IGNORED

The SNES Omnibus Vol. 1 (A-M) - Now Available for PRE-ORDER

My forthcoming book, The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 1 (A-M), is now available for pre-order:

http://www.brettweisswords.com/p/the-snes-omnibus-vol-1-m.html

You can order directly from me (U.S. only) and get some COOL FREE BONUSES, including:

*My autograph in the book (I can personalize it if you’d like)

*YOUR NAME listed/immortalized in the patron section of my next book (THIS A LIMITED TIME OFFER), The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 2 (N-Z)

*A set of “Classic Home Video Games” book marks

*One of my signed Twin Galaxies trading cards (issue will vary)

*A free digital copy of my book, Retro Pop Culture A to Z: From Atari 2600 to Zombie Films (sent through Facebook)

In addition, 1 out of every 10 people (chosen at random) who pre-order the book directly from me will receive a free download code for a digital copy of a game for a current console or handheld (my choice—if you don’t have the system or already have the game, feel free to pay it forward).

The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 1 (A-M) features more than 2,000 full-color images, including box art, cartridges, screenshots, and vintage gaming ads. This is a beautifully illustrated, massive (9x12), professionally published (by Schiffer Publishing), full color, hardcover book—416 pages of Super Nintendo goodness, written by an author (me) who has been gaming since the mid-1970s and writing about video games professionally since the mid-1990s.

There are also nostalgic stories by a number of prominent gaming professionals, including Blake J. Harris (author of Console Wars), Kurt Kalata (Hardcore Gaming 101), Tim Lapetino (author of Art of Atari), Shawn Long (RGT 85 on YouTube), Brittney Brombacher (BlondeNerd.com), Eric “8-Bit Eric” Perez (YouTuber), Christopher “The Old Ass Retro Gamer” Pico (YouTuber), Benjamin Reeves (senior editor for Game Informer), John Riggs (RIGG’d Games on YouTube), David Warhol (one of the original Mattel Intellivision “Blue Sky Rangers&rdquo , Steve Woita (longtime programmer for Atari 2600, Genesis, etc.), and too many others to list. THANKS FOR READING!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that this won't be affected by the Snes Visual compendium book from bitmap books which itself is 9x12 with 400+ pages with 8 gate fold spreads and a weld of contributors that it will cross over with your publication and is only £25 / $38

A few people have asked me to ask you for clarification of "The Laird aka Kieran Hawkens" as many have concerns his involvement will possible damage sales of this book as your a nice guy and simply involving some one like him in your publication regardless of his work within the community under his so called written work is incredible bad reputation and is very disliked and proven to fabrication facts and dream weave and distort facts in many historic events within the vintage video game community. So this is simply an attack on your publication but grave concerns for it's success. So this is not attack on the book believe me and simply wished to ask if he's contributed to your book, as this is something of live to owe, but pricing and his involvement may seriously effect my purchase.

And I'm very sure there are many others with this opinion here and elsewhere that knows the shady and sideways self victimisation of Kieran Hawkens.

Best of luck with the book.

Edited by Greyfox

You can also pre-order the book at a discount on amazon for just $43.87:

https://www.amazon.com/SNES-Omnibus-Super-Nintendo-M/dp/0764355325/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1511190515&sr=1-1&keywords=snes+omnibus

Kieren Hawken has been writing about video games for more than 10 years for many different publications, but he’s best known for his work on the award-winning Retro Gamer magazine. Other published works include numerous digital books, most notably his popular “A-Z” series. Kieren was a contributing author on Let’s Go Dizzy: The Story of the Oliver Twins and The Story of the Commodore Amiga in Pixels. In addition, he appeared on the prime time UK technology show Sky News Swipe, as well numerous podcasts as both a guest and co-host. His own YouTube channel, The Laird’s Lair, features a wide range of videos focused on the world of retro gaming.

He turned in some good, truthful, nostalgic stories about gaming during the 1990s.

Edited by 8bitgamer

Sounds great. Any chance you could provide us with a few sample pages from the interior of the book? I'd really like to see the layout and read one review to get a better idea of how the entire book "feels".

Congratulations on your publication.

- Wolf

Thanks! As soon as those things are available, I will share them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Hey, everyone: My new book, The SNES Omnibus: The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 1 (A-M), will be out this spring or summer. If you pre-order the book direct from me by March 1, you’ll get all the pre-order bonuses.

This deluxe hardcover book features write-ups and reviews for 350+ games, 2,000+ full-color photos, nostalgic stories from programmers and other industry insiders, and much more. Thanks for reading!

For all the info, click here:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...