IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

Also, contrary to popular belief, my collection doesn't sit on a shelf. I play the hell out of the games and create DOOM Addon ROM packs, which never ends.

I just finished my latest 12 map rom last night and will be using these exclusively to test levels on real hardware starting tonight. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I also received my controllers in the mail yesterday! Very quick shipping so thank you!

I had never really held a Pro controller in my hands before so I wasn't preparred for how different they feel in the hand as opposed to the stock controllers. They are thinner. I've not actually plugged one in to play anything on it yet, but I did notice that the keypad buttons seem to stick in a bit when pressing down on them? Like they don't always pop right back up? Is is actually creating a vacuum against the PCB when pressed down sometimes? Were the rubber pads made with indentions along the sides to prevent that? I'm only asking since I don't want to crack these open. But that has been the only downside I've noticed upon initial inspection.

• Like 1

perhaps tiny holes might be needed to let air back in or air channels routed / cut... due to difficulty with order system I went from one of the first to like 200 something in the list. who has the highest order number? It is also possible you have a one off where the plastic wasn't fully cleared out or polished and there is a slight rub?

I am betting mine will arrive perfectly. like others have received.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Mine just arrived - I wont be able to test until after the Holiday but upon first inspection they feel nice. The shoulder buttons click is an improvement IMHO. D-Pad feels tighter and the keypad to me is more responsive. The fire buttons feel the same which is not a problem.

Only 2 things could make these better - add a spinner and thumb stick :D

Great job on these!

• Like 1

I was skeptical of these after backing a N64 controller project and receiving what IMO is a cheaply made POS, but the OP did a real nice job on these. I am impressed. I don't have a fancy review, but I would say if you are thinking of getting these, just do it. Otherwise in a year you'll be saying, "why didn't I buy those when I had the chance?" Treat yoself.

• Like 4

I've received the two that I ordered and they are great in every way except one rather important one. The dpads are... terrible.

On both units the dpad is unpleasantly stiff and offers little feedback - in fact at least one direction on each pad offers zero feedback at all.

I've compared them to my own pro controllers and jagpads and and even a brand new standard jagpad and I can honestly say that I'd never use these new pro controllers compared to every single controller I have because of the dpad. I'm rather disappointed. : /

I've received the two that I ordered and they are great in every way except one rather important one. The dpads are... terrible.

On both units the dpad is unpleasantly stiff and offers little feedback - in fact at least one direction on each pad offers zero feedback at all.

I've compared them to my own pro controllers and jagpads and and even a brand new standard jagpad and I can honestly say that I'd never use these new pro controllers compared to every single controller I have because of the dpad. I'm rather disappointed. : /

That's interesting because I played quite a few games with them and the DPAD on mine are the best of any Jag controller I have ever used. They're not stiff at all but firm and responsive. Did you actually try playing with them or was this just an opinion you got by your initial unboxing? I'm puzzled by this. Granted I have never owned an official Pro pad but I have had many standard Jag pads as well as that God forsaken boomerang and this one is by far the BEST. Not only was the DPAD more responsive and firm (not stiff) but all of the other buttons are more responsive too. The only things that grabbed my attention were the loud clicking of the L and R triggers and the back part that rests against your hand sticks out more and has more of a square curvature. But I like the clicking L and R triggers because they feel great and I asumed the back part sticking out was just a replica of the official pro design so didnt matter

I played around with one of mine for a bit and the only issue I noticed is that the XYZ buttons seem to require you to press them a little hard. If you have a light touch, you can press them so the button goes to a seemingly pushed down state, but it doesn't register. You gotta be a bit mindful and make sure to give it just a little something extra. The Y button in particular is worse about that. I've noticed it with Z a bit too though. I haven't tried my other new controllers and I never used an original Pro so I can't say how it compares or if that issue with this one is a fluke. I much prefer this to the original 3 button pad though. Everything feels nice. The buttons feel nicer. Never really cared for the squishy feel of the ABC buttons on the original. And the L and R clicks on these are so satisfying. Really grateful Starwander did this.

Sounds like poor conductivity in the button membranes, if anything is to blame within the scope of quality control.

I was scheduled to get my order (#59) on the 19th, but it was apparently delayed. Maybe tomorrow, I'll post my impressions then.

If you haven't tried them with a game yet please try to them. If still not happy with them please message me and I will send you a return label.

• Like 2

Also, contrary to popular belief, my collection doesn't sit on a shelf. I play the hell out of the games and create DOOM Addon ROM packs, which never ends.

I just finished my latest 12 map rom last night and will be using these exclusively to test levels on real hardware starting tonight. :thumbsup:

Gonna share the love? Ha, I still want to take my two Doom cartridges and put new ROMS in them with the patched network code at the very least. Would be cool if we could have a process for those that own the Ultimate Doom pack on steam to download the wads and burn them to use in the Jag.

• Like 1

I got mine a few days ago and was unable to try them out til last night. I think they feel fine. I haven't compared them side by side with my pro, but I'd say their comparable at the very worst.

However, I am only able to test out one of the "new pro's," as I can't get the other to plug into either controller socket. I have a pro and four original controllers, and I've never had a problem connecting one. It doesn't look like a bent pin or anything obvious, and the controller that DOES attach is also a little tricky to fit.

Has anybody else had this problem?

I received my first pair of controllers today as well. I've only had time to put them through the briefest of play tests, but as a one-time owner of an original Pro Controller (which I've since sold), I am VERY pleased with the quality of these new controllers. I had no difficulty getting the pins to fit, in either port or with either controller, and the buttons feel exactly like the originals. The shoulder buttons have a loud click—very much like a mouse button clickbut they did on my original Pro Controller as well, so this doesn't bother me. The D-pad surface is smooth and shiny, as opposed to the slightly textured original, but this is such a minor difference that it hardly seems worth mentioning. I don't notice any significant difference between the feel of this new D-pad and the original Pro Controller's D-pad, and it's certainly an improvement over the feel of the stock controller.

Three cheers to Starwander for undertaking this project! Highly recommended!

• Like 2

I've not actually plugged one in to play anything on it yet, but I did notice that the keypad buttons seem to stick in a bit when pressing down on them? Like they don't always pop right back up? Is is actually creating a vacuum against the PCB when pressed down sometimes? Were the rubber pads made with indentions along the sides to prevent that? I'm only asking since I don't want to crack these open. But that has been the only downside I've noticed upon initial inspection.

I have noticed the same thing on both of my controllers. The keypad appears to have been a bit of an oversight and the buttons are very sticky. With that said, everything else feels top notch.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk