turn on the printer... nothing happens!

I didn't check the printer before doing the work! Not wise.

Luckily it was a power supply problem, so I replaced it and I had the privilege to see how Atari 1027 printer works.

Thanks Christian!

If you want to make or buy rubbers see post #100.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Has anyone made the replacement heads from the STL files? I tried to do the replacement and everything seemed fine before I turned it on. However, the combs must have been slightly bent or I didn't have the print head quite correctly placed and it tore the new head.

Is anyone making these?

Randy

I don't understand the issue with further orders.

All you have to do is follow the instructions of post #100 - I wouldn't do anything else.

As shipping is quite high maybe someone from the U.S. likes to make an omnibus order and distribute the parts?

Edit:

Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful installations. The printing head is quite delicate and very thoroughly cleaning and preparation is essential. The parts of the head (comb etc.) suffer a lot from the debris of an old broken stamp rubber.

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

I don't understand the issue with further orders.

All you have to do is follow the instructions of post #100 - I wouldn't do anything else.

As shipping is quite high maybe someone from the U.S. likes to make an omnibus order and distribute the parts?

Edit:

Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful installations. The printing head is quite delicate and very thoroughly cleaning and preparation is essential. The parts of the head (comb etc.) suffer a lot from the debris of an old broken stamp rubber.

Sorry, yes, didn't see that post.

However, I went out to place an order and that company (RapidObject) doesn't appear to ship to the US. At least when I tried to register, United States was not an option.

My print heads didn't last very long either. Seems the combs/tines are the number one enemy of the print heads. I ordered three print heads for

two different 1027's, and slow but sure after some use the print heads got caught in the combs and destroyed. I think that the print heads may

have been a bit too soft and allowed the combs to cut into them after some use. One 1027 had a completely new print wheel from Best (it took

some time and a lot of cussing to get the wheel off and replaced).

DavidMil

Sorry to hear that the new heads will be destroyed, as I only bought a single rubber+ink roller. I have not installed it yet.

I am wondering if the new material might eventually harden a bit over time with light use. I remember the original being fairly rigid to touch.

In any event, it is a good thing to have the STL file for future experiments.

Thanks again to Irgendwer for development and making the info freely available. Perhaps we have not seen the end of 1027 printers after all. There is always room for improvement based on what has already been done. :)

• Like 3

So, finally all orders are sent. While orders jumped on and off the list and the substitution orders, too, this took much, much longer than I expected.

(Will not do something like this again.)

So a "thank you" to all of you, who placed an order and actually stayed committed!

Like promised here the data to build the replacement part at a manufacturer of your choice.

The unit in the STL-file is millimetre.

I ordered the part here:

Rapidobject GmbH

Weißenfelser Straße 84

04229 Leipzig

www.rapidobject.com

3D-printing technique: "Polyjet"

Material: "Silicone GH1 Shore 65A"

Price is about €15,- for a single item + (quite costly) P&P.

In the mean time they may warn you that they produce the part only at your own risk, as the material thickness is at the limit of the supported dimensions.

Have fun!

attachicon.gifRevive1027 V1.2 1.png

Wow. This looks like a quite difficult print. most of it prints about a millimeter off the build plate. Can't believe it printed as well as it did.

Great job on creating this. I'm sure it took quite a while.

• Like 1

However, I went out to place an order and that company (RapidObject) doesn't appear to ship to the US. At least when I tried to register, United States was not an option.

I'm sorry to hear that - esp. while I'm unable to help: As it was already mentioned in an other thread, the shipping regulations to the US have changed and sending goods in "letter-envelopes" isn't supported anymore.

Shipping of goods for a private person is ridiculous expensive now.

So finding a contract manufacturer in the US seems to be the only viable way.

I'm sorry to hear that - esp. while I'm unable to help: As it was already mentioned in an other thread, the shipping regulations to the US have changed and sending goods in "letter-envelopes" isn't supported anymore.

Shipping of goods for a private person is ridiculous expensive now.

So finding a contract manufacturer in the US seems to be the only viable way.

Unable to help? You've done so much already! You have nothing to be sorry about! Is shipping from all of Europe high now or is it just some countries?

Maybe a work around for shipping could be found?

DavidMil

Unable to help? You've done so much already! You have nothing to be sorry about!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Is shipping from all of Europe high now or is it just some countries?

Maybe a work around for shipping could be found?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/277204-some-new-not-really-hardware-made-by-tfhh/page-5?do=findComment&comment=4190319

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is just bad memory of a very much overworked guy.  But I am pretty sure I read that a few people that got the ABBUC deal, had a pretty quick failure of the part and that is why work was discontinued.  I cannot validate this, I cannot find any links, and sometimes I don't know the difference between a dream and Tuesday.

Is this info worse than nobody posting at all?  I'll let you judge.  Sorry for not being any help.  But I can't be the only silent person for this reason.

• 7 months later...