IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

How many extras are made? I didn't see this news until I was looking up a PS2-> Jaguar adapter in March. If I emailed in late March, am I still on the day 1 list, or are there not enough in back stock? I need to know, so I can either deal a real Atari Jaguar controller to Zophar321, or sell my genuine Atari Jaguar Pro controller on ebay before the release of the repros, while the price is still $150-250 and then save the money ad buy 2 for $120 + $5 shipping.

If i were to predict the ebay market, these controllers will bring the ebay prices down, and Atari brands will just be a little more than the repro controllers, just for the collectable Atari name on the controllers. And I could pick up a genuine Atari Jag Pro for cheaper.

There will be 2000 units made in the initial and likely only run of these made. I personally think that the original ones will hold their value even after the released just because people will always want original equipment. There are plenty for everyone at this time period.

• Like 6

Starwinder, notice I took that back on my post after that. After thinking about it more, I thought that the Atari name would hold it's value and probably if it drops it will be for a week at the most, the exact length of an Ebay auction.

I'll keep my genuine Jag Pad, buy a pair, keep one, see if a friend who owns a Jaguar wants one, and if not, sell 1 repro on Ebay. I can't think of any possible game of 3+ players that can remotely benefit from having 3 Jag Pro pads. So 3 is one too many.

And as we discussed before, pad hacking a Standard Jag Pad for a fight stick works just as well as a Pro pad, so why waste the money when you can wire 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of a standard Jag Pad to the action buttons?

By the way, any retro brewers, planning to make "Going Jag: The Jaguar Party game"? If so, all these games need something to show off unique features, so the 6-finger bomb I mentioned earlier this conversation might be a good minigame that demonstrates the fact that, unlinke Intelliviison, and possibly Colecovision, Arcadia 2001 and the 5200, the keypad is made up of of 12 independent buttons, and not a matricized coded pad, meant to be taken as a unit and having multiple buttons pressed at once would have unpredictable results iike may Intellivison games, where you can either press the joystick one way and any combination of buttons OR one key on the keypad, but not more than that.

When I buy the two repro Jag Pros, I'll have one real and 2 Repros.

Am I right that the only 3+ player games and White Men Can't Jump, and NBA Jam, as well as games you use the Jaglink for?

I know NBA Jam doesn't need a Propad, and if I need another Jaguar, I'll meet up, or use http://www.netrogames.com once someone helps me get it invented.

Does playing White Men Can't jump with a Pro Pad give you an advantage?

If I was wrong about my first question, do any of these other 3+ player games on one machine use a Jag Pro pad as an advantage?

If the maximum you need is 2, I'll check with my only other Jaguar-owner-via-thrift-store friend. If he wants one, I'll sell it for $60 to my friend. Otherwise, ONE REPRO on Ebay unopened on day 1.

I'll keep my genuine Jag Pro Pad, the amount it will go down is slight, but time is short and the rebound will be good and too quick. Plus probably most of today's Jaguar Fans know about this, so I just have to hope enough people will pay $60+ if they don't know about Starwinder's Repros.

Am I right that the only 3+ player games and White Men Can't Jump, and NBA Jam, as well as games you use the Jaglink for?

I know NBA Jam doesn't need a Propad, and if I need another Jaguar, I'll meet up, or use http://www.netrogames.com once someone helps me get it invented.

If I was wrong about my first question, do any of these other 3+ player games on one machine use a Jag Pro pad as an advantage?

If the maximum you need is 2, I'll check with my only other Jaguar-owner-via-thrift-store friend. If he wants one, I'll sell it for $60 to my friend. Otherwise, ONE REPRO on Ebay unopened on day 1.

I'll keep my genuine Jag Pro Pad, the amount it will go down is slight, but time is short and the rebound will be good and too quick. Plus probably most of today's Jaguar Fans know about this, so I just have to hope enough people will pay $60+ if they don't know about Starwinder's Repros.

Wow. Just wow.

• Like 2

This just makes me think (something I've thought for a long time) that Basket Brawl needs to be revamped as a Jaguar game! Game kicks ass on the Lynx. I need to give it a try on the 7800.

If only there was some way of knowing the answer. Oh wait, there is. It's in the first post where all the updates are posted.

Thanks man. As you may have read, a new email was being provided than the one in the first post. I don’t want to miss out so I’m gonna ask the question.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone remark about the pictures of the controller shell/button samples now viewable on the first post. I am impressed, the detail looks sharp. It appears that the shell is fiberglass reinforced, is that what the final product will look like or will it have the same texture as the original ABS?

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone remark about the pictures of the controller shell/button samples now viewable on the first post. I am impressed, the detail looks sharp. It appears that the shell is fiberglass reinforced, is that what the final product will look like or will it have the same texture as the original ABS?

The top picture of the controller shell is the official prototype, the bottom one was a rough design aid. The final product will be like the original with the texture made out of ABS plastic.

Not at all, just email me at Starwander@Comcast.net with your name and email address and I will send you an email when they are ready to purchase.

Thanks man. As you may have read, a new email was being provided than the one in the first post. I don’t want to miss out so I’m gonna ask the question.

This is in the first post:

Update 06-06-2018

Since these are getting a lot closer I wanted to make sure that I have everyone down that is interested. If you sent an email previously please send one to me personal email address as well Starwander@Comcast.net just so I can make sure you are on the list.

This is in the first post:

Update 06-06-2018

Since these are getting a lot closer I wanted to make sure that I have everyone down that is interested. If you sent an email previously please send one to me personal email address as well Starwander@Comcast.net just so I can make sure you are on the list.

Most people read the most recent posts. The stuff on Post #1 is for the newcomers to the thread. I never saw the email, thinking read the latest posts. If the update are on Post #1, it might get ignored if you read just the most recent posts. Maybe Starwander should have updated it (and actually did) BOTH within the thread at the most recent point as well as the beginning. I see more updates within the conversation at the most recent point, as well as updates at post #1.