IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

I just ordered mine! I thought I was on a list but whatever. Cant wait to try then!

You are I just made a website for order processing to help make it manageable for me. I will be sending out a mass email for everyone on the list to go to the website and order as we get closer to the delivery date.

• Like 2

You are I just made a website for order processing to help make it manageable for me. I will be sending out a mass email for everyone on the list to go to the website and order as we get closer to the delivery date.

Ah cool, thanks for the clarification! Order placed. [emoji1360]

So do those of us that preordered need to order again from the website?

Mitch

The pre-order list was to get a list of people so I can contact them when the project was finished. You will need to pay for the controllers before they are shipped hence the website. Sorry about the confusion.

The pre-order list was to get a list of people so I can contact them when the project was finished. You will need to pay for the controllers before they are shipped hence the website. Sorry about the confusion.

No problem, I just wanted to make sure that if I bought it from the website it wasn't going to screw up your pre-orders.

Mitch

I guess I should be happy I found one pro controller for $20 back in 2003. That was a good deal.

Considering the fact I only have 2 Jaguar games, Atari karts (which I found for $1 in 2003) and Cybermorph, which came with the system when I bought it for $50 in 2002, and considering the fact that the Jaguar was a purchase to diversify my collection, and considering I don't play it much, and even more rarely find a second player to play Atari Karts, and considering the fact that I have to buy 2, and would probably sell one, and have to deal with complainers on ebay if they notice there is no Atari Logo on it, and knowing more suply drves the price down, I think I will pass. I said i would reserve earlier. My brother said it would be too risky to buy 2 for 125, sell one and get a sale on one that goes for $75 or more, and I may have to take it back if they notice the lack of an Atari Logo.

Oh well, I can hope the extra supply brings the price down on the Jag Pro controllers on ebay. Maybe in terms of collectability, the Re-pros will be less desirable than the genuine Ataris, and I can buy "just One" for less. I don't know how many people will only require ONE Jag Pro controller, so there MAY be a rush to sell a Jag Pro controller from someone else who only wants one.

Besides, let the bigger Jag fans get in on it. I can probably live without a second one, considering my first paragraph.

Maybe I'll jump in on November 3rd when I get some more money, and see what the ebay market does in between then. I'm not a big enough Jag fan where it makes sense for me. But I'm glad they're out, and I'm glad true Jag fans can get them.

There are 1000 pairs, and only 300 pairs need to be pre-ordered to break even. So there are 600-700 pairs left that are unspoken for. I can wait.

I guess I should be happy I found one pro controller for $20 back in 2003. That was a good deal.

Considering the fact I only have 2 Jaguar games, Atari karts (which I found for $1 in 2003) and Cybermorph, which came with the system when I bought it for $50 in 2002, and considering the fact that the Jaguar was a purchase to diversify my collection, and considering I don't play it much, and even more rarely find a second player to play Atari Karts, and considering the fact that I have to buy 2, and would probably sell one, and have to deal with complainers on ebay if they notice there is no Atari Logo on it, and knowing more suply drves the price down, I think I will pass. I said i would reserve earlier. My brother said it would be too risky to buy 2 for 125, sell one and get a sale on one that goes for $75 or more, and I may have to take it back if they notice the lack of an Atari Logo.

Oh well, I can hope the extra supply brings the price down on the Jag Pro controllers on ebay. Maybe in terms of collectability, the Re-pros will be less desirable than the genuine Ataris, and I can buy "just One" for less. I don't know how many people will only require ONE Jag Pro controller, so there MAY be a rush to sell a Jag Pro controller from someone else who only wants one.

Besides, let the bigger Jag fans get in on it. I can probably live without a second one, considering my first paragraph.

Maybe I'll jump in on November 3rd when I get some more money, and see what the ebay market does in between then. I'm not a big enough Jag fan where it makes sense for me. But I'm glad they're out, and I'm glad true Jag fans can get them.

There are 1000 pairs, and only 300 pairs need to be pre-ordered to break even. So there are 600-700 pairs left that are unspoken for. I can wait.

