IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

Jesus Christ, man...

You've only got 2 Jag games, which you apparently play rarely.

You can live without 2 player Atari Karts.

Just don't bother.

That's exaclty what I said. I can hope that the re-pros on resale actually go for less than the $60 each fr retail, plus adding to the fact I can buy one. I might partake in one iat quantity one for a less price.

Plus it's even rarer I'll find a 2UP for Atari Karts for more than a 5-minute curiosity.

I agree it's just not worth it for me. And I'd fell bad if i deprive a controller from someone who can use 2. But if iI had either a) more Jaguar games, b) or a second player who wanted to partake in Jaguar Pro conroller games more, I'd pick one up. Most of the fans who write here, they "go to the party Jag" more often than I do. Knowing how what goes around comes around, I would feel like a wasteful hoarder by buying 2 and selling one, just to have one which goes against the spirit of the reproduction. And there's probably something rare I want, and knowing my luck, would be taken by ebay hoarders. Gaming equipment is primarily meant to be enjoyed, not stored and hoarded.

I should just be glad I have one genuine Jag controller.

Also in addition to playing Atari Karts, it represents a bargain hunter's sport trophy of the thriil of the sport of the ebay and thrift store hunt. I still have my story of how I found one "not labeled as a pro controller", spotted it, bought it now for $20 when they retailed for $80 in 2003.

Obviously, most of you are bigger Atari Jaguar fans than I am. You should love what you collect. I loved the first Jag Pro controller enough to unlock Atari Karts, but not enough to share irt with an elusive hard-to-find 2UP at these prices (which is THANKFULLY WAY CHEAPER than ebay OEM Jag-Pro prices)

If I were richer and didn't have my fight stick project I was working on or had more Jaguar games that can use it and a 2UP, I'd take one and my chances on selling the other on ebay.

Enjoy.

Finally, I tried to convince my only Jaguar owning friend to go in halves and split them one apiece. He sad no. He has other priorities, and not just video game priorities.

I think something needs to be said clearly:

The intended audience for homebrew products (hardware or software) are players, those who will actually use and enjoy the stuff.

Collectors may or may not be a secondary target audience.

But speculators definitely aren't.

From experience, I can tell you that homebrew developers are definitely not sympathetic to people who make profit off reselling their work while providing no useful service.

I'm a reverse speculator. I'm hoping enough speculators come through, enough to clear the inventory, but not enough to deny authentic Atari Jaguar players first, then collectors second, their desired Jag Pros. Then they'll panic and garage sale, and that's when I'll swoop.

Also reverse speculation is a lot cheaper than positive speculation. If I'm wrong, it costs me nothing. If I'm right I'd, buy my second Jag Pro at a way cheaper fire sale price.

And I'm enough of a player to know the "ludo value" of a second Jag Pro. i wouldn't probably be here if I didn't find Atari Karts for $1 loose at Slipped Discs in Brunswick, then did research and found the Pro Controller shoulder button info. If I didn't find Atari Karts for $1, and bought a Jaguar a year before then, I'd probably ignore this.

I just hope the high market prices are driven more by collectors and speculators than players. If players truly desire it, and the market STILL isn't in balance after a supply shot in the arm., it will remain high. If collectors want it for its sheer rarity or speculators buy low sell high, and if they reject the Jag Pros as inauthentic, Starwinder made a small, but acceptable profit catering to true Jag fans, who get equivalent equipment for less, a few people (other than me) in my sitch who just need one will sell one of the 2, and then we'll see if the collectors and speculators truly reject the Re-pros. If they do, then Satrwinder did a good thing by making copies of equal "ludo value" that are more affordable than the "trophy copies".

.... suggestion ... ignore it anyway.

I believe quite a few on this thread are wishing it OR that either of the 2 preconditions there never happened.

I kind of made a word to Starwindr, so it's up to him to release me. That was before I was double thinking the ebay prices going down. But I got a solutoin. If I can't up sell it, I know a firend who alos has a Jaguar> I could give it to him for Christmas if it doesn't upsell, or I can forget about upselling and give it as a gift to my Jaguar-owning friend. That is if Starwinder wants to hold me to my word and he considers it goash to sell one and make a profit against his intentions. I would keep one of them.

They're like Lays Potato Chips. Betcha can't have just one. :)

...and considering the fact that the Jaguar was a purchase to diversify my collection...

Just wanted to highlight that this is a great approach that more people should take to heart. You don't want to put your entire collection in one, proverbial, basket. It exposes your collection to too much risk. Diversification is key in any video game portfolio.

• Like 7

My advice...get Doom, avp, Wolfenstein, Missile Command 3D, Iron Soldier, Defender 2000, Primal Rage, and more Im probably forgetting, including homebrews. Even if they arent specifically Pro-Controller enhanced, they do benefit from it.

Having two Pro-Controllers isnt even a bad thing. Like any pads they may end up breaking down over time. One of my Pros is a bit finicky with one of the buttons...now I have two more originals and two of these on order in case any do break down :D

Additionally, they could serve as a great base to build the ultimate arcade parts joystick with 8 full size buttons and a number pad plus a spinner if desired. I did that over 20 years ago by gutting an original controller and the soldering and wires required involved some rather convoluted and messy positioning of wires. Using a pro pcb would be much simpler...

Having two Pro-Controllers isnt even a bad thing. Like any pads they may end up breaking down over time. One of my Pros is a bit finicky with one of the buttons...now I have two more originals and two of these on order in case any do break down :D

I believe Starwander mentioned selling the conductive rubber contact membranes separately as replacement parts to fix worn controllers, hit him up by email/PM and see if he can accommodate.

Ordered a pair today, been admiring the progress on this project from day one. Looking forward to holding the end result.

I kind of made a word to Starwindr, so it's up to him to release me. That was before I was double thinking the ebay prices going down. But I got a solutoin. If I can't up sell it, I know a firend who alos has a Jaguar> I could give it to him for Christmas if it doesn't upsell, or I can forget about upselling and give it as a gift to my Jaguar-owning friend. That is if Starwinder wants to hold me to my word and he considers it goash to sell one and make a profit against his intentions. I would keep one of them.

They're like Lays Potato Chips. Betcha can't have just one. :)

Im disgusted. I really am. I have no words. My standards are pretty low..... But you sir.... No no no

Purchase has been made! Very excited to receive the final product. Now if only some kind soul would list every game that benefits from these new controllers. I know a few but I'm not sure I have the complete list.

Thanks very much to all the people who helped make this happen! You have my sincere and most heartfelt thanks!