IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

I am new to the Jag and I don't want to read through a bunch of stuff but I am wondering what is the difference between the pro controllers and standard . I can see the different buttons but are the pros a better quality ? Does the d-pad work better ?

It is a better controller. Some say by just a bit, others say it's quite a bit better. If you play Jaguar, you want one. You get the extra shoulder buttons which makes a difference in some games.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned a snarling jaguar head instead of the Atari logo on the conrollers. How about the actual "Jaguar" logo instead? I mean its public domain so it will get no one in trouble, and it would definitely compliment the controller, console and game boxes with a unified logo instead of something new? I wouldnt be upset over a snarling jaguar though or nothing there at all, but if we want something there instead of just a blank space where the copyrighted Atari logo is, my suggestion would be the other logo from the console. The console's name.

Someone mentioned a snarling jaguar head instead of the Atari logo on the conrollers. How about the actual "Jaguar" logo instead? I mean its public domain so it will get no one in trouble, and it would definitely compliment the controller, console and game boxes with a unified logo instead of something new? I wouldnt be upset over a snarling jaguar though or nothing there at all, but if we want something there instead of just a blank space where the copyrighted Atari logo is, my suggestion would be the other logo from the console. The console's name.

Realistically it's probably cheaper to blank out the Atari logo and leave it blank on the mold than it would be to add something else. Adding a graphic with a vinyl decal if you wanted it afterwards is easily done. When I get my controllers I'll probably come up with something neat.

Edited by Bratwurst
  • Like 1

Realistically it's probably cheaper to blank out the Atari logo and leave it blank on the mold than it would be to add something else. Adding a graphic with a vinyl decal if you wanted it afterwards is easily done. When I get my controllers I'll probably come up with something neat.

I was simply saying id prefer the jag logo to a snarling jaguar. im fine with nothing. vinyl on a controller is just tacky in my opinion, but each to their own.

Edited by grimm
  • Like 1

I've sent my e-mail as well. I'm fascinated by the project and would love to see it come to fruition!

I owned an original Pro Controller until fairly recently, but I didn't find it to be a dramatic enough improvement over the originals to hold on to it, especially with the resale prices being so crazy. I'm still okay with the originals, but I'd like to support this project, especially if the new controllers can be manufactured in transparent plastic to match the new shells.

Just saw this after dropping by the front page of AtariAge. I haven't seen any mention of this idea in this thread yet, so I'll suggest it now: How about multiple variations of this controller? Jaguar first, then ColecoVision, then USB, and just for kicks, you could make a variation with Super-NES connectors, and release it for the Analogue Super NT (should be a great controller for it once it's officially jailbroken).

The real problem with a controller like this is the high cost of the plastic enclosure of the controller. The rest is just custom electronics which is not too bad in today's custom DIY world, and some extra plastic/rubber/foam parts (for the D-pad and buttons). With multiple variations, you'll sell tons of these and easily recoup the invested money.

I'd buy one or two of these for my ColecoVision, and the Super NT too eventually. :)

Update:

We are currently at 301 controllers spoken for. Let's keep going folks!

Several people have posted about this project in the various Atari/Retro gaming groups on Facebook so the fans who don't frequent AtariAge proper should be aware of this.

If more of the ST/STe games were patched to support the Enhanced Joystick Ports, there'd be even more demand for these. Same goes for a cable adapter to get the controllers to work with the 5200. It would be pure joy to use JagPads/Jag Pro Controllers on the 5200 for the games that do not exclusively require analog joystick/Trak-Ball support.

Suggestions are appreciated; however the initial run of these will be 1:1 duplicates of the original minus the logo. Hopefully we can get enough interest to make this run possible

Curious to ask...did anyone contact "Atari" to ask how much it would actually cost to use their logo? Did anyone offer to buy Fred lunch at Taco Bell to make it happen?

Based upon how cool - definitely compared to the likes of "Coleco" and Ninjaendo - they've been with AtariAge projects, they might wave standard licensing fees. Might.

After the project completes successfully, will 3D scans be uploaded here, or, say Thingiverse? Enthusiast 3D Printing probably won't deliver the same durability from today's printers, but who knows in a few more years...