IGNORED

Always winter, never Christmas

karri

In this time frame I am only working on the novel. For people with multi-carts you can just download the novel when it is published.

The cart version is intended for people without the SD multicart who still want to experience the game on a real Lynx.

But of course I could embed some minigames into the storyline that you can choose to play without affecting the outcome. I have to think about it.

After thinking about this I decided not to include any extra minigames on the cart.

My suggestion is to play the game on an emulator or SD cart first. If you really want to have it on a cart you can get the cart version later when you know what is included.

The novel is not long. Well, actually it tends to grow all the time as I am getting suggestions about new twists in the story by test players. There is still a big combat about making only one good ending or two?

At the beginning I decided that all the endings should be BAD except one. Now I am not so sure anymore.

I also wrote a third ending that is nice. But it does not fit the current story. How do writers solve these matters? I have to consult Randy (Atari Smeghead) again...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update.

The game for download will contain "Always winter, never Christmas".

post-2099-0-45729600-1512316209_thumb.png

The cart, however, will have a second game bundled in called "Reiko's Robot Run" by Turbo Laser Lynx.

post-2099-0-30254800-1512316232.png

Both games are in status "ready for release". So we are merely testing and fine-tuning the speeds for the real hardware.

• Like 7

Well if this is the cart sign up, count me in!

No. I don't see the point in sign-ups. The cart pops up in my whitelynx.fi shop on Wednesday. It is actually a very special day for us. The independence day of Finland. I discussed with Sampo if we should release something Finland dependent to celebrate 100 years of independence. But unfortunately space themed fantasy stuff is not related in any way.

The cart is now a bit better built than Flappy used to be. So I hope it will not be an economic disaster as Flappy was. Just in case the price is a bit higher than for Flappy. In case anything is left over we will toast with the profits for the next 100 years of independence.

I still have small problems with the storyline. Yesterday Marika was playing it and she wondered where her coffee was. So I added a few sentences to the story to make it clear what has happened. There are other places as well where I don't paint out everything that has happened. That is why I use pictures. So please use your imagination to skip over any inconsistencies found in the mini-novel.

Writing stuff fills up the cart fast. The story is already 186k. So there is still be room for filling out any gaps in the logic. The desired dead-line is Wednesday this week.

• Like 6

Karri,

There are 2 prices for this. 23 and 13. Please clarify the correct price and I'll purchase a copy. Please reserve me one as I'm at work all day and don't wish to miss out.

Rgds

BadPricey

The price is €23. I originally planned to do it for €13 but then I remebered that there was a lot of extra expenses with Flappy. So it is always a small risk involved.

--

Besides... You may get the novel for free as a Christmas present. Just 18 days til Christmas :)

Edited by karri

The shop has a cumulative order count. I used to sell light and sound control equipment to theaters around the world. And a few Flappy carts ;).

But still I am surprised to wake up and have lots of orders before I even introduced that the shop is open.

In any case I will keep it open til end of 2017. So there is no hurry. You can play the game at Christmas and make up your mind.

For the people who have ordered I have to wait a day to post them. Because today:

post-2099-0-15652400-1512562430.png

A very big thing here for us all. We celebrate it by lighting up two candles in the window at 6 PM. And pretty much everything is closed.

So the shop is now open at https://whitelynx.fi/shop

There is also some text about the game at the game tab.

post-2099-0-09408700-1512563409.png

post-2099-0-38893400-1512563428.png

Happy Independence wishes to all of you from Finland.

• Like 3