IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

Ive wanted to know for a long time, but this has tipped me over the edge...what on earth do you do for a living Saturn? Something must fund these Jag purchases lol.

Do you collect other consoles / computers? Although the Jag is probably one of my bigger collections, I have to balance it with getting games and peripherals for about 30 or 40 other consoles and computers (and handhelds).

Edited by skip

Import/export lol. The cops don't like that particular description but... :lol:

Kidding, lots of oil in these parts :cool:

I used to collect for 17 systems but lost interest in them for the most part. Still have all the crap but it's locked away. Jag has taken over completely and when these controllers became a possibility I was beside myself. LOVE the feel of these compared to the originals so went all in. The originals aren't bad by any means but these are just so damn good.

• Like 3

Finally tried my controller and experienced a super mushy, sometimes unresponsive d-pad. I'll have to crack it open and swap it around like was suggested. No connector issues at least, fortunately.

I've never used an original Pro Controller but I do like the shape and the face buttons feel pretty good.

I have tried out both of my pro controllers now. One for my jaguar, one for my programming projects using virtual jaguar on a windows 7 laptop with the raphnet adapter. They both work like a dream and have improved my gameplay. Very satisified. Last played 'power drive' and 'pinball fantasies'. They work great. Was going to go skiing and snowboarding with val d'isere but ran out of time and anyway we have no snow yet. <lol>. Can't see myself using an original non pro controller any time soon and would like to recommend these new ones to any jaguar owner. No modifications or alterations were needed. No rattling plastic. No bent pins. Worked straight out of the box. Thankyou Starwander for time and expense spent on creating these.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried out both of my pro controllers now. One for my jaguar, one for my programming projects using virtual jaguar on a windows 7 laptop with the raphnet adapter. They both work like a dream and have improved my gameplay. Very satisified. Last played 'power drive' and 'pinball fantasies'. They work great. Was going to go skiing and snowboarding with val d'isere but ran out of time and anyway we have no snow yet. <lol>. Can't see myself using an original non pro controller any time soon and would like to recommend these new ones to any jaguar owner. No modifications or alterations were needed. No rattling plastic. No bent pins. Worked straight out of the box. Thankyou Starwander for time and expense spent on creating these.

Much appreciated your feedback and support, thank you

• Like 1

The pro-controller is really the best controller with a keypad. I would like to see an adapter or hacked controller made for the ColecoVision and Intellivision as well as the 5200. A lot to ask, so I would be happy with one for now. I don't think it would work for the INtv because the dpad would not be 16-way.

Yeah, 5200 adapter would be great. I found on some random site someone selling modified Jaguar controllers for use with the 5200. But I think an adapter would be best. Too bad most Jaguars are missing the analog bits, because I think it would be great to play Battlesphere with a 5200 stick, though that might be hard with only the 2 buttons.

• Like 1

I received mine back in November but I am going through a divorce and was just moving in to my new place. Now that my life has settled (a bit) and I got a RetroTink for my new TV I broke these out for my Jag. The pins are out of alignment on both. On the first controller, one pin bent completely as I was trying to get it in the connector. When I tried the next controller it wasn't going in either so I backed off. My OG pro-controller and standard pads don't have any issues. Thinking of swapping the cables with those of a standard pad. Otherwise the look good and feel comparable to my Atari pro-controller. Just wish I could play them.

Edited by atariLBC

I received mine back in November but I am going through a divorce and was just moving in to my new place. Now that my life has settled (a bit) and I got a RetroTink for my new TV I broke these out for my Jag. The pins are out of alignment on both. On the first controller, one pin bent completely as I was trying to get it in the connector. When I tried the next controller it wasn't going in either so I backed off. My OG pro-controller and standard pads don't have any issues. Thinking of swapping the cables with those of a standard pad. Otherwise the look good and feel comparable to my Atari pro-controller. Just wish I could play them.

The pins are easy enough to bend in the right position. Many here have wrote about it. Why don't you try that first before you try to change the cables and make another controller unusable in the process? Seems a lot easier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you do a second run of these, would be a buyer if you could make a few in the power pad color scheme, ie atari grey and blue buttons....

From earlier in the thread, it sounds like more will be sold via Atari Age. Now if they decided to do more colors, it'd be cool. Though I already have a Power Pad, the only real difference between it and the normal Jaguar controller is the colors, the cable is shorter and thinner, and the 'feel' is a tiny bit different.

From earlier in the thread, it sounds like more will be sold via Atari Age. Now if they decided to do more colors, it'd be cool. Though I already have a Power Pad, the only real difference between it and the normal Jaguar controller is the colors, the cable is shorter and thinner, and the 'feel' is a tiny bit different.

I already have a bunch of jagpads, and 2 propads. and 1 powerpad. I just cannot motivate myself to buy more jagpads, that's why I asked.

Who knows, it's only plastic, maybe we can have a few different color combinations next time around? The other remakes of shells and whatnot has succesfully introduced new colors... and I like the Atari grey... lol

Indeed I highly recommend buying from Albert directly here at Atari Age. Great fellow and great website and I am very happy to support him however I can.

• Like 1

Indeed I highly recommend buying from Albert directly here at Atari Age. Great fellow and great website and I am very happy to support him however I can.

I believe a lot of the people who asked to be added to the list did not follow through with a purchase and the extras in the AtariAge store are unsold product from the first run.

I'm not all that techie myself, but I was having an issue while pressing left and having it respond with up, so I took the controller shell apart and tried adjusting the tightness of the screw holding the PCB for the DPad, as well as straightening the board, but didn't get results. For some reason my other Pro controller, when plugged in, will completely bypass a CD loading and go straight to the memory track plugged in every time. I'll get it figured out eventually, until then it's the ol' three button.

I'm not all that techie myself, but I was having an issue while pressing left and having it respond with up, so I took the controller shell apart and tried adjusting the tightness of the screw holding the PCB for the DPad, as well as straightening the board, but didn't get results. For some reason my other Pro controller, when plugged in, will completely bypass a CD loading and go straight to the memory track plugged in every time. I'll get it figured out eventually, until then it's the ol' three button.

That is either A or C is held down, can't remember which.

• Like 2