20 ataribuff

10 ntavio

30 wonder007

10 jaymiester

10 CPUWIZ

10 atari181

156/200 claimed! Nearly 3/4 claimed! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I have been chatting with Dan over at Retroprotection: http://www.retroprotection.com/main.sc

And something I have always wanted was some of the nice plastic box protectors made for the odd sized Atari 2600 adult games (the mystique/playaround titles)

Nearly all the Atari 2600 boxes will fit in the standard Atari box protectors that fit 2600/5200/7800/colecovision/short intellivision/arcadia/astrocade/tomy/etc.

And then there are a few tall sizes like the 2600 sega games that will fit in the tall intellivision box protectors.

But the adult games are an odd size that doesn't fit good in any other type protector. They are also generally pretty pricey and have some outstanding art to show off (much better than the games :) )

So I have been coaxing him into making a small batch of these and I think there would be enough interested people here to make at least a batch of 200 a possibility.

I would personally buy 20 for myself and I talked to ianoid last night and he would take 20 as well.

So that's already 40. And I am guessing we could easily get more people on board.

So today I am sending Dan my spare gigolo box to get exact measurements and try and get a batch made.

Would be nice if people would commit to say a pack of 10...its possible they could end up good for other things...I think they might work for the rca studio II big box games too....probably other things too.

*EDIT: Looks like they will also fit the Activision "Fat" box games. These were made for the Colecovision and Atari 5200. Also Atari 8bit and Commodore 64 and possibly others.

The 2600 adult protectors will be about 1/2" too wide and 1/8" too tall and 1/8" too thick for the Activision thick boxes. But they should still look presentable in them and at least there will be something that will fit those boxes for now.

I plan to also pursue a custom protector for this size as well but no idea if someone will be up to do it or when.

So if your interested please post below that you are and how many you may want.

This is just to gauge interest and no money at this time needs to be exchanged.

Because of course the more people he sees are interested the more he could make and this would reduce cost for anyone interested!

He estimates that making 200 they would be between $2.75 and $3.50 a piece...which to me would be excellent for such a custom made item.

You can also send Dan a message at retroprotection and let him know your interested and he will then contact you when they are ready.

He estimates they could be done in early January if they are started now.

Please get some, its a great opportunity! :) And if he does a small batch there is no guarantee he would ever make more...and I highly doubt anyone else ever will!

Thanks!!

post-26050-0-27578200-1510076728.jpg

Edited by stupus
  • Like 1

I only own one adult Mystique game myself in the box. I would like to get it in a protector like some of my other high value games, but I've only just the one and wouldn't likely buy more unless I knew for a fact I would have other games that would need them.

• Like 1

-^Cro§Bow^-, on 07 Nov 2017 - 4:59 PM, said:

I only own one adult Mystique game myself in the box. I would like to get it in a protector like some of my other high value games, but I've only just the one and wouldn't likely buy more unless I knew for a fact I would have other games that would need them.

That's fine, he certainly will sell singles of all his protectors. So any amount helps ;)

I think there are 8 ntsc adult titles and more if you do pal as well...so a 10 pack is just a suggestion for serious collectors. I'm sure he will be happy to sell however many or few you need/want.

And of course they can be ordered together with more common protector sizes as well, if you need any for other games.

I'm sure I could add to an order with additional protectors. However, I usually get them locally for like 1.50 each as the game store owner here likes to put all his high dollar games in them when he sells them. So..he buys quite a few different ones in bulk and sells them back to me when he has spares on hand.

1.50 might be pricey, but then factor in shipping...etc and I'm likely coming out even since I can just drive around the corner from my house and pick one up.

Still, I'm interested in getting at least one, and I believe the shop owner I spoke about might be interested in buying a few in case he gets anymore into the store or can find uses to put other items into them if needed.

Captain_Combat, on 08 Nov 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

I'm in for 10 if you get enough people.

That's great!

I'm actually quite surprised more people have not been as excited about this as I was. Maybe I am too easily excited about classic game stuff :D haha

I think he is planning to go ahead and do the 200 now.

So at this point this will probably be more to see who gets dibs on the 200 (nearly 1/4 already claimed now with yours)

And if enough people show interest it will determine if he would do more than 200 and how much we can get the price down.

I think if we can claim preinterest close to the 200 he would probably get 400 and the price would break some.

I don't see these ever being made again so this is your chance to get them people! ;)

20 stupus

20 ianoid

1 crossbow (possibly more)

10 captain combat

41+/200 claimed

Maybe more I am not aware of yet have contacted him directly too.

thanks!

