IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

I was afraid of that. My own projects have been pretty small-scale by comparison, but there have been many times when people have contacted me to say "right on, dude, put me down for one!", only to disappear or mysteriously stop responding to PMs when the time comes to actually follow through with a purchase.

I think it would help if we could spread the word to those who haven't been following this thread. Many of those on the original preorder list may simply be unaware that the controllers are now available.

That was my thought behind getting peoples email address so I could notify them when the controllers were finally done.

I imagine many people will be returning to complete their purchase in the coming weeks and months. Also as more awareness builds you'll end up getting purchases from people who randomly find out about the controllers and never put their name on the list (like me).

Indeed you are likely correct. I suspect this will be especially true when people test them out and find out they are very high end and sturdy.

I got mailed twice, to the same address - If you are counting sent emails that might account for some of them.

I also didn't order as myself, but bundled it with someone else's order to save on postage - but I have ordered.

Good point however I am counting actual units sold vs. numbers spoken for through the pre-order list

I wonder if some people are waiting until a few people get them and confirm they perform as good as the originals?

My guess is after a few positive reviews, they will go fast! I know when I made the rotary controllers, sales went thru the roof after I got a few positive youtube reviews.....

You are on a different level, but I know I plan on buying at least 2 more once I get my first set and play test them.

That was my thought behind getting peoples email address so I could notify them when the controllers were finally done.

That was a good idea, too. Even those who are interested might easily miss updates to the thread.

I just posted a notice in the Status Updates; hopefully that will help to raise awareness. I won't speak for Albert, but I'm sure there's at least a possibility that the controllers could be listed in the AtariAge store, so you might consider reaching out to him after he returns from PRGE.

Thank you again for undertaking this project!

This is bad news but how do you know they flaked out? Did they message you that they won't order? I'm just asking because for example I ordered a few days ago but if I hadn't and would do it tomorrow or next week, how would it be supposed to be accounted as flaked out or not...

In any case this is such a cool thing and really not expensive. People come on, fill your orders!

Hardly anyone ever has the courtesy to come out and say 'No thanks I changed my mind.' I'm sure for a lot of people they're waiting on a paycheck (or a couple of them) before they can afford the pair, and a lot of unexpected expenses can come up in the span of a year.

Many more buyers would readily jump in at just buying one controller but that would just cut into Starwander's ability to move the rest.

I love this project, it's super ambitious and I have to extend much respect to the fact that no funds were taken in early before the product was ready. Crowdfunding just feels greasy to me.

After this run of 2000 is out, will there be plans to produce another run or will this be it? I suspect people could be taking it for granted that the things are going to be manufactured indefinitely now that the molds have been made, or maybe they're hoping knockoffs will start popping up on Ali Express.

• Like 3

I get that $120 US plus shipping is a fair bit of coin (especially shipping outside the USA) but c'mon people, if you said you were interested, get out your credit card and pay up.

The price isn't all that much more than the average homebrew cart release for the Jaguar.

Well, if they're still available by Novedmber 3rd, then I'll sell my extra Colecoviiosn console only, (no power or joysticks) and see if I can get a decent bit for it. If that happens to add up to a decent bit, then I'l buy 2 Atari Jag Pro Re Pros.

I got a message from Starwinder saying "If I decide to order them, whatever I do with them is my business." So If I order them, I'll see if I can get $60+ for one. If I do, hurray for me! If I don't, I've got a friend who owns a Jaguar who might want a little Christmas gift, who, as far as I know, owns Zero Jag Pros, Atari Brand or otherwise.

I promise I will clearly state that this is a retro enthusiast's small run mass produced reproduction who made an agreement with Atari to continue supplying the retro market. I'll tell them if you search hard enough, you can find them elsewhere. One of the terms of the agreement was that everything is genuinely accurate according to the patent (which is expired, hence legal) except for one small indicator, a lack of an engraved Atari Logo on the controller. (which is still under renewed copyright protection, hence, why it's not there.) I'll mention I'm not trying to pass off a reproduction as a genuine, and is mainly for game players who don't want to keep pressing keypad buttons when 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are more easily reachable as L, R, Z, Y, and X. Those looking for genuine Atari units should go elsewhere.

And I'll tell ebay buyers that this is a singleton from the original producer who only sells them in pairs. I already have one Pro Controller, and for all games, the most you really need is 2 controllers ,except for one game, NBA Jam TE, which a) is not a strict requirement for the operation of the game, but could be comfortable if not two-fingering it, and b) is available for other systems including SNES, Genesis, Playstation 1, and Saturn. Soi if you already own one, and don't need to buy 2, tis might be your auction.

I'll put a minimum to make it worth it, but no maximum, but would be worth it relative to a genuine one.

