IGNORED

Official*Video Game Box Protector* Cross Reference & Info Repository Thread

stupus

12 minutes ago, stupus said:

Yes i think those 2 late releases only had the small box version. And they did make manuals fit too tight. I usually put them on top the game in those....but still tight.

Alright, that’s good. It should fit the protectors then. And as for the manual, did it fit better in the larger boxes?

On 1/1/2020 at 7:46 PM, stupus said:

Yeah, there is what 3-4 boxed ones known? There are alot of things that should probably get a protector first.

Hopefully you can find something close anyway.

I wanted to try and modify some protectors for things that just need 1 dimension changed. But i have not done so yet to see how it would come out.

Do you think there are any console boxes that are similar in size? 

28 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

I’ll measure some things in my collection but I’m not sure. @stupus You’ve got a far larger collection, it would help a lot if you could measure some things as well.

Ok, so I’ve checked items in my collection that looked similar, but I can’t find anything. I have a boxed RCA Studio II on the way, and from looking at the pictures, it just might work. But keep in mind, my collection is fairly small since I mostly focus on obscure systems, so there’s probably a similar console.

34 minutes ago, stupus said:

The rca box is definitely longer and deeper than those dimensions though.....would love a protector for my rca consoles too. :)

I’ll have to do a physical comparison of the RCA and Printer boxes when mine arrives. As for other Aquarius boxes, I agree. How large are the Colecovision expansion module boxes (In particular the one that allows 2600 games to play)? Other than the Super Action Controller set of course.

• 1 month later...

What box protectors are available for sealed Atari 8-bit series 400/800/XL/XE:

I will include and update measurements of sealed boxes as I obtain them and the sources of box protectors. ~ means approximate and usually is from an unsealed or damaged box. The shapes of some boxes may be larger than what you have because I will take the larger measurement if I have more than one to compare.

2 Bit Systems -

Atari Add-A-Pak - The Arcade Champ - Pac-Man Qix Joysticks - ?

Same size???

Atari large black box -

Atari large blue - Telelink I unsealed ~11.25x8.75x1.3125"

Atari large silver box -

Atari medium XEGS blue - sealed - ?

Atari medium gray red - 8.59375x6x.9375" sealed - ?

Atari small black box - 7.5625x5.5x.9375" slightly smaller than Atari small silver

Atari small silver box - These fit the sealed and unsealed Atari small black and silver boxes well

50 Custom Atari Box Protectors Clear Plasitc Boxes Case for CIB Complete Sealed Seller keep_em_minty 0.3mm thick (12mil) Clear PET Plastic Boxes ?Size to fit most variations of Atari 26/52/7800 Games

Atari small blue - Telelink I Same size???

Atari Light Pen 1 & 2 -

Atari Robotron 2084 thick box -

Atari Track & Field -

Atari XE blue box - unsealed ~8.5625x6x.9375", please find a slightly taller one for sealed.

They only fit boxes without cellophane (too short), if they are the same size they sold last year. They fit the sealed and unsealed Atari medium gray red boxes well -> Buzz and Bingos Moon Circus now sells real XEGS box protectors on ebay.

Atari medium gray red - unsealed - Buzz and Bingos Moon Circus now sells real XEGS box protectors on ebay.

Atari Mexico -

Activision -

Big Five -

Br0derbund -

CBS Software -

Chalkboard -

Dana -

Dorsett -

Eastern House -

Elcomp -

Epyx -

Exidy/First Star -

FANTASTIC GAME -

Fisher Price -

Fox Video -

FTe -

Gardner Computing Inc -

Gebelli -

GR8 -

HES -

HSU Software -

ICD -

IDSI -

Imagic - same size as Atari small black and silver

InHome -

K-Byte -

Koala - Koala Painter

LJK -

Micropulse -

MPP -

MultiSoft -

Orion Micro Sys. -

OSS - Some are 8-7/8"X5-7/8"X1-5/16"

Parker Brothers -

Pronto -

Protronic -

Ravensburger -

Roklan -

Romox -

TigerVision -

TG Software -

Sar-an -

Scarborough - MasterType more than one size?

Sega -

Sirius -

Sirius/Fox Video -

Sierra Online -

Softmark -

Spectravision - Gold Mine

Spinnaker -

Stimultech -

Synapse -

Thorn EMI/Creative Sparks -

Video 61 - 8.75"x6.125"x1.0625"

Walling -

From the first post...

