IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

Maybe I missed it but did you start shipping?

I thought you were ironing out some snafu in production still.

From the first post (where the updates are written):

Update 03-12-2018.

The Chinese Holiday totally destroyed my time table as I had hoped to have these for JagFest however not going to happen now. The molds have been delayed and as such we are looking for another month to get the molds finished. If anyone has any questions happy to answer them. I am sorry for the delay.

• Like 4

Any update on progress? :) Super eager to grab the pro controllers xD

Literally the post above yours mentions updates are in the first post. Jag forum gonna Jag forum.

Update 04-23-2018

I thought I would post another update. Things are progressing well; however slowly. The biggest part of the project is nearly done the molds for the buttons and controller shells and should be posting pictures of these shortly. The conductive pads, circuit board and controller cable are still plugging along. As soon as I get the samples for the controller shells and buttons will have post pictures for everyone. One thing I was brewing over is if I should have a box for the controller or just sell them without a box. Haven't decided yet. Thank you for your patience.

Literally the post above yours mentions updates are in the first post. Jag forum gonna Jag forum.

Update 04-23-2018

I thought I would post another update. Things are progressing well; however slowly. The biggest part of the project is nearly done the molds for the buttons and controller shells and should be posting pictures of these shortly. The conductive pads, circuit board and controller cable are still plugging along. As soon as I get the samples for the controller shells and buttons will have post pictures for everyone. One thing I was brewing over is if I should have a box for the controller or just sell them without a box. Haven't decided yet. Thank you for your patience.

Ah my apologies, I misread the date as 04/03/18 because it's american style :)

A box for display would be cool. It wouldn't be kept in the box if I got it. The person asking about the box didn't say they'd keep it in the box.

I'd like a bag to put my new bag in please. Once I get my bag home, I'll take it out of the bag and throw the bag away.

• Like 3

Grain o' salt ideas. These may mean renaming the reproductions to "Jaguar Paws" or "Jaguar Paws ProController", which may also make them easier to find on the innerwebs. Of course, this may fall into the realm of feature creep/higher expenses:

post-39941-0-02616300-1524745656.jpg

post-39941-0-85359800-1524745667.jpg

post-39941-0-20381900-1524745679.jpg

post-39941-0-45916400-1524745693.jpg

Jaguar paw clip art: http://cliparts.co/clipart/2312851

"ProController" font: http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/13874?text=ProController

And since free suggestions are free, each box needs a chip that makes a jaguar growl every time the box is opened. :grin:

Sorry, no refunds. :P

• Like 2

IMHO a "display box" is just another useless piece of cardboard that I will flatten and store in a large cardboard box with all the other flattened useless pieces of cardboard.

Or I will chuck it into the recycle bin.

No useless cardboard box for me, thanks.

• Like 3

If I needed the box that badly, I'd go on Ebay. I'm not saying make them as cheaply as possible, but I doubt some AtariAge enthusiast's Reproduction JagPro controllers will have collectors clamoring for the box. It would be worth as much as a cheap, generic NES-compatible joypad box for a model that's a blatant ripoff. Collectors demand the original.

Pragmatic gamers will accept substitutes, especially if it saves them money or improves their games. What is Atari going to to do when we hook up repro JagPros? They could take the Nintendo route and say they are not fixing any busted controller ports, but they don't fix them today anway, even if you used only genuine Atari parts. But most likely they'll say, "People still care about the Jaguar 25 years later? COOL! A lot more popular beyond the grave than in its lifetime."

If you're going to put them in retro retail stores anyway, then yes a box comes naturally to show it as unused. You need to put the UPC barcode somewhere. But if not, if it's going to boost the cost beyond 2 for $120, then if I could, I'd opt opt of the box. I'd accept it if you can keep it in the same price range. Of course if the inner shipping box contains 2 JagPro pads in 2 separate boxes, then this would open retail options to retro game stores. 2 for $120 would be the wholesale price and $75 is the retail price for a single in stores.

• Like 2

Grain o' salt ideas. These may mean renaming the reproductions to "Jaguar Paws" or "Jaguar Paws ProController", which may also make them easier to find on the innerwebs. Of course, this may fall into the realm of feature creep/higher expenses:

attachicon.gifjagpaws1.jpg

attachicon.gifjagpaws2.jpg

attachicon.gifjagpaws3.jpg

attachicon.gifjagpaws4.jpg

Jaguar paw clip art: http://cliparts.co/clipart/2312851

"ProController" font: http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/13874?text=ProController

And since free suggestions are free, each box needs a chip that makes a jaguar growl every time the box is opened. :grin:

Sorry, no refunds. :P

I actually really like these boxes personally.

• Like 2