IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

I noticed that too, but you've got to ONLY use it at the tightest turns to use it well. So to avoid spinning out you, press for a half second, let go, tap, tap, tap, repeat until straight. There no way you can win WITHOUT the drift at all. You just have to use it in right situations. I find that a good thing. Mario Kart in comparison abuses drifts with speed boosts and your only penalty is a little loss of control in the drift, whihc you can mitigate with practice. So much so that there's almost no such thing as a non-drift turn. You can win agains the computer up to the 100 cc level without drifts. Atari Karts: no chance without the L/R.

I don't know if I said it couldn't be beaten without the spinout buttons, but I (as opposed to ONE) couldn't beat the first level without the "spinout" buttons. The spinout buttons helped me a lot. You just can't overuse them.

But, when it was current, as a rental, I was able to beat 100 cc without the Drift in Super Mario Kart, except for the special cup, that's when i had to use the L/R.

EDIT: I checked. I did say "you", meaning anyone. What I meant was I.

Then again, it might be weird to beat 100 cc SNES Mario Kart without L/R. Most people would say THAT'S impossible.How do I know? I usually "hold" the contorller by putting it on the ground and do the index/middle finger press, and not use L/R unless I have to.

Edited by tripletopper

Then I guess we're both in agreement, SNES Mario's L/R was wonky but required for later levels. Some people can beat Atari Karts without using L/R, but, assuming you don't rely on them 100% of the time, but use it selectively, then they are more handy for Atari Karts for beginners than than the SNES Mario Kart L/R.

By the way, does anyone recognize any of the "characters" besides Bentley Bear if Atari Kart is is your only Jaguar Game? Are most of the other characters from Jaguar Titles?

Atari hasn't been known for characters, Most games had either sticks, or square balls, or generic cowboys, or generic ships. I guess if you were going to make Atari amiibo-like characters, I'd name the Centipede form Centipede "Hector" for 2 reasons.

One, Hector is a play on the metric prefix "hecto-" Greek for 100, and means 100 of the base unit stated. "Centi-" is Latin for 100, and mean 1 part per hundred of a base unit.

Two, there is a legendary NPSL indoor soccer player called Hector Marinaro, who was a college goalie, and through out his career became more and more offensive, moving to defender, then midfielder, then forward, to the point of being the leading goal scorer in indoor soccer. In close games, he's usually chosen to be the sixth attacker, which is basically a goalie (the guy who's allowed to use their hands in the defensive goalie box) who goes out of the goalie box and helps on offense. (outside the goalie box, he's like any other player). And less like outdoor soccer where you almost never see a defender score, you have to be a "two way player" in indoor soccer because there's only 6 of you in a smaller area.

For Clevelanders, he's the pre-Lebron James, wining the only 3 Cleveland championships between the 1964 Browns and the 2016 Cavs (oaky there's the 2016 Monsters, but that's minor league hockey, there is a higher level above them, the NHL. For indoor soccer there is no higher level, but there was an equal competitor league.) 1994 was the big party year. 1996 and 1999 were the other 2 championship years. The Crunch's 1994 championship clinching game went into 2 overtimes in front of the home crowd, after a being severely behind at halftime, and was considered in the top 10 all-time games played in Cleveland professionally by the Plain Dealer.

And it would be kind of funny that a centipede with "a hundred legs" would be named after a Soccer player, a sport that, except for the goalie, is all legs. ;)

Edited by tripletopper

This is true. It is supposed to make you drift better but if you hold them for over a second you just spin out. Lame!

Can't agree with you on this one, guys :)

If you spin out while using the shoulder buttons you're doing it wrong.

The "handbrake turn" adds to the playability imo, is very useful in short quick turns and fun to use.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, are the Jag Pro Controller Reproducitons ready to buy? I heard it has been approved and just needs to be shipped> An ETA on the shipment?

No they are not finished yet. We found another issue and it has been solved. The controllers are being produced currently. As soon as they ship to me I will let everyone know and start collecting payment.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Gave it a bump I don't think the update on the first post has been noticed:

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:02 AM
Update 10-10-2018
The controller shells, buttons and silicone pads are all finished for the 2000 controllers. 
Waiting PCB boards and controller cables and can move to final assembly. 
I made a website to handle the orders. 
You can order now and I will ship the controllers when they are ready. 
I will ship in the order received. https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/

EDIT: order placed. Looking forward to it.
https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/

• Like 1

Anyway, are the Jag Pro Controller Reproducitons ready to buy? I heard it has been approved and just needs to be shipped> An ETA on the shipment?

Yes you can start ordering them now if you would like and I will ship in the order they are received. They will be in my hands by the end of the month.

• Like 4

Great news. Just had a quick look on the page. Are controllers sold separately now? I was under the impression we were supposed to get two. Has this changed now? I was planning to buy two anyway but just interested.

Thanks.

The page says "lot of 2" so, no.

• Like 1

The page says "lot of 2" so, no.

OK they must have updated the page since then because at first I was able to select one for 60, then I selected two and three result was 120 dollars. Now if you select one in the dropdown it is at 120 directly. Well doesn't really matter, was just wondering.