IGNORED

How Accurate are these jaguar software sales numbers?

JaguarVision

I stumbled upon this website that shows the hardware sales of a large chunk of jaguar games at this site: http://betaphasegames.com/Feature_Jaguar_Lifetime_Sales.html

Jaguar_Lifetime_Sales.PNG

So i don't know if these are verified on here? Are these accurate?

if so that's pretty much in line what I thought, AVP was the fast seller back when the Jagaur was out and they couldn't ship enough for demand. Also looks like Kasumi was pretty popular. Good amount of "6's" though. Those games must be worth a ton.

Of course some of these would obviously not have full reporting, but I'm assuming "6' would end up now being much more than 100 copies at most. Games are also misisng in the list.

The thread guy linked above doesn't really tackled if the consensus here is if the numbers were real or not just the same surprise by the numbers as I did at the top post.

Of course some of these would obviously not have full reporting, but I'm assuming "6' would end up now being much more than 100 copies at most. Games are also misisng in the list.

The thread guy linked above doesn't really tackled if the consensus here is if the numbers were real or not just the same surprise by the numbers as I did at the top post.

The fact that the list combines actual releases with vapourware and a CD pack-in title (Blue Lightning) makes this suspect in my eyes. It seems like a WIP, at best, but with nothing else to contradict it, who knows at this point?

The fact that the list combines actual releases with vapourware and a CD pack-in title (Blue Lightning) makes this suspect in my eyes. It seems like a WIP, at best, but with nothing else to contradict it, who knows at this point?

I don't know about the number six but I always took it for some kind of placeholder for the yet unreleased games. Cybermorph was the pack in, don't know if the boxed version was released yet and as for the other numbers, where should they come from? As long as proven otherwise I have no doubt that they come from one of the Atari Harddrives. The only title I would question as being in development after what we learned in the meantime would be creature shock but then I remembered that they even put it on the box of the Jag cd.:)

Edit: just realised that both versions of cybermorph are there.

Edited by PeterG

Oh, I have no doubt that these figures came from Atari. I also have no doubt that they no idea what the hell was going on anymore. If anything, the list shows us that the company was in total disarray if they thought that some of these titles were even being close to being complete. They may as well just have had pictures of unicorns and pirates beside the games. It would probably be just as accurate as those official numbers. :)

Blue Lightning was a pack-in game. I cant believe it was ever sold, because who the hell would have bought an extra copy? I still have 50 or so sitting in my basement

I'm sure that this is an internal Atari Corp. document and have no reason to doubt its accuracy. The "6" numbers look like titles in development at the time and likely refer to test copies. Further, this is through 4/1/95, five months before the CD unit shipped to retail. Maybe they included them for accounting purposes?! Also, the "P/O" is "pack out" for the pack-in Cybermorph carts, which is why that is zero. Atari offered boxed copies when they released the core Jaguar units, "The 64 Bit Power Kit", which explains the low numbers for the other Cybermorph SKU.

Edited by atariLBC
  • Like 1

Are people honestly questioning if Blue Lightning only sold 6 units? The same amount as Legions of the Undead and Tiny Toons? There are really questions about whether or not this is accurate? I've now seen it all in the Jag forum.

But it's on the internet! It has to be true! ;)

Only asking because the list seemed so far out there in left field.

I stumbled upon this website that shows the hardware sales of a large chunk of jaguar games at this site: http://betaphasegames.com/Feature_Jaguar_Lifetime_Sales.html

Jaguar_Lifetime_Sales.PNG

So i don't know if these are verified on here? Are these accurate?

if so that's pretty much in line what I thought, AVP was the fast seller back when the Jagaur was out and they couldn't ship enough for demand. Also looks like Kasumi was pretty popular. Good amount of "6's" though. Those games must be worth a ton.

Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

• Like 3

I mean considering the posts in this thread we can do without your drive by troll post as we are figuring out if these are real.

The lines with 6s are not real. The others certainly could be. But how would we know? What would we compare it to? Does it even matter in 2017?

• Like 2