banner.png

Week 3

alien_invaders.pngvs. dragon_slayers.png

Game : Berzerk (Game 3)

c_Berzerk_Picture_front.jpg

star_blazers.pngvs. tornadoes.png

Game: Phoenix

c_Phoenix_Silver_front.jpg

Post your scores in this thread. 98% or more of the maximum displayable score is considered rollout/maxage. Be sure to use the correct game settings.

Scoring: Players score point for each member of the opposing team they outscore. If the teams are tied at the end of the week, the captain with the highest score earns 1 tiebreaker point for his team. If the teams are tied and the team captains are tied, the team with the highest average score earns 1 tiebreaker point.

Deadline for posting scores is 11:59:59 (EST) the evening of November 12, 2017

Berzerk scores:
1. 116,450 - LidLikesIntellivision (DS) (+4)
2. 110,820 - darthkur (AI) (+3)
3. 100,120 - Vocelli (DS) (+3)

5. 54,500 - Sneakyturtleegg (AI) (+2)
4. 24,910 - karokoening (DS) (+2)
6. 10,640 - Gorfy (DS) (+2)

7. 9,930 - Mister-VCS (AI) (+0)
8. 8,290 - TheHoboInYourRoom (AI) (+0)

Dragon Slayers - 11

Alien Invaders - 5

Phoenix scores:
1. 205,200 - Northcoastgamer (SB) (+4)

4. 70,170 - S.BAZ (SB) (+4)

8. 62,600 - keilbaca (Tor) (+2)
2. 56,600 - toiletunes (Tor) (+2)
3. 38,240 - Abel M'Vada (Tor) (+2)
5. 23,370 - Lauren Tyler (SB) (+1)
6. 17,390- classicgamer_27330 (SB) (+1)
7. 6,040 - DarQ Massacres (Tor) (+0)

Star Blazers - 10

Tornadoes - 6

Standings through Week 2:
Team W L PF PA
Star Blazers 2 0 18 14
Alien Invaders 1 1 19 13
Tornadoes 1 1 13 20
Dragon Slayers 0 2 15 18

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 8

This is what I was talking about. Game 3 isn't too different from game 1 and it can take several hours:

Keilbaca had the honour, will power and patience to get a very high score.

Here, I'm quotting myself when I first discovered some great Berzerk alternatives.

For everyone who loves Berzerk, here you find a great thread.

Highlights: Berzerk for Atarivox. (I have it :-D)
Berzerk Voice Enhanced.

And we shall have Frantic!

• Like 2

Sorry team for letting you down on 2 games I never played.

I like and have played Berzerk.... let's hope I can do WAY better.

No problem. Let's have fun in the process, that's what matters.

I could play more Qbert and get a better score, but at that point it wasn't too fun and I didn't put the effort to improve my position...

On the other hand, I didn't need to play Scramble that much. But I was enjoying the game and played more than enough...

Usually, I stop playing when I stop having fun with a game.

Sometimes the challenge/competition brings enjoyment per se, then I can play more.

But I don't play if the game isn't fun and the competition starts to feel as an obligation.

Finally, sometimes I do like a game but the game doesn't like me... :) Then I just play the game and live with low scores. :-D

Personally, I never get good on Pacman, BurgerTime and strategic/maze games with 3 or more enemies... :mad:

• Like 3

Sorry team for letting you down on 2 games I never played.

I like and have played Berzerk.... let's hope I can do WAY better.

Haha! Vocelli you sandbagger! It doesn't look like there is much hope with the first 2 Berzerk scores posted by the Dragon Slayers. Thats some good work. I probably won't be anywhere near those.

This is what I was talking about. Game 3 isn't too different from game 1 and it can take several hours:

Keilbaca had the honour, will power and patience to get a very high score.

Here, I'm quotting myself when I first discovered some great Berzerk alternatives.

It takes roughly 45-55 min per 100k if you're fast, 1 hr or more if you're pacing yourself.

There's a time out glitch that's in the game if you want to marathon this game.

I can explain it in detail.

1. When the maze starts to close when you exit, starts the timer, for the counter to check to see if you are moving or not for the attract mode.

2. Every 4 1/4 seconds, the game does a check to see if you are moving. If you are moving, it triggers a counter.

3. The counter varies on when you hit reset on the game. To get the max counter, you play game one, and hold reset essentially when you turn on the Atari.

4. Firing does not count as moving. Avoid fire battles with robots, where you shoot each other until your faster bullet eventually kills the robot.

5. This counter does not reset when you move.

What I have found to be the best strategy, is to shoot one or two robots, make sure you're moving (as counting gets exhausting after hour 5), until the robots start to fire. After that, you have avoided the first check. Fire a few, move, fire a few, move. When I'm in the groove, I can usually shoot 2-3, move until the robots fire, finish the board and move on.

P.S. Thank you for not picking TOR to play this game. I really don't have the time to play a marathon game this weekend.

P.P.S. I was informed that Zimmerman is coming after my record soon. I may be stuck doing this marathon again.

Shameless plug: This score got printed into the Guinness Book of World Records: 2017 Gamer's Edition.

Edited by keilbaca
  • Like 2

Phoenix isn't as great a game as Demon Attack, but I'm still having lots of fun playing it. I'm hoping to improve my score too, right after I clean the GIANT BIRD DROPPINGS off my laser turret (what do these things eat anyway?).

Demon Attack is a boring Phoenix clone.

• Like 1