IGNORED

JagZombies

WAVE 1 GAMES

Well I'll have to release a cart containing the copyrighted music and inspired visions of John Cages 4'33".

How about you release the SD thing instead? I think that would be more useful and helpful in producing better homebrew games.

I would have absolutely LOVED to have made JagZombies an SD game

And what makes you think I haven't been working on stuff...

Would it have fixed the underlying gameplay? Or would it just have been used for more background levels?

More space would mean more assets yes. But the entire time I was working on it I couldn't help but think "damn this needs to be SD"

1.5 MB per level would have meant better resolution zombies and better backgrounds.

Well, I wasn't going to do this but recent events make me feel obligated.

Full disclosure, Jeff sent the binary and source code to 'get help'.

Here is a raw, unedited video of the first play of the game, and the comments I sent him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65RLU8oGtGI

It doesn't work in VirtualJaguar - you cannot press OPTION to start, I had to use a skunkboard (I know why, but for now let us leave it at this)

post-11520-0-54682500-1536101351.png

The gamescreen visibly unpacks *while the gameplay is running* - READY changes speed due to the sudden and dramatic drop in FPS

post-11520-0-05982900-1536101385.png

Timeindex 00:30-00:32 - Try as I might, I cannot position the crosshairs, the controls are totally unresponsive and impossible to aim. I blindly shoot and hope for the best.

The first zombie is not only impossible to aim at, but also has invincible trousers!!!

post-11520-0-93676000-1536101425.png

Tell me I didn't see this within the first minute of playing my new $60 USD game!

post-11520-0-03522800-1536101453.png

I give up trying to aim, and just hold down © to reload and randomly move the dpad around...

After 60 seconds of this, for no reason, the level is over. I'm thinking... wtf? the game is 7 minutes long????

Stage 2 unpacks, again to the screen, and it glitches out again. The level has already started before I can move!

post-11520-0-46196300-1536101491.png

It's impossible to aim. I try to shoot the running guy but can't aim at him, even though he's moving in a straight line.

31 seconds later, it's level 3.... wtf? the game is 5 minutes long????

The stage begins, I shoot to the left of a bat, it explodes despite being missed, into a pile of blood way to the right..

post-11520-0-79660600-1536101522.png

Black bats agains a black background continue to eat my health while I can't see them, and couldn't target them even if I could. I start to wonder why I'm bothering playing.

Then the screen glitches out and I remember I'm supposed to be playtesting, so I note that down to tell you.

post-11520-0-60676800-1536101554.png

Less than 5 seconds later it does it again...

post-11520-0-36089200-1536101578.png

A zombie hides behind a tombstone it is standing in front of!

post-11520-0-09571200-1536101603.png

A few seconds later we're on level 4, for no reason or progression I can fathom. I wonder if it's an endurance game?

It is impossible to kill the zombies in the middle of the screen because the cursor cannot be placed on them.

post-11520-0-62442700-1536101635.png

I am starting to get bored/frustrated with the game. I lost a heap more health here due to being unable to aim and/or hit things.

I lose health trying to shoot the health because I can't aim at it to get more health...

post-11520-0-47298600-1536102198.png

Suddenly and for no reason I'm in level 5. An invincible zombie walks towards me. I empty clip after clip into him and give up.

post-11520-0-06035000-1536101696.png

The wolf appears and takes nearly all my health, I know we can't kill it, but hell, there's no way to block this damage at all! May as well not show it and just take 40 points of health off!

post-11520-0-74122100-1536101728.png

I die due to this and YOU ARE DEAD scrolls off the screen before I can even read it. I only know it says that thanks to the video.

post-11520-0-92037500-1536101757.png

I guess I was waiting to reload when I died, because RELOAD is now flashing on the title screen...

post-11520-0-45066000-1536101789.png

I sigh. I noticed all this within 5 minutes. You've had play testers looking at this for nearly a year? You've been looking at this for nearly a year! How can you not have seen this?

Anyway...

If you aren't mortified at the above and still want help, we can proceed.

-----------------------------

Now, why am I posting this? Well, because for the last week or so Jeff has been dodging comments regarding the game, answering the 'least difficult questions', throwing people under the bus as excuses, and outright lied to the few people in the pm thread who have been trying to help him. During this time, the facebook group he moderates has had at least 3 attacks on 'the horrible folk at AtariAge and Reboot'.

All in all, this has felt like a tactic to delay while people buy more copies of this.

BTW, I played the game twice. The video above is the first run through. The second time I realised you could hold B+C and 'Reload' becomes meaningless. It's 7 minutes long, and you can get to the end by moving left and right along the horizon.

