Rick Dangerous

Definitive guide to burning 3DO games?

In my stack of burned CDRs, many play just fine, some stutter on FMV and some spit out as if to say "No thank you."  I may experiment with the discs I heard were best for Playstation 1.  Look up Taiyo yuden, and the SPECIFIC ones suggested were their generic named ones (same discs though).  Here's the info: CMC pro  Powered by TY Technology   Part# T-CDR-ZZ-SB    UPC code: 678621011127  100 pack    DESCRIPTION: CDR Lacquer   Made in Taiwan

I will try at lowest speed and fastest.

There are 3 key factors in getting good burns. 1. The quality of the burner - is the laser dying? 2. The quality of the CD-R, Taiji yuden are the best choice. 3. The quality of the reader - 3DO lasers are extremely flaky at this age and there are no replacements available. Burning at lower speed is not a universal rule. It’s best to burn at the recommended speed for the media and burner. 

At this point I would recommend people start planning to switch to 3DO usb. Lasers are starting to fail more and there are no replacements for 3DO.

A Hyperspin complete set is about 94 GB, so even if you added any non-game titles they may have had, you probably could fit the whole collection on a 128GB SD card.  This console is ripe for an ODE replacement like the NeoGeo CD SD Loader or Gamecube equivalent. The GC I can play off USB on my modded wii, Neo Geo has MiSTer AES/MVS options, put Panasonic has no other system or platform (yet).  It is emulation or the hardware.  Yes, there is the option by 3do-renovation, but I will wait for something more cost effective or even better, a MISTER core. 

3 years after starting this thread, i burned by first three 3DO games last night.

-Corpse Killer

-Dragon's Lair

-Sewer Shark

They work; look and play great. 

Found a nice version of IMGBurn here:

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/imgburn-250

Basically you download the Bin/Cue or ISO, load it up, set the write speed to 1x (only have to do this once), and hit "Burn"

It's that easy!  

On 1/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

3 years after starting this thread, i burned by first three 3DO games last night.

-Corpse Killer

-Dragon's Lair

-Sewer Shark

They work; look and play great. 

Found a nice version of IMGBurn here:

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/imgburn-250

Basically you download the Bin/Cue or ISO, load it up, set the write speed to 1x (only have to do this once), and hit "Burn"

It's that easy!  

You mean you still haven't burned Dino Tycoon? lol :D