IGNORED

JagZombies

WAVE 1 GAMES

I don't know how hard this would be, but how easy would it be to have the image change as they're flying through the air? IE: make it look like they're blowing up.

Wouldn't change the math, you'd just be changing the graphic.

Not to sound too gruesome but surely they would split apart and fly off in multiple directions and there would be blood spatter everywhere. For those outside a certain proximity of the blast area they would catch fire but continue to troop forward?

Not to sound too gruesome but surely they would split apart and fly off in multiple directions and there would be blood spatter everywhere. For those outside a certain proximity of the blast area they would catch fire but continue to troop forward?

Hahah... well, it certainly would.

I was just thinking what could be a reasonable change that wouldn't require any significant programming logic.

Within the same loop that flags that the entities should fly off the screen, they could just do as a certain iteration of x and y are reached... like a count of 2, the graphic changes to one where you see a little blood, or part of the body ripping apart. Then i++ two more times and now there's big chunks... and i++ two more and it's just a red spray. Heh...

• Like 1

Holy crap, this looks awesome! Nice job all around and especially got a kick out of the zombies flying off the screen during that huge explosion. :lol:

Just skimmed through the 3 pages of comments so not sure this has been addressed OR if YouTube is to blame for the appearance of the relatively quick cursor movement, but if I may make a suggestion when it comes to the controls using the regular Jag pad... be nice if the default cursor movement was a little on the slow(er) slide, from what we're seeing on YT anyway, but pressing one of the three buttons on the reg. pad or shoulder on the pro, enables quicker movement. Like what some mouseless or paddleless breakout games allow. Just think having speed options like that is the best compromise when it comes to digital controls IMO.

Please keep up the good work! Looks fun and look forward to purchasing when finished. :)

Now all we need is a light gun for the Jaguar ;)

Don't worry, Jeffrey is on top of that. Surely you heard of his design that involves taking an optical mouse apart, putting in a stronger laser and putting it all in a NES Zapper so you get a red dot on the TV. Simple as that.

• Like 3

Holy crap, this looks awesome! Nice job all around and especially got a kick out of the zombies flying off the screen during that huge explosion. :lol:

Just skimmed through the 3 pages of comments so not sure this has been addressed OR if YouTube is to blame for the appearance of the relatively quick cursor movement, but if I may make a suggestion when it comes to the controls using the regular Jag pad... be nice if the default cursor movement was a little on the slow(er) slide, from what we're seeing on YT anyway, but pressing one of the three buttons on the reg. pad or shoulder on the pro, enables quicker movement. Like what some mouseless or paddleless breakout games allow. Just think having speed options like that is the best compromise when it comes to digital controls IMO.

Please keep up the good work! Looks fun and look forward to purchasing when finished. :)

Already on that movement thing. ;)

post-45896-0-38926300-1510943588_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Don't worry, Jeffrey is on top of that. Surely you heard of his design that involves taking an optical mouse apart, putting in a stronger laser and putting it all in a NES Zapper so you get a red dot on the TV. Simple as that.

Actually I didn't know about that, lol. Sounds sweet. The only thing that could be better is if someone managed get the Sega Menacer or Nintendo Super 6 working with the Jag. :)

312000734.jpg

Nintendo%20Snes%20Scope%20SNSP013%20_z3.

A= Reload

Oh, thought the foot pedal or off-screen cursor shot took care of that. Kidding! lol

Well, maybe it's just me, but I think A as a quick speedup option might be better. Pausing for a sec as your fingers glide across the keypad to reload, might be a better compromise. Just thinking out loud. :)

I would personally consider a Doom approach to weapon selection, pressing keypad numbers. Failing that, have a variety of alternative weapons (flamethrower, shotgun, rocket launcher, grenade launcher etc) and have the ability to swap between the Special Weapon and main weapon on C, then B as a fire, double tap A to reload? It might be better if A slowed the cursor though, and C reloaded, giving the weapon selection to the number keys... It would then necessitate the Overlay (although I'd have one anyway based on how good the design is!)

Edited by LianneJaguar64

A= Reload

You should probably have to do something more than that to re-load. I mean, can you reload a gun in the time it takes to press B?

How about picking 2 random numbers - display them, and have to enter those on the number pad to re-load. That's about the mental time required.

You could also make it a bit Myst-like. After a street is cleared put up direction arrows. Then you can have a small town you can wander around in.

• Like 3

You should probably have to do something more than that to re-load. I mean, can you reload a gun in the time it takes to press B?

How about picking 2 random numbers - display them, and have to enter those on the number pad to re-load. That's about the mental time required.

You could also make it a bit Myst-like. After a street is cleared put up direction arrows. Then you can have a small town you can wander around in.

I like those ideas! I think the direction arrow idea is cool, a Google street view type movement effect through the Zombie world would look great.

I like the sound of both of those things, but maybe a random number (although comparable games like Virtua Cop just have you pressing a button - that seems to work well :) ) but the explorable town sounds great, maybe even throw a couple of puzzles in haha

I like the sound of both of those things, but maybe a random number (although comparable games like Virtua Cop just have you pressing a button - that seems to work well :) ) but the explorable town sounds great, maybe even throw a couple of puzzles in haha

A zombie apocalypse adventure game around a town. Yep, that could be fun.

Just a video of me playtesting the current build while listening to some reggaeton. Nothing more to show here than that.

added random health pickup and more zombies for the first level.

Here is the ROM build for you guys to try out. Don't worry there is no Don Omar in the game lol

jagzombies.abs

jagzombies.rom

I almost forgot, press OPTION to start the game from the title screen

• Like 1