Jeff's coding ability demonstrated in the source files indicates quite clearly that this isn't going to be 'fixed' quickly. He's been told he's looking at several months and a total re-write. He seems more interested in paying his rent. I can't be a part of this any longer and have told Jeff I'm not assisting any more. You can't help someone who won't help themselves.

Anyway, 'Enjoy'... as they say caveat emptor

• Like 9

Well, I wasn't going to do this but recent events make me feel obligated.

Full disclosure, Jeff sent the binary and source code to 'get help'.

Here is a raw, unedited video of the first play of the game, and the comments I sent him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65RLU8oGtGI

It doesn't work in VirtualJaguar - you cannot press OPTION to start, I had to use a skunkboard (I know why, but for now let us leave it at this)

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-42123200-1535014601.png

The gamescreen visibly unpacks *while the gameplay is running* - READY changes speed due to the sudden and dramatic drop in FPS

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-49622900-1535014760.png

Timeindex 00:30-00:32 - Try as I might, I cannot position the crosshairs, the controls are totally unresponsive and impossible to aim. I blindly shoot and hope for the best.

The first zombie is not only impossible to aim at, but also has invincible trousers!!!

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-04654800-1535014885.png

Tell me I didn't see this within the first minute of playing my new $60 USD game!

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-73737200-1535014952.png

I give up trying to aim, and just hold down © to reload and randomly move the dpad around...

After 60 seconds of this, for no reason, the level is over. I'm thinking... wtf? the game is 7 minutes long????

Stage 2 unpacks, again to the screen, and it glitches out again. The level has already started before I can move!

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-48323600-1535015104.png

It's impossible to aim. I try to shoot the running guy but can't aim at him, even though he's moving in a straight line.

31 seconds later, it's level 3.... wtf? the game is 5 minutes long????

The stage begins, I shoot to the left of a bat, it explodes despite being missed, into a pile of blood way to the right..

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-53232500-1535015312.png

Black bats agains a black background continue to eat my health while I can't see them, and couldn't target them even if I could. I start to wonder why I'm bothering playing.

Then the screen glitches out and I remember I'm supposed to be playtesting, so I note that down to tell you.

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-16765800-1535015423.png

Less than 5 seconds later it does it again...

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-11621900-1535015499.png

A zombie hides behind a tombstone it is standing in front of!

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-26638300-1535015590.png

A few seconds later we're on level 4, for no reason or progression I can fathom. I wonder if it's an endurance game?

It is impossible to kill the zombies in the middle of the screen because the cursor cannot be placed on them.

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-27710800-1535015706.png

I am starting to get bored/frustrated with the game. I lost a heap more health here due to being unable to aim and/or hit things.

I lose health trying to shoot the health because I can't aim at it to get more health...

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-11504500-1535015889 (1).png

Suddenly and for no reason I'm in level 5. An invincible zombie walks towards me. I empty clip after clip into him and give up.

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-51012400-1535016018.png

The wolf appears and takes nearly all my health, I know we can't kill it, but hell, there's no way to block this damage at all! May as well not show it and just take 40 points of health off!

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-35405600-1535016075.png

I die due to this and YOU ARE DEAD scrolls off the screen before I can even read it. I only know it says that thanks to the video.

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-48824900-1535016183.png

I guess I was waiting to reload when I died, because RELOAD is now flashing on the title screen...

attachicon.gifmsg-11520-0-15025100-1535016239.png

I sigh. I noticed all this within 5 minutes. You've had play testers looking at this for nearly a year? You've been looking at this for nearly a year! How can you not have seen this?

Anyway...

If you aren't mortified at the above and still want help, we can proceed.

-----------------------------

Now, why am I posting this? Well, because for the last week or so Jeff has been dodging comments regarding the game, answering the 'least difficult questions', throwing people under the bus as excuses, and outright lied to the few people in the pm thread who have been trying to help him. During this time, the facebook group he moderates has had at least 3 attacks on 'the horrible folk at AtariAge and Reboot'.

All in all, this has felt like a tactic to delay while people buy more copies of this.

BTW, I played the game twice. The video above is the first run through. The second time I realised you could hold B+C and 'Reload' becomes meaningless. It's 7 minutes long, and you can get to the end by moving left and right along the horizon.

Jeff's coding ability demonstrated in the source files indicates quite clearly that this isn't going to be 'fixed' quickly. He's been told he's looking at several months and a total re-write. He seems more interested in paying his rent. I can't be a part of this any longer and have told Jeff I'm not assisting any more. You can't help someone who won't help themselves.

