IGNORED

Crumbs! by Sporadicsoft - Preview

Sporadic

It is all to do with difficulty level and getting the player to watch the game world instead of the map all the time while playing. Something I have been testing in this version is to only display the map when you collect a powapill.

I agree. The new radar looks like a good idea and focuses the gameplay on the 3d world.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

New update time!

I've recorded some new footage showing the current game state.  Crumbs is now in its final stages of development before i move it over to testing :)

There's still some levels to create, minor bugs to address and a couple of other features i'd like to get in.

The video shows some of the progression of the Campaign, played in the first level (House).  There are now powerups and stuff but they aren't really featured in this video.

Below is some general blurb on the game and how i've laid out the progression.

Crumbs! is a new game from Sporadicsoft for the Atari Jaguar console.

Run around the levels and collect all the Crumbs while avoiding the Ghosts. The game features Campaign and Arcade style games.

The levels are organised into houses with 4 floors per house. There's a new map per House and each of the floors represent the difficulties.

There are 3 tools you can use to help detect the proximity of the Ghosts;

- Red wall glow (The walls glow red around the Ghosts' radius)

- Radar (The top of the screen shows a radar indicating where the Ghosts are in relation to you)

- Heartbeat (Your heartbeat speeds up as the Ghosts get closer!)

There are 5 powerups to collect and use at your will (they persist between levels);

- Speed up (player runs faster!)

- Show map (handy for harder difficulties where the map is hidden by default)

- Longer lasting power pill

- Lights on (Hide the Ghosts and avoid getting caught)

- Freeze Ghosts

CAMPAIGN

Work your way through all the houses to clear them. The map layout changes for each house and the difficulty changes for each floor in a house.

You only have to clear 1 floor to move to the next house but to achieve a high score and rewards you should try and clear the entire house (all floors).

Campaign progress is saved to the cart; Houses unlocked, floors cleared in all houses, power ups collected, current score, lives and maximum Arcade level unlocked. 

ARCADE

Choose a difficulty level and progress though that floor in each of the houses in turn. The starting level can be chosen as you unlock them in the Campaign.

DIFFICULTY LEVELS

- Easy - Map always visible. Good for learning the House map.

- Medium - Map only visible when power pills eaten.

- Hard - Map always hidden. Collectables not shown on radar. Reduced distance of Ghost red wall glow.

- Nightmare - Map always hidden. Dark play area (walls hard to navigate) - Only ghosts shown on radar. Further reduced distance of Ghost red wall glow.

Highscores are all saved to cart; 1 scoreboard for Campaign and 4 for the separate Arcade difficulties.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1