Irgendwer

"Revive1027" Order thread

15 hours ago, Peri Noid said:

It's been years since this project was presented but... Are there any these still available? I'd like to buy at least one since the printer I bought has none at the time.

I ordered two.  Neither produced a good result.  One broke outright.  I wish there was a good one available.  I loved my 1027s ratta-tat-tat sound.

As years pass, better and better materials are available. Maybe it would be worth to retry with currently available materials? I know almost nothing about 3D printing so I may be wrong. But... :-)

I´ve ordered a small batch which probably will be available in about two weeks in the ABBUC Shop and cost about 15 Euro.

• Like 3

Dang, thats tempting. I do miss my 1027. I remember my teachers being amazed that I had "typed out the project on a typewriter" while my fellow students had to deal with dot matrix from a Mac...

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this. I wonder if it would be possible to make these in multi materials, make the letterforms harder and the band softer. It might last longer that way. There are lots of different hardnesses available now, it should be possible to get something pliable but still hard wearing. I know @MacRorie has a multi material printer, it might be an interesting project to develop.

23 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

I would certainly be in for a replacement. The last effort fell far short.

@gilsaluki I have been trying to get in touch with you, for weeks, to try and get the dynacomp software shipped to someone so it could be preserved. Please get back to us.

-Thom