IGNORED

Official*Video Game Box Protector* Cross Reference & Info Repository Thread

stupus

Xonox Box protectors:

Unless I missed it in my search no one seems to have found a Xononx double-ender box protector.  I'm using Beta Max movie protectors.  I can't remember where I bought them but there is a lot of wiggle room in them.  Attached is pic :)

Evan

Xonox Dbl in BetaMax movie box.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 11:26 AM, HoshiChiri said:

Time for a lil' thread revival so I can pick ya'lls brains. I grabbed the Persona Endless Night collection on clearance recently- I don't know who decided 'stacked discs in a digicase' was a good idea, but I hope they got fired. Anyway- I was hoping to find a protector to fit this (it's a bit taller and wider than a standard blu-ray), but I'd love it to be a bit thicker so I can slip in a 2-disc slim blu-ray case to store the discs better. There's a lot of collector's edition the right thickness, but the height/width is wrong. Anybody got any ideas?

I have that same set and dont have a protector for it just yet. I'll have to send Dan measurements for my next order and see what he has that is close and test a few out.  That's pretty much how we do it, send him measurements and he gives us what is close.  Sometimes it's a hit and we log it here and sometimes not and it sits in a huge box of defunct sizes lol

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, stupus said:

Do you mean the Activision clam shell releases from HES?

I meant the slightly smaller Activision PAL (marked as International Edition) versions.

e.g. like Kaboom in the photo.. which clearly doesn't fit snuggly in the normal size protector

20200620_104550.jpg

Edited by Carlos Fandango Jr

Ah, ok. I dont have any of those to check.

From your picture i would guess maybe a nes of sms game box protector would likely work. But i cant say for certain without testing.

If you provide box demensions one of us can probably check for possibilities. 

• 3 months later...

I'm hoping to find a protector for my copy of Solatorobo, but everything is juuust a bit off: the Kid Icarus Uprising box is too short, but the other 3DS games I can find that came with CDs all used paper covers instead of the jewel case on the Solatorobo disc, so they're too narrow. The DS/3DS games that had other goodies are all way too side and/or a bit short.

Anybody got an idea?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, stupus said:

I dont like endorsing this guy but happiestsellerever now has protectors that fit the 3 epyx titles for the 2600.

They are nice quality too.

These fit alot of other things too that use that size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292655633590

I just happened to notice this, as I'm about to order more from retroprotection.com this evening.

So, are these Epyx (2600) boxes the same dimensions as the Epyx (ColecoVision) boxes?

I have two Epyx titles for my CV: Gateway to Apshai and Jumpan Junior. They are an odd size. I measure 5-13/16" x 8-13/16" x 1-1/8".

This eBay seller might have deliberately omitted the dimensions. I certainly don't see them in the listing.

I havent checked them on the coleco epyx titles yet.

But i want to say the coleco ones are a bigger box.

They did fit a epyx atari 400 game. I have a few more things to check them on. I will do so and report back.

So just checked them on the colecovision 2 piece epyx boxes. While they do go in, they bulge a bit as they are really slightly too big. Probably because they are 2 piece boxes. I am guessing the 1 piece epyx coleco boxes would fit in them correct. But i dont have those out handy right now to check.

I also just found the vic 20 game box protectors by buzzandbingo on ebay fit the coleco fisher price and small cardboard spinnaker boxes pretty nicely.

Exact height and thickness and about a half inch wider than they need to be. This isnt noticable then on the shelf though....and only thing so far i have found close on those sizes.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The big box intellivision homebrew games by cote fit good in the atari 2600 adult protectors from retroprotection.com 

Also the premium big silver box games for opcodes homebrews fit perfect in them too.

And the small box maria inty homebrew by cote fits in the game gear game protectors from retroprotection.com 

PSX_20210318_184542.thumb.jpg.c82e8a3cf353b39208f472871474a49d.jpg

PSX_20201017_011125.thumb.jpg.f596fd142b170348af52888f9cc99451.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 1:32 PM, mooshue said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FHcg00OEAc5d5Esa3tuBO2_mzXKF0gAWtLRuXBIr6-4

Started a Google Drive doc that we can all start contributing to and sharing with others who may not have an atariage account.

Let me know what you think about that format.  Only done with 2600 and 5200 so far, but want to include everything all the way up to current gen systems.

@stupus  that Fire Emblem Echoes 3ds box fits Bounty Bob perfectly.  Allows the hang tab to be fully extended.

Can you please add the dimensions of the boxes that fit in them? That way if we have similarly sized boxes we’ll know which to buy. If you sort the list by box sizes, all we would need to do is measure our box then find a protector on the list that is closest and order from the recommended seller.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Attention Philips CD-i fans: Buzz & Bingo's Moon Circus now carries box protectors that fit the USA longbox releases. Available here. Looking at you @Blazing Lazers ?

They also sell protectors for the jewel case + slipcover CD-I releases, available here. The former interests me much more, however, from a protection (and collecting) standpoint. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Attention Philips CD-i fans: Buzz & Bingo's Moon Circus now carries box protectors that fit the USA longbox releases. Available here. Looking at you @Blazing Lazers ?

They also sell protectors for the jewel case + slipcover CD-I releases, available here. The former interests me much more, however, from a protection (and collecting) standpoint. 

Thats awesome! I will have to pick up a few for my small cdi collection :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 8:38 AM, HoshiChiri said:

I'm hoping to find a protector for my copy of Solatorobo, but everything is juuust a bit off: the Kid Icarus Uprising box is too short, but the other 3DS games I can find that came with CDs all used paper covers instead of the jewel case on the Solatorobo disc, so they're too narrow. The DS/3DS games that had other goodies are all way too side and/or a bit short.

Anybody got an idea?

I think I found a solution. It's not exactly perfect, but it may fit pretty close. The 4mb ram games on Sega Saturn have a very similar box dimension and the box protector for that is readily available on Aliexpress. Hope this helps your Solatorobo box protector issue or anyone else with a similar predicament.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, Cold Soup said:

I think I found a solution. It's not exactly perfect, but it may fit pretty close. The 4mb ram games on Sega Saturn have a very similar box dimension and the box protector for that is readily available on Aliexpress. Hope this helps your Solatorobo box protector issue or anyone else with a similar predicament.

Here’s an update. It does indeed fit very well. I have very little wiggle going on. I recommend the 4mb Saturn ram cart cases for Solatorobo owners. Hope this helped. 

F4BE21BA-B992-4DEC-89FD-7C2F7CB3CBC3.jpeg

7110B8DE-BE61-4075-A494-E7F0B5D23F0E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's not a perfect fit, but standard Intellivision (tall) box protectors from Retroprotection, available here, fit Mattel HyperScan Game Packs fairly well. Just under a quarter inch gap on either side, height is maxed out and bulges just a bit, but no movement within the case so the gap isn't very consequential. 

71837CC5-F2B0-4D02-8C6A-47DA7F76F9C5.jpeg

E97C2239-0EED-4919-8C21-41503E772C45.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...