Anyway, 'Enjoy'... as they say caveat emptor

You weren't going to do that? You were planning on doing that from the very begining and I already knew it. I just took the gamble so I could get a little more knowledge to help me make better games for my buyers.

You forgot 2 important things

I stopped selling the game so how could there be delay tactics? It has not been listed on ebay since I asked for help.

You also forgot to mention your sick obsession with JSIII and everytime I asked you a question regarding making the game better you wanting me to go on JSIII and remove somebodys comment talk8ng bad about Reboot or AA

YOU also keep dodging my question as to why you are being so controlling vs helpful

As usual you didn't address any of the issues in the post above and deflected. Not unexpected.

1. We specifically asked if any had shipped, you said NO. Oh look, some shipped.

2. Obsessed with JS3? How can you be held accountable? Let's see, you are here peddling your wares and asking for help (and, as you conveniently forgot, got quite a considerable amount of it) while allowing the group you moderate to attack this forum and the very people you are getting help from? How can you be held accountable for that? YOU ARE A MODERATOR.

Anyway, whatever, you got caught out with the usual antics. Own it.

• Like 8

How about addressing the elephant in the room?

Forget CJ for a minute. Since you didn't comment on it, I assume the video CJ showed is a real playtesting of the latest version of your game.

How do you explain that after a year of development and beta-testing, and plenty of "I care very much about quality" statements, your game still has obvious/major bugs and unpolished assets?

And why did you wait until your customers started complaining before thinking about fixing it?

• Like 7

You beat me to it Zerosquare, but I am going to post anyways, just to show that their are people interested in genuine answers, from Jeffery_Bones, to some important questions.

@Jeffery_Bones, Why would you ignore feedback from people who seem to be trying to help you?

And a followup question based on CJ's post that plainly lays out that the game probably shouldn't have been sold to any customer looking to have a at least a half decent experience with your game.

@Jeffery_Bones, Why would you sell a game that obviously needed more work to get it to at least a decent playing experience?

• Like 6

A quick followup. I am genuinely interested in honest answers to these questions, because I completely don't relate to, or understand why someone wouldn't want to listen to feedback on their work in order to make it better, in order to create at lease a somewhat fun experience for the player before releasing a game.

• Like 3

Stop assuming shit. Cj posted his very FIRST playtest of the game. The original game that everyone here has been complaining about . he can verify that. This is NOT the latest version and it doesnt even fucking matter anymore.

How about addressing the elephant in the room?Forget CJ for a minute. Since you didn't comment on it, I assume the video CJ showed is a real playtesting of the latest version of your game.How do you explain that after a year of development and beta-testing, and plenty of "I care very much about quality" statements, your game still has obvious/major bugs and unpolished assets?And why did you wait until your customers started complaining before thinking about fixing it?

Stop assuming shit. Cj posted his very FIRST playtest of the game. The original game that everyone here has been complaining about . he can verify that. This is NOT the latest version and it doesnt even fucking matter anymore.

A quick followup. I am genuinely interested in honest answers to these questions, because I completely don't relate to, or understand why someone wouldn't want to listen to feedback on their work in order to make it better, in order to create at lease a somewhat fun experience for the player before releasing a game.

I did listen to feedback. And am still working on it.

Nice story

No, your 'fixed' second version did all that too. You seemed quite upset we didn't 'approve it for shipping'.

As for improving it...

IF only.

• Like 4

I did listen to feedback. And am still working on it.

Nice story

Story? This is what people are saying when you requested a review of it from a buyer. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271948-jagzombies/page-18?do=findComment&comment=4105190

You can ignore my question about feedback if you want, but I think answering the second question could go along way helping others understand where you are coming from. Reworded to fit your quoted comment

Why would you sell a game that you are still working on?

• Like 5

More like "JaggedZombies".

The concept is there but clearly needs work. I'm not sure if a small radius aim assist that drags the crosshairs toward the head would make it more fun, or just make it too easy. I wish the ghost train was on the tracks instead of the sky.

Lots of great information throughout this thread if the developer is open to listening and can temper emotions.

• Like 1

@Jeffery_Bones, Why would you sell a game that obviously needed more work to get it to at least a decent playing experience?

Ive asked that direct question at least twice. Now three times. Its not a difficult nor accusatory question, yet theres not been an answer to it.

How odd.

Im still curious, thats the one thing I think that needs answering and is somewhat owed to the community and potential purchasers handing over cash for a product.

Edited by skip
  • Like 6