Will this fit the Atari 8-bit series as well?

"The Track and Field box that was packed with a controller will fit nicely with just a very small amount of wiggle room in the Super Smash Bros WiiU protector here:

http://www.retroprotection.com/Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-Special-Edition-Box-Protector-280.htm

This will also fit the Keyboard controllers box and the driving controllers box. However it is about 1/2" thicker than these 2, but looks very good from the front view.

*EDIT: I just found out today these are also an excellent fit for the Star Raiders big box set! ;)

*EDIT: I also found that the standard 2600 protectors from retroprotection will not quite fit the 20th Century Fox 2600 games. But the ones from videogameboxprotectors which are slightly larger will."

Will these fit the Atari XEGS boxed that are sealed in cellophane?

The ones I bought last year from them are too tight (too short) if the boxes are sealed in cellophane.

"ATARI XEGS:

No perfect protector for these, but they are almost the same size as the Vic 20 cart boxes and they will fit in the Vectrex protectors. Good on height and thickness but about 1/2" too wide.

Available here: http://www.retroprotection.com/Vectrex_c71.htm

*EDIT: (8-30-19)

Buzz and Bingos Moon Circus now sells real XEGS box protectors on ebay.

Available here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153240610668

They also will fit Vic 20 game boxes but are very tight on them."

Please send me measurements and or links to box protectors if you have them.

If you have the same brand cartridge boxes they often used the same size boxes for different game systems, so feel free to recommend what you use.

Edited by Defender II
Update

He told me a couple weeks ago they were in transit....so im hopong pretty soon! I know he said they take some time to arrive.

Have all my games pulled out and looking forward to putting them in protectors :)

Also i found a ds protector....i think the lite works not too bad for the bigger box programs.

Edited by stupus
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, stupus said:

Its not the ds lite protector that works for the bigger aquarius games.....might be regular ds.....i need to figure out which one it is i used.

For Logo size box or Finform size box? Logo is slightly larger. Please update when you figure out which protector.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal

Both would fit in it, but its about the exact thickness and height as logo and about an inch and a half wider than it should be. Im probably going to cut mine to fit exactly.

Then for finform and fileform it would also be a little too thick. But its best i have found so far for any of these.

I need to verify exactly which protector it is too.

Also i can now confirm basic is the same size box as logo.

8 minutes ago, stupus said:

Both would fit in it, but its about the exact thickness and height as logo and about an inch and a half wider than it should be. Im probably going to cut mine to fit exactly.

Then for finform and fileform it would also be a little too thick. But its best i have found so far for any of these.

I need to verify exactly which protector it is too.

Also i can now confirm basic is the same size box as logo.

Alright great. Let us know what protector when you find out. Also, sent you a message, not sure that you saw it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They have finally arrived and are ready to ship out. They are like the others I have been making for customers here with heavy duty plastic and locking tabs on both ends to keep the flaps securely in place. All are available on my website for purchase. I have pictures of the Aquarius and Microvision game box protectors posted. Will post Odyssey 1 and RCA Studio 2 protector pictures later. The RCA Studio 2 protectors will fit both the regular and slightly larger regular box as well. 

Website to order from

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, lazzeri said:

Now you are just being mean. :-D

Ouch. ?

Any suggestion for the Atari 2600 Ghostbusters?

That reminds me that I must contact Dan and try to find something suitable for Microvision games. Any ideas?

I already make the Microvision game protectors. Link below

Microvision Protectors

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 8:20 PM, EdgeOfPortal said:

Anyone know of any box protectors for the RCA Studio II that fit the console box? I know where to find them for the games but lacking one for the system itself.

Sorry so late on this reply, didnt see it.

Hoskins Industries has the RCA Studio 2 protector.

• 1 month later...

Time for a lil' thread revival so I can pick ya'lls brains. I grabbed the Persona Endless Night collection on clearance recently- I don't know who decided 'stacked discs in a digicase' was a good idea, but I hope they got fired. Anyway- I was hoping to find a protector to fit this (it's a bit taller and wider than a standard blu-ray), but I'd love it to be a bit thicker so I can slip in a 2-disc slim blu-ray case to store the discs better. There's a lot of collector's edition the right thickness, but the height/width is wrong. Anybody got any ideas?