IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2017 Thread

Grig

Participation is down this year from the previous two years.

I wanted to do it again, but due to infrequent internet access and just now seeing the thread, I missed it.

I definitely think making the thread more prominent would increase participation for next year.

Technically, I suppose a Secret Santa thread could be opened in September with a good two months for people to sign up and send their info to the maintainer. The only risk then is that participants have dropped out from the forum before shuffle and the event goes alive.

Hopefully I'll have the last items tonight so I can begin to pack and ship ASAP due to international packages take a little longer.

It was on the front page for a while.

Not everyone checks every forum section regularly. I found Secret Santa Last year due to the adpsace that was occupied by Free Play Florida this year. I suspect returning a link to Secret Santa in that space next year would help.

Technically, I suppose a Secret Santa thread could be opened in September with a good two months for people to sign up and send their info to the maintainer. The only risk then is that participants have dropped out from the forum before shuffle and the event goes alive.

Agreed on the risk factor- two weeks signup time really is plenty as long as the thread gets properly advertised (and possibly sticked to the top of the forum). If anything, it'd be nice to see the signup/partner assignments run a week earlier, so shopping time is bumped up from 2 weeks to 3. As it stands, a simple mailing snafu could really throw someone's contribution off. That's just my take, though.

Incidentally, my gift is officially mailed now!

Edited by HoshiChiri

I completely missed the thread this year, I just found it today by searching the forums.

Grig if anyone else has also been a "late comer" this year throw me into the hat for that person.

If not then next year I will be sure to search for the thread in early November.

In any case, have a great Secret Santa this year gang! I hope you get some neat stuff and give some even neater stuff.

The most important thing of all however, you took a moment out of life to think of someone else... and that my friends is just what this country needs today.. A moment to think of others..

• Like 1

Technically, I suppose a Secret Santa thread could be opened in September with a good two months for people to sign up and send their info to the maintainer.

This definitely. To give an idea, my local Legion already started with football pool boxes for Superbowl. You need to give time for participants to join. Also, front page advertising with a link to the thread would certainly be helpful. I recall SS being posted on the front page in the past as well.

Got my package today from HoshiChiri! A very nice selection of stuff -- a really well done Pac-Man arcade cabinet ornament, some candy, a weird penny, a new copy of Avengers on Blu-Ray, and a book with the reprinted Swordsquest (original) and Yars Revenge comics! Thanks for all the awesome stuff!

Also despite the awesome packing job that was done, the little joystick on the ornament broke. No biggie -- a little tape to put it back on for now, I'll superglue it later.

post-24464-0-92934500-1512849244_thumb.jpg

post-24464-0-09299300-1512849274_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 8