Well, if they're still available by Novedmber 3rd, then I'll sell my extra Colecoviiosn console only, (no power or joysticks) and see if I can get a decent bit for it. If that happens to add up to a decent bit, then I'l buy 2 Atari Jag Pro Re Pros.

I got a message from Starwinder saying "If I decide to order them, whatever I do with them is my business." So If I order them, I'll see if I can get $60+ for one. If I do, hurray for me! If I don't, I've got a friend who owns a Jaguar who might want a little Christmas gift, who, as far as I know, owns Zero Jag Pros, Atari Brand or otherwise.

I promise I will clearly state that this is a retro enthusiast's small run mass produced reproduction who made an agreement with Atari to continue supplying the retro market. I'll tell them if you search hard enough, you can find them elsewhere. One of the terms of the agreement was that everything is genuinely accurate according to the patent (which is expired, hence legal) except for one small indicator, a lack of an engraved Atari Logo on the controller. (which is still under renewed copyright protection, hence, why it's not there.) I'll mention I'm not trying to pass off a reproduction as a genuine, and is mainly for game players who don't want to keep pressing keypad buttons when 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are more easily reachable as L, R, Z, Y, and X. Those looking for genuine Atari units should go elsewhere.

And I'll tell ebay buyers that this is a singleton from the original producer who only sells them in pairs. I already have one Pro Controller, and for all games, the most you really need is 2 controllers ,except for one game, NBA Jam TE, which a) is not a strict requirement for the operation of the game, but could be comfortable if not two-fingering it, and b) is available for other systems including SNES, Genesis, Playstation 1, and Saturn. Soi if you already own one, and don't need to buy 2, tis might be your auction.

I'll put a minimum to make it worth it, but no maximum, but would be worth it relative to a genuine one.

What is special about November 3rd? Just order them now, otherwise they might sell out and then you will be SOL. Put them on your credit card if you're waiting a couple weeks for payday at your job or something.

You should double check with SW and make sure selling them on ebay is okay. To break even you will need to sell them at a higher price point then you paid for them due to ebay and paypal fees. This might look like you're attempting to flip them at first glance.

Also, why don't you want 3 or 4 total controllers to take advantage of the multiplayer games for the jaguar. Don't forget about the multitap adaptor, which allows for some 4P worms action each player with their own controller. Why limit yourself to only two controllers.

"My original plans to try to re-make the Atari Jaguar CD system after this as such are now on hold."

I hope this changes, would love to get another JagCD, they are too expensive on eBay.

I hope this changes, too, and I already own a JagCD! With optical media on the way out, who knows how long the necessary components will be available. Making a new JagCD would open up new possibilities for homebrew publishing, and would also bring the potential opportunity to improve upon the original. Imagine a JagCD which was more reliably compatible with CD-R discs ... or even better, a "JagDVD" which could also use the increased capacity of DVD media!

or even better, a "JagDVD" which could also use the increased capacity of DVD media!

We have nothing that requires a full CD worth of data yet. This would also need a new BIOS to be written, and does nothing to the horrible lack of the 4mb ROM space available.

• Like 2

Ordered mine earlier in the week. My PayPal account has a different email address to my preorder email address. I put my preorder email address on the order though to help tie them together on your end.

Just mentioning as this could be the case for some other people too.

Ordered mine earlier in the week. My PayPal account has a different email address to my preorder email address. I put my preorder email address on the order though to help tie them together on your end.

Just mentioning as this could be the case for some other people too.

Same here. In any case, I can totally understand Starwander's frustration. Hopefully, most of the users who expressed interest will eventually get their pair. On the other hand, I was actually waiting for everyone who expressed interest to order before promoting the store through my network (as units are limited), am I allowed to do so already?

Kind regards,

Hardly anyone ever has the courtesy to come out and say 'No thanks I changed my mind.' I'm sure for a lot of people they're waiting on a paycheck (or a couple of them) before they can afford the pair, and a lot of unexpected expenses can come up in the span of a year.

Many more buyers would readily jump in at just buying one controller but that would just cut into Starwander's ability to move the rest.

I love this project, it's super ambitious and I have to extend much respect to the fact that no funds were taken in early before the product was ready. Crowdfunding just feels greasy to me.

After this run of 2000 is out, will there be plans to produce another run or will this be it? I suspect people could be taking it for granted that the things are going to be manufactured indefinitely now that the molds have been made, or maybe they're hoping knockoffs will start popping up on Ali Express.

It is unlikely I will be making another run after this one. Its quite expensive making a run of 2000 controllers with the cost of assembly, parts and shipping.

Edited by Starwander

Same here. In any case, I can totally understand Starwander's frustration. Hopefully, most of the users who expressed interest will eventually get their pair. On the other hand, I was actually waiting for everyone who expressed interest to order before promoting the store through my network (as units are limited), am I allowed to do so already?

Kind regards,

Yes advertise away