IGNORED

Skyrim VR questions (worth getting a Pro?)

ComputerSpaceFan

My wife is thinking of getting me a PS4 to game in the den and I'll be moving my VR stuff there for this new purchase. There's no high def TV in the den though so is it worth me getting a PS4 Pro just for VR purposes?

I have been watching the Skyrim VR reviews and other than a French guy showing both old PS4 and Pro side by side (I have attached it below) there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the two consoles.

PSVR Frank mentioned that when there's a lot going on even the Pro suffers framerate issues so the reasons for getting a Pro over a regular PS4 just for VR seem extremely negligible to me.

Also, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to walking around in dark places where stuff can jump out at me so although the outdoors and village stuff in Skyrim looks very appealing to me, being in a cave with monsters might not be a lot of fun. Can you finish Skyrim without ever going inside the caves? Or are there parts of the main quest where that's absolutely required?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xam8TDH_K5s

• 3 weeks later...

No HD or no 4K in the den? One's a much bigger deal than the other. Though since you're gonna have a screen strapped to your face at least part of the time it may be minimized. If you don't have HD at all in there maybe think about picking up a cheap set before setting up the whole system in there.

• 10 months later...

Also, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to walking around in dark places where stuff can jump out at me so although the outdoors and village stuff in Skyrim looks very appealing to me, being in a cave with monsters might not be a lot of fun. Can you finish Skyrim without ever going inside the caves? Or are there parts of the main quest where that's absolutely required?

So to bring up this thread of mine again, I see Playstation Access brought up the frostbite spiders in Skyrim VR being freaky. Rob Pearson in this video says he had to put the headset away and he decided just not to play the bits with the spiders in it.

Is the game completable if I avoid the frostbite spiders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjok_YzrjoE