IGNORED

Cart storage ?

Jim Pez

To me it depends on if they are for my collection or for storage to be sold/traded later. The ones to be sold/traded I just keep in a regular box with a lid.

For my collection I made some storage boxes out of old plywood. These are old pics and I now have only room for about 20 more carts. The rare or HTF ones are now in the resealable plastic bags and they still fit in the rows.

post-36757-0-88826500-1510240879_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-65518800-1510240882_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-24914600-1510240884_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-77390500-1510240885_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-07162700-1510240887_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-01341600-1510243757_thumb.jpg

post-36757-0-39209200-1510243758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 3

Some really suspect part of my brain wants to put all the Poker & Blackjack, etc. in the green felt box, all the Sports titles in the blue one, Action in the red... Why? WHY?!

I know, I did it that way to start with and it did not seem to look as good, I understand your insanity completely.

I added my spare cartridge box to the post.

As one of the few collectors of mostly loose carts, nothing beats just using standard shelving (bookshelves from Ikea, etc). As you add/remove games/spares, you can easily just slide them around as needed. Old cassette tape storage units are a pain in the ass if you have a 200+ cart collection, and you get a new spare Astrosmash (or what have you). Either that, or you're leaving large gaps in your storage for years, for whenever you find the remaining games.

To each their own, but I've got ~2500 carts for various systems and NOTHING beats the flexibility of just lining them up on their sides, and filling row after row of shallow bookshelves. Especially units that allow you to put a shelf *anywhere* - you can easily double the storage capacity of a unit this way, given how short carts tend to be.

That's not the one I was talking about, but I do actually have that one. I use it for my loose Digiplay carts:

Digiplay games (as Of 04-2015)

This is the Savoy case I was talking about:

Savoy Video Game 32

I store white labeled carts in it:

INTV Inc, Loose white label carts

I also found this old instrument case at work. I think it used to hold a pH meter or possibly a conductivity meter:

Blue Instrument Case 1

It's pretty much open inside, so I just store extra carts:

Blue Instrument Case 2

Speaking of work, I use empty micropipettor tip cases for loose carts too:

Finnpipette Tip Cases

• Like 4

what a deal bid is at just over 10 dollars , they want 50 dollars to ship that to Canada.. Im wondering what does it show for shipping within the US..

Better to look for That ? ;) instead of This ? at 50 dollar shipping fee.. :)

They want $16.73 to ship to me (~3400km). Looks like you're around 4100km. Crossing that border is pricey!