I was just checking for other possible uses in the 2600 games.

It looks like the 5 Video Gems PAL exclusive games could also make use of this size. Nearly the exact same width and height as the adult games and like 3/16 less thick...so very close.

So keep those in mind too if you have video gems games you want protected! :D

Hit me up for these if it doesn't work out as I will manufacture them

Pretty sure he plans to make 200 anyway now.

Do you make and sell box protectors?

If so I would also love to see ones made for the 2600 epyx games and 2600 mythicon games. Would you be interested to make those?

Then 2600 would be pretty well covered other than about a half dozen games with 1 off sizes.

Pretty sure he plans to make 200 anyway now.

Do you make and sell box protectors?

If so I would also love to see ones made for the 2600 epyx games and 2600 mythicon games. Would you be interested to make those?

Then 2600 would be pretty well covered other than about a half dozen games with 1 off sizes.Gree

I recently start to make box protectors for various systems. I have the Odyssey game boxes, Odyssey system boxes and Atari Jaguar CD game boxes already made and actually should be available today. I have Odyssey game board boxes, Atari 7800 Absolute covers under production currently. Will add these two as well to the list to be made.

Edited by MortoffGames
  • Like 1

-^Cro§Bow^-, on 09 Nov 2017 - 4:36 PM, said:

Go ahead and add like 5 more to my request to make it an even 6 total from me. I don't need that many, but who knows, someday I might? And then when I need a box protector of that size...I will have one available.

I think its a wise choice, I think you would easily sell them too if you ever decide you never will use them all. ;)

--------------------------

25 stupus

20 ianoid

6 crossbow

10 captain combat

20 atari buff

81/200 claimed! Nearing half claimed! :)

I recently start to make box protectors for various systems. I have the Odyssey game boxes, Odyssey system boxes and Atari Jaguar CD game boxes already made and actually should be available today. I have Odyssey game board boxes, Atari 7800 Absolute covers under production currently. Will add these two as well to the list to be made.

That's great if you will make those 2 special sizes!

By odyssey boxes do you mean original odyssey or odyssey2?

Odyssey 2 games fit in genesis box protectors, but they are not a perfect fit. There is a tad bit of room at the top...maybe 3/8" inch.

So if you have ones custom made to the odyssey2, that's excellent! I would get some of those.

If you have protectors for original odyssey stuff....wow that is really cool, I would get those too! :)

Do you have a link to these?

That's great if you will make those 2 special sizes!

By odyssey boxes do you mean original odyssey or odyssey2?

Odyssey 2 games fit in genesis box protectors, but they are not a perfect fit. There is a tad bit of room at the top...maybe 3/8" inch.

So if you have ones custom made to the odyssey2, that's excellent! I would get some of those.

If you have protectors for original odyssey stuff....wow that is really cool, I would get those too! :)

Do you have a link to these?

Greetings

Yes the Sega Genesis protectors are close however have a decent gap on the top. Here are the pricing and links

The Odyssey 2 game box protectors and console box protectors have come in and are ready to sell.

Pricing Game Box Protector

1-9 $1.59 each

10-24 $1.29 each

25-49 $1.10 each

50+ 0.99c each

Can be purchased from my website WWW.MortoffGames.Com https://www.mortoffg...&product_id=934 or can message me and I can send a pay-pal invoice.

Pricing Game Console Box Protector

$12.99

Can be purchased from my website WWW.MortoffGames.Com https://www.mortoffg...&product_id=935 or can message me and I can send a pay-pal invoice.

• Like 1

That's great I will definitely get over 50 of the o2 game box protectors!

And 1 for the console too ;)

Will these fit video pack too? I think they are the same size if I remember right?

You also have boxes for the 3 big box o2 board games? I didn't see those.

Great your making the big 7800 ones too! :)

Put me down for 10 of them

Sounds good! ;)

*Current order list:

25 stupus

20 ianoid

6 crossbow

10 captain_combat

20 ataribuff

10 ntavio

91/200 claimed! Nearing half claimed! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

That's great I will definitely get over 50 of the o2 game box protectors!

And 1 for the console too ;)

Will these fit video pack too? I think they are the same size if I remember right?

You also have boxes for the 3 big box o2 board games? I didn't see those.

Great your making the big 7800 ones too! :)

I am in the process of having the big box games ones made right now as well

Bump

and I started a thread in the show your collection section that will be a place to track what box protectors work best for what games and links with where to get them. ;)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/272027-officialvideo-game-box-protector-cross-reference-info-repository-thread/