IGNORED

Official*Video Game Box Protector* Cross Reference & Info Repository Thread

stupus

On 10/13/2022 at 2:51 AM, Evanlor said:

Has anyone figured out a good protector for the Atari Back to School pak?  Thanks!

There is I think a funko pop protector they fit in but its bigger in 2 directions so I ended up not keeping mine in 1 for now.

2 hours ago, KylJoy said:

What about the Dreamcast games Alien Front or Seaman in their cardboard box with microphone?

I have never collected dreamcast so I can't check anything...maybe someone else can offer help. I don't collect all too much of any disc based systems.

6 hours ago, KylJoy said:

What about the Dreamcast games Alien Front or Seaman in their cardboard box with microphone?

I confirm that the Saturn 4mb Vampire Savior protective sleeve does NOT work on my copy of Alien Front Online. It's ever slightly too small.
Would like an answer to this as well. 👍

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KylJoy said:

Anyone know of a box protector that nicely fits the Saturn "Nights into Dreams" controller bundle?

Thank you in advance!

Unironically I used the Atrix L series V2 headphone box. It fits it plus you get a nice pair of headphones for a fair price.
https://www.gamestop.com/gaming-accessories/gaming-headsets/universal/products/atrix-l-series-v2-universal-wired-gaming-headset/309734.html

unnamed.jpg

Atrix-L-Series-V2-Universal-Wired-Gaming-Headset.png

• 4 months later...

It would be great if a place could do custom size box protectors in bulk. I would assume there would have to be some type of market to serve the computer game collector market. I know beyond all of my console game boxes, I have a ton of computer games (bookshelf-style and smaller) that I'd love to similarly protect.

• 1 month later...

I almost dont dare to ask but i couldn't find anything about loose cartridge protectors besides the standard snug-fit. I have about 70 games which do not fit this version, like Imagic, Video Gems, US Games etc... Is there someone who knows which Protector suits these best? And where to get them?? Tried my luck on different websites but nothing found yet...

Rgds

Alexander 

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to find boxes that will hold the newer Atari50 XP boxes.  The front face of the game boxes are the same as the vintage Atari boxes but are a bit deeper.  They measure about 40mm, or about 1.5" deep.

image.jpeg.604be60eaf3aef1c6bd9b0ea8f3f12aa.jpeg

Edited by Trabera
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 9:05 PM, StormyWeathers said:

I almost dont dare to ask but i couldn't find anything about loose cartridge protectors besides the standard snug-fit. I have about 70 games which do not fit this version, like Imagic, Video Gems, US Games etc... Is there someone who knows which Protector suits these best? And where to get them?? Tried my luck on different websites but nothing found yet...

Rgds

Alexander 

I ended up using SNES cartridge protectors, some are off course a bit to long for some carts which are just an inch bigger than the standard but it works for me... Nobody cares anyway but just finishing another loose end in this topic 

Edited by StormyWeathers
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lazzeri said:

It seems that we must find an alternative for Arcadia 2001. The store listed is no longer making those. Sh*t.

Funny you mention this. I just sent ianoid a link for these last night, I found buzz and bingo on Ebay now sells them. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50x-EMERSON-ARCADIA-2001-CIB-GAME-CLEAR-PLASTIC-PROTECTIVE-BOX-PROTECTOR-SLEEVE-/165280168674?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

They also sell the game gear with hang tab I think that fit apf games too.

2 hours ago, lazzeri said:

Hey @stupus!

Have you ever searched for a protector that fits Cassette Vision carts?

(One that fits its light gun is also appreciated! 🙂 )

Nothing too great. I have mine in something but I forget what. Might be the tighter rca s2 game protectors.

Haven't checked the epoch consoles yet. I actually just dug all mine out recently and was going to test different stuff out on them soon ;)

On 8/13/2023 at 9:14 PM, Trabera said:

I'm trying to find boxes that will hold the newer Atari50 XP boxes.  The front face of the game boxes are the same as the vintage Atari boxes but are a bit deeper.  They measure about 40mm, or about 1.5" deep.

I would think the ones I have listed for the fat box Activision games might work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/13/2023 at 7:14 PM, Trabera said:

Just a follow up to my own post.

Katana Collectibles makes clear protectors specifically for the Atari XP50 anniversary series.  I got some and some and they fit nicely!

https://katanacollectibles.com/protector-for-atari-xp-games-in-boxes/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...