IGNORED

HSC Season 9 - Game 1 - Star Strike

Ignorama

Time is up. This is our final standing (contact me if I missed a score or made a mistake):

1. Ignorama - 5.050

2. Crade - 1.400

3. m-crew - 1.250

4. Intymike - 1.200

5. Robin Hudson - 1.100

6. darthkur - 1.000

6. Gernot - 1.000

8. Mister-VCS - 450

9. Alpha-Male - 350

10. scalpel - 250

11. jblenkle - 50

So now the reveal of my strategy

This statement from the german magazine is quite interessting:

Seltener anwendbar, doch ebenfalls effektiv ist eine Art "Wedeln" von einer Seite zur anderen.

It roughly translated: Rarely usable, but also effective is it to wag from one side to the other.

In fact that is all I did. Let me know how you played the game, but I never gone any milimeter to the left or right, I just flew up and down. In fact it was relative easy to dodge the enemies rockets with it, because the enemies follow you in a perfect line and nearly never hit you, if you just have the right timing to change the direction. This strategy had huge advantages, because first of all most damages didnt bothered me. Slow movement in each direction was the punishment, but I just used two of them, so all the other directions I did not even noticed the damage. Second, the slow fly mode down wasnt really a disadvantage. Its harder to avoid enemies, but its much more easy to fly as down as possible without risking to crash the ship. And last, but not least: When I fly just up and down I am always in a perfect line with the targets on the ground. If I hear the signal its much, much easier to get in position to kill them. May try it out yourself, this methode really is a gamebreaker and it will change the game from incredible hard to tough, but rather annoying than hard, because you depent on RNG, as I explaind a lot in the last two weeks :lol: But with all other methods you depent on RNG as well and do not have the advantages.

That is the reason I said "4 gate game" if you have a Arcade stick. Because it looks like a game you want to go in all directions, but it isnt. Keep moving, but move as little as possible to keep it simple.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

Oh and if you didnt noticed: There is a safety place on the upper end of the screen. If you fly as high as you can enemies can't hit you. Its nice to know, but completely useless since it takes forever for the bomb to fly down and you may even have to throw it before the sound warning, so its imo impossible to time it. But a computer probably could easily go infinite if it just times the exact time for dropping the bomb while beeing untouchable :D

Edited by Ignorama