IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

@starwander

Did you receive the "loot"?

All of a sudden I feel the need to "play like a Pro" :grin:

Not just yet. The packages were shipped and they are currently in transit to the US. I was told they would be arriving on Monday and if that is the case they should arrive shortly after that. Once they are in my hands I will up date this thread and start shipping them out as fast as possible

• Like 9

@starwander

They should give you a medal for even attempting this, seriously, I really hope you get your investment back and then some ....

Agreed! Props to you and everyone who takes the time, money, risk, and effort to make something!

We really do appreciate it!!!

Disappointing, but I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who are still waiting on the fence until they see pictures and reviews from the first round of buyers. I fully intend to at least post a mini-review.

I suspect that there are a lot of people waiting for reviews. To be blunt, I pre-ordered, but I was really reluctant to do so without any reviews from a third party. As far as I can tell, no one has actually played with one of these yet.

Edited by ls650

I suspect that there are a lot of people waiting for reviews. To be blunt, I pre-ordered, but I was really reluctant to do so without any reviews from a third party. As far as I can tell, no one has actually played with one of these yet.

While I'm not exactly third party, I have been using the very first re-pro test unit sent to me earlier this year non-stop as my primary Jaguar controller and have beaten the living shit out of it (unintentionally so) and it has held up like a boss.

Has bounced to the hard wood floor from waist height desk side dozens of times due to my current test environment and fumbling around where I sit as I have a bad habit of just lying it on the edge in front of my CRT. The first few times I was worried and chuckled that it's probably good for testing but not good that I keep dropping it, now when it happens I don't even worry or think twice about it - just sweep it right back up and continue on. Curse words usually follow because it hits the floor but that's my own fault haha... and I'm not kidding, it has landed onto the floor dozens of times. No chips, cracks, etc. and has been working as expected since I've had it so definitely no worries there.

Probably have logged about 100 hours on it as I do a ton of testing and it's a keeper. Definitely never want to go back to the original controller and words can't describe just how stiff and awful the original one feels after being spoiled by this new pro-controller. It's truly a night and day difference but I guess everyone will notice that right away who doesn't have one already or have never used one before.

• Like 9

Has bounced to the hard wood floor from waist height desk side dozens of times due to my current test environment and fumbling around where I sit as I have a bad habit of just lying it on the edge in front of my CRT. The first few times I was worried and chuckled that it's probably good for testing but not good that I keep dropping it, now when it happens I don't even worry or think twice about it - just sweep it right back up and continue on. Curse words usually follow because it hits the floor but that's my own fault haha... and I'm not kidding, it has landed onto the floor dozens of times. No chips, cracks, etc. and has been working as expected since I've had it so definitely no worries there.

It's not a true test until this:

post-39941-0-86726100-1541754645_thumb.jpg

Or even the first post:

Update 11-08-2018

I must apologize to everyone that is waiting. Shipping is taking forever for some reason. Much longer than any package I have received before. I am working with the logistics company and my contact who sent them to get everything sorted out. Fear not they will be here eventually however it is just taking some time. As soon as they are in I will update this and ship them ASAP.

Wow, how awful is it that so many haven't followed through on their pre-orders? It's a huge financial risk for one guy to take up a project like this. Anyone who pre-ordered but didn't pay ought to be ashamed, not just for hurting this project, but for discouraging the next guy who might want to undertake a similar venture.

Hopefully the bulk of the non-payers just haven't had a chance to place their order yet, or are unaware that the time has come. I know it's easy for me to say, but these controllers will probably sell out before too long, whether or not it's the original customers who buy them. And if nothing else, Starwander could probably sell them via ebay. (Yup, even without the Atari logo.)

I should probably go ahead and order the second one of my non-pair to keep up with how I'd say I'd order two, but had only ordered one when he first opened it at 1 per 60. :P I'll make sure everyone else has one that wants one maybe? Since I don't really have a need for 3 pro controllers (I have an original one already).