IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2017 Thread

Grig

Your Secret Santa is happy that you like your gifts.

I still have my Beamrider perler bead art on my desk from last year's Secret Santa. I've received but haven't opened this year's Secret Santa package yet. I've been putting in over 70 hours a week at my current job and am waiting until sometime this weekend to open it when things slow down a little.

• Like 3

I got my Secret Santa in the mail yesterday- couldn't open it until this morning since I pulled a double shift yesterday. (Yes I know today is still early!)

IMG 0002

Four new games- good thing I have some spare Atari box protectors! I'm especially happy about Stampede. There had been a copy at one of my local shops, but it burned down before I bought it. Nice to have a copy! It's also my first Activision title for intellivision, and my first US Games title in Commando Raid. :grin:
I dig the steel penny set. I still find these once in a great while in the till at work, but S mint coins aren't easy to come by!
Who could ever be unhappy with a giant pile of candy? I'm gonna pour the reese's pieces and the M&Ms together most likely.
The shirt threw me for a bit- I don't often see Sanrio characters I've never at all heard of. I did a quick google on Aggretsuko, and based on her Wikipedia entry... I kinda want more. :P And yes, the shirt does fit!
So thank you very much, my unidentified Santa! (Come to think of it, my Santa from last year never revealed themselves... *shrugs*)
  • Like 5

Looks like I won't get my gift until after Christmas. Santa absolutely isn't to blame. Apparently the USPS in their infinite wisdom decided to sit on the package for a couple of days before kicking it out of the Houston distribution center, just long enough for it to arrive after I've left town for the holiday. I'm sorry that I won't get to see it and show it off before Christmas, but whatever it is, rest assured Santa has my thanks and appreciation. :)

• Like 2

It officially Christmas Eve here!!!

I really scored an awesome haul from my Secret Santa!! The best cap ever. A cool joystick tester (I have plenty to test) Awesome CDs. Various controllers. I've never had one of the Epyx controllers and never knew what I was missing!! What a GREAT controller!! Been using it on my Vic-20 which I just got working a couple weeks ago, and speaking of Vic-20, the modem I now have will work on it!?! I watched some recent Youtube videos of people connecting a Vic-20 to the internet!! How cool is that!!?? Thanks again S.S.!!!

post-544-0-99921200-1514094779_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I received my box a couple of days ago, I just didn't get a chance to post. I don't know if there is anything wrapped inside, so I am not opening it until Christmas. It's nestled nicely under my (YUUUUUGE) Christmas tree.

It's in there, I swear... :ponder:

post-27318-0-70761400-1514117504_thumb.jpg

Thanks Secret Santa!!!

It officially Christmas Eve here!!!

I really scored an awesome haul from my Secret Santa!! The best cap ever. A cool joystick tester (I have plenty to test) Awesome CDs. Various controllers. I've never had one of the Epyx controllers and never knew what I was missing!! What a GREAT controller!! Been using it on my Vic-20 which I just got working a couple weeks ago, and speaking of Vic-20, the modem I now have will work on it!?! I watched some recent Youtube videos of people connecting a Vic-20 to the internet!! How cool is that!!?? Thanks again S.S.!!!

That is an awesome haul! A Vic MODEM, that rocks!

Looks like I won't get my gift until after Christmas. Santa absolutely isn't to blame. Apparently the USPS in their infinite wisdom decided to sit on the package for a couple of days before kicking it out of the Houston distribution center, just long enough for it to arrive after I've left town for the holiday. I'm sorry that I won't get to see it and show it off before Christmas, but whatever it is, rest assured Santa has my thanks and appreciation. :)

Oh nooo! That's not nice of them. :( Can't you pick it up at the distribution center? I've done that before with my packages when they show they "arrived at distribution center". I just call and ask.

• Like 2

I received my box a couple of days ago, I just didn't get a chance to post. I don't know if there is anything wrapped inside, so I am not opening it until Christmas. It's nestled nicely under my (YUUUUUGE) Christmas tree.

It's in there, I swear... :ponder:

attachicon.gifDZ Christmas Tree.jpg

I love the train you have set up around your Christmas Tree!

• Like 1

I love the train you have set up around your Christmas Tree!

Thanks! I do that every year, for the past 10 or 15 years. It's our tradition. When we had kittens, they used to chase the Lego train around. Now the surviving elder one, just stares at it from under the tree. The same, I suspect, will happen with our grandchild: right now, at three years-old, she runs around the tree jumping up and down all excited like our kitten used to do. Someday I guess she'll just sit in the sofa with us, all grown up, staring at it go round and round. One can only wish for such things. :)

Merry Christmas!

-dZ.

• Like 2

Oh nooo! That's not nice of them. :( Can't you pick it up at the distribution center? I've done that before with my packages when they show they "arrived at distribution center". I just call and ask.

I probably could have had I thought of it. The Post Office's website didn't show the package as delayed at the distribution center until the day it was supposed to have been delivered. By then I was in the middle of other Christmas plans.

Thanks! I do that every year, for the past 10 or 15 years. It's our tradition. When we had kittens, they used to chase the Lego train around.

You just can't go wrong with kittens at Christmas.

• Like 3

After all the wait... finally... today is the day!!!

It's Christmas, and I'm having a wonderful time!

Behold! The loot from my dear Secret Santa...

post-27318-0-46913500-1514212814_thumb.jpg

Got some of my favorite stuff: Gold Fish Crackers and Slim Jim! (my guilty pleasures :))

There's also a little Lego car kit and an Atari 7800 cartridge: The Big Burrito.

Here's everything neatly presented...

post-27318-0-10171800-1514212823_thumb.jpg

And here's the loot, once more, in it's proper context...

post-27318-0-71532800-1514212843_thumb.jpg

Now I have to get myself an Atari 7800 to try out that game... :ponder:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

TO MY SECRET SANTA -- Whoever you are!!!

post-27318-0-04153400-1514213085.jpeg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!

• Like 7