So here is where the confusion is. It's 60 dollars for two controllers, not 60 dollars each? We're so used to spending 60-70 dollars for the PS4/Xbox that I guess most of us thought that was the case.

They are sold in pairs only unfortunately. At $120/pair. In the time since these were getting worked on I scored a real one at a store for $20. I haven't found much use for the extra buttons and prefer the feel of the regular controller.

But for those who don't have one (or 2 in this case) then $120 for the pair is a deal!

As if my 4 original Pro Controllers weren't enough... I'm in for 2 more!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1) I know of only 2 games that use 4 Jag controllers of ANY kind: NBA JAm and White Men Can't Jump.

2) Though not a strict requirement, as I can two-finger a Regular Jaguar controller for NBA JAm, some people may feel more comfortable with a shoulder button on NBA JAM, so having 4 mihgt be jsutifiable.

3) The maximum number of player you need on One jaguar is 4 players.

4) Do I smell a professional retro game store owner or an ebay speculator buying 2 Re-Pro Jag-Pros? ( I don't know, my sense of smell is non-existent but I can smell bleach and harsh chemicals. Someone says that is more of a feel within my nose than a smell.) I know it's technically none of my business, and don't really expect an answer, but there's nothing wrong with someone stocking a cheap alternative to the Jag-Pro to sell for a profit.

4) Do I smell a professional retro game store owner or an ebay speculator buying 2 Re-Pro Jag-Pros? ( I don't know, my sense of smell is non-existent but I can smell bleach and harsh chemicals. Someone says that is more of a feel within my nose than a smell.) I know it's technically none of my business, and don't really expect an answer, but there's nothing wrong with someone stocking a cheap alternative to the Jag-Pro to sell for a profit.

Me? Certainly not. I much prefer the feel of the Pro Controller, so it's just a matter of keeping a few (more) extras in the closet while they can be acquired relatively cheaply by comparison. Who knows what I'll end up doing with them, but selling any controllers isn't on my radar. I don't want to detail this thread too much though, so I'll just say that I'm happy that more people will have the opportunity to purchase Pro Controllers at more affordable prices.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 controllers: Gauntlet II

3 controllers: Rampage, SuperSprint (WIP)

Aren't those "homebrew prints" meaning they weren't retail cartridges and/or discs when the Atari Jaguar was considered a "current" system, and only came when the access code 64020141 (which in 7 hexadecimal-digit code was 3d0dead) was tried and published as a way to easily make homebrew Jag games.

I wasn't implying those weren't the only more-than-2 player games, just all the "current brew" titles.

By the way, does Super Sprint use the rotary controller, and is that considered an Atari title or a Midway title? (those 2 companies inter-mingled along with Bally and Williams and Warner Bros. so it' a complicated history.)

Aren't those "homebrew prints" meaning they weren't retail cartridges and/or discs when the Atari Jaguar was considered a "current" system, and only came when the access code 64020141 (which in 7 hexadecimal-digit code was 3d0dead) was tried and published as a way to easily make homebrew Jag games.

Wow. Yes. It was 'that simple' :)

And you said "games" - don't post clarify now ;)

• Like 6

... and would probably sell one, and have to deal with complainers on ebay if they notice there is no Atari Logo on it, and knowing more suply drves the price down, I think I will pass. I said i would reserve earlier. My brother said it would be too risky to buy 2 for 125, sell one and get a sale on one that goes for $75 or more, and I may have to take it back if they notice the lack of an Atari Logo.

WTF.

• Like 5

So here is where the confusion is. It's 60 dollars for two controllers, not 60 dollars each? We're so used to spending 60-70 dollars for the PS4/Xbox that I guess most of us thought that was the case.

They are $60.00 each and sold as a pair for $120 dollars plus shipping.

No problem, I just wanted to make sure that if I bought it from the website it wasn't going to screw up your pre-orders.

Mitch

Nope not at all, however you will probably get an email still later on indicating they are out still and ready to order. Thank you for asking.

• Like 1