IGNORED

E-Jagfest 2017

PeterG

I`ve been going to the E-Jagfest every year now for 17 years (which is crazy enough) and everytime I come back home I have another great memory. And I have written some words here and there over the years and everytime I am excited and enthusiastic how cool it was and how nice the people are and what kind of cool stuff we got to see – but truly, if this is not the coolest, relaxed and most laid back retrogaming event, I don`t know what else is.

In a community that is full of drama online and with seperate groups and arguments and fumes and whatnot you can`t imagine how absolutley lovely it is to enter a room with around 50 people, playing, laughing, discussing all sorts of topics (somehow we even landed at politics :-)) with differing opinions, seeing old stuff, seeing new stuff, talk about possibilities, having a good time and enjoy cake and pizza on top of it. It was great and I wished I would have been able to be there also on the second day.

I thought I write about this event because even though the info is out there on the site and also the pictures and videos are coming in here and there I feel like people don`t really realize what a truly great event this is for the community.

If you think about what was in that room strictly on the Jaguar side of things (and I am sure I also missed some cool stuff because I did not have time to talk to everyone) it is incredible. And there where many other systems there as usual.

Gaztee and his band of "UK guys" as the table was nicely labeled brought tons of cool stuff to try and see and buy. From ST ports in really nice looking boxes to, Escape 2042 from Orion, the Llamasoft twincard, a version of Kaboom! and even a CoJag Board with the unreleased Freeze. TXG made it possible again for everyone to play on the Jaguar Kiosk and he brought a Panther devkit and a Voicemodem for us to see. Björn aside from setting everything up and organizing this event again had a cabinet with all kinds of Jaguars in the different coloured shells up to the real Hot Rod dental camera. Nick was showing all kinds of Jaguar games like The Realm Fighters as last year but also had the Wave 1 games for visitors to try. We even got a glimpse on some really rare stuff with a clay model from Baldies and some Badges from the Atari E3 booth from 1995 I think thanks to Masematte. And last but not least I had the honour to present Matthias Domin's SD card adaptor and SD cart software manager as he unfortunatley wasn`t able to make it to the event. And this was only the Jaguar stuff.

You meet people you know and enjoy talking to over the years and make new aquaintances you know you will meet next year. We even got Robert`s incredible Atari Quality Coathooks. ;-)

Why am I writing this? I want you to know that even if it wasn`t always easy over the years and maybe especially back in the day or whenever you think there is some shitty stuff going on in the community – it is a great time to be a Jaguar fan.

Edit: I forgot to add my crappy pictures. :-)

post-1084-0-83697900-1509914685_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-52037300-1509914715_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-31766400-1509914761_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-85931600-1509914800_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-39131200-1509914831_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-58767100-1509914857_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-65114900-1509914899_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-54380600-1509914964_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-59896300-1509914988_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-20868700-1509915018_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-26303800-1509915062_thumb.jpgpost-1084-0-02089900-1509915083_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeterG
  • Like 17

It certainly looked like an awesome time! Some of my favorite things from the videos Nick streamed were the neon Atari and Jaguar signs, TGXs Panther devkit, the Atari Age boxed version of Doom 32X hack (very interesting) and some of the artwork on display on the walls for LuchsSoft. Also whoever the heck brought that pimpin silver and blue Jag with the Falcon controller I am totally jealous and want one! I also noticed a ton of pro controllers. Seems eJagfest is where they are all hiding!

I wish I could have been there to experience it for myself. Perhaps next year. At least my games and the JagZombies demo were there, so I was kind of there in spirit. ;)

Edit--- I forgot Mathais SD card reader certainly looks different! Thats 3 SD card readers now! THATS exciting.

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

In a community that is full of drama online and with seperate groups and arguments and fumes and whatnot you can`t imagine how absolutley lovely it is to enter a room with around 50 people, playing, laughing, discussing all sorts of topics (somehow we even landed at politics :-)) with differing opinions, seeing old stuff, seeing new stuff, talk about possibilities, having a good time and enjoy cake and pizza on top of it.

Well said, Peter.

Great post, and nice pics :)

I've never seen a Jaguar kiosk in real life, only in pictures, but it seems to be very small, or the guy standing in front of it is very big...

Edited by Isgoed

Well said, Peter.

Great post, and nice pics :)

I've never seen a Jaguar kiosk in real life, only in pictures, but it seems to be very small, or the guy standing in front of it is very big...

That's because Björn is huuuge, no but seriously the kiosk isn't that big. I don't have the size but it is probably around 175cm in height?

Thanks Peter for the kind words.

Its great fun, year by year. Cool to see how many new things the people bring to the show.

Thanks to Jeffrey Bones and Nick for bringing Zombies on the Jaguar to the ejagfest. I really like the ejagfest Screen at start ;)

Play Jaguar like its 1994!

post-4390-0-06486600-1510078404_thumb.jpeg

Edited by bmx
  • Like 5

Gaztee and his band of "UK guys"

You wouldn't believe the amount of trouble we had getting GazTee's head back through customs after this comment!!! :D :D

Yet another awesome event, cheers for BMX for organising it, to all the still cool and awesome people there, old friends and new.. and of course GazTee for nagging me to go year after year, for finally allowing me to be one of his guys :D :D :D

Hoping to be there next year with more to show from myself

(and I think I have really broken the quote on this :D )

• Like 3

Permitting I could make it to such an event next year and if it's at the same place, could anyone recommend a place nearby to stay at for cheap for the weekend? Looks like it would be about $800 for a round trip with 2-adults just for flight.

Clint, I can`t recommend cheap places because I live not very far from the location. But if you can live with a free place (no 5 Star Hotel though ;-)), I invite you to two to stay at my apartement for the weekend.

It would be really nice after all these years. Hope you can really make it.

• Like 2

Clint, I can`t recommend cheap places because I live not very far from the location. But if you can live with a free place (no 5 Star Hotel though ;-)), I invite you to two to stay at my apartement for the weekend.

It would be really nice after all these years. Hope you can really make it.

Thanks Peter, that's incredibly generous of you and agreed, would be very cool to meet up! =D

Permitting I could make it to such an event next year and if it's at the same place, could anyone recommend a place nearby to stay at for cheap for the weekend? Looks like it would be about $800 for a round trip with 2-adults just for flight.

Assuming same location we stayed at the Jan Van Werth in nearby Butgen. Staff were lovely, and we even got a lock-in in the local pub :D Wasn't hugely expensive either including breakfast. I'd certainly be happy to go there again.

• Like 2

Assuming same location we stayed at the Jan Van Werth in nearby Butgen. Staff were lovely, and we even got a lock-in in the local pub :D Wasn't hugely expensive either including breakfast. I'd certainly be happy to go there again.

It'll be even better next year when their bar and restaurant are open after renovation. Mind you the local bar isn't too bad either. Made to feel very welcome by the locals :) Next year we have to tie the keys to OMF though :D

• Like 1

Some years ago, I wrote a doc with directions to the location AND hotel recommendations. It’s in german and when you scroll down, there is an english version as well.

Here you go: http://ejagfest.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ejf_wegbeschreibung_directions_korschenbroich.pdf

This could be useful for me for next year......

Thanks. See you there ;)