IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2017 Thread

Grig

I'm home! And you know what that means? Yes, it's finally time to tear into my Secret Santa's package!

But wait!

post-6115-0-45422100-1514870032.jpg

You mean I have to wait a whole 'nother year to open this thing? Yeah...

post-6115-0-41045600-1514870054.jpg

...screw that!

The first thing that hit me when I opened the box was that it didn't just look Christmas-y...

post-6115-0-12238700-1514870229.jpg

...it even smelled Christmas-y! My mother insists on a real tree every year, and this year was no exception. Getting an extra whiff of that Christmas tree scent helped my holiday spirit last a wee bit longer this season.

post-6115-0-95692600-1514870453.jpg
post-6115-0-19670400-1514870463.jpg

This may well be my most favorite card of the year.

Speaking of family traditions, my family usually empties their stockings after opening presents, but here I decided to rebel and open the stocking first!

post-6115-0-20346300-1514870611.jpg

Lots of new treats to sample! Thank you, Santa!

Needless to say, I didn't hesitate much longer to tear into that Santa wrapping...

post-6115-0-58564900-1514870769.jpg

I love-love-love the shirt! Thank you! And I'll take the Pac-Man game to work and make everyone think someone brought an arcade machine. :D

Even before I opened the box I had a hunch who my Santa was, and I was right! So I'll say...

Awesome! You get a second Christmas! :lol:

Indeed I did! Thank you again for everything!

Since my Santa has been revealed, I figure it's only fair that I expose myself...

https://youtu.be/TpU_JngJ1EI?t=157

...ahem. Sorry. Moving along...

So thank you very much, my unidentified Santa!

You're very welcome! :)

• Like 6

You mean I have to wait a whole 'nother year to open this thing? Yeah...

Hahaha! No, no, no, no, no, no!!! :lol: Sorry for that! :rolling:

Indeed I did! Thank you again for everything!

Awww! I am so happy you enjoyed your present. I truly looo- :lust:- :lust:-ooove Christmas! And I enjoy giving presents and bringing joy to others as much, if not more, as getting my own loot! :)

I didn't mean to toot my own horn, I just forgot that it was meant to be anonymous until after I put everything together. :dunce: DOH!

Man, I sweated and agonized as I saw the package being delayed until after Christmas... :_( Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Time!

Thank you, Grig, for organizing this. I am already looking forward to next year's AtariAge Secret Santa... I think I'll start counting the days! :ponder:

-dZ.

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Better late than never, right?

I finally got back home and opened my Secret Santa gifts last evening.

I received a bunch of great gifts! An Old School Gamer magazine, Swordquest Comic, A Frogger Vinyl Figure, a Mini Tiki, a "Bucky F*cking Dent" book that looks hilarious, a bunch of Kit Kats, and 2 of my favorite movies from the 80s!

Thank you so much Secret Santa! I LOVE MY GIFTS!

Best regards,

Trem

post-11172-0-67126000-1514997624_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyway, I have now re-ordered my not so secret Santa gifts since they refused to show up in the first place, and have been promised they'll be here by next Thursday so perhaps this story will come to an end finally.

(Customer support might be the only thing Amazon has going for them. The shopping and delivery parts of the whole experience are rather unimpressive to me)

All's well that ends well. Instead of Christmas, I received this on Valentine's Day from my Secret ... well, it still is Santa, though I wouldn't mind a personal delivery from Christina Hendricks.

post-5454-0-54580900-1518617763.jpg

Actually I did receive an empty, padded envelope that either had ripped open during transport or someone had cut it open to steal the contents. After contacting the post company, they had no obligations except they could speak on my behalf towards the sender and since I was already promised replacement books delivered by priority UPS instead of the regular post company, I leave it up to Amazon if they want to file a claim.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone else here picking up things they think others might like and stuffing them in the closet? I am catching some really nice clearance deals at work and I got my hands on a couple of gaming pieces that I put aside for SS 2018!!

Man I have so much awesome stuff lying around that I rarely actually buy anything. My "scary room" (That's the name my wife gave it) looks like a mall toy store from the 80s!!

Edited by moycon
